Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well, I'm gonna hold my hands up on this one. We were <deleted> and Wolves deserved the win. Well done.

Fair play mate :D

How long do you think mancini will last mate,they got rid of hughesy who was doing a better job not trolling mate a serious question.

Mancini amazed me tonight with his tactical knowledge. He was out of this world. Unfortunately we are playing in this world.

Zabaleta on for Adebayor, when you are 2-1 down..... doesnt make sense to me :o

I have no idea why De Jong wasnt playing, but City are a different team without him.

Barry and Milner continue to disappoint, as does Kolo Toure

Johnson should have been given more time on the pitch.

All in all, worst I have seen from City in a long while

Barry's fat and was never more then average, Milner is a good pro but not whats needed if you need to get to the top.

ManCity have spent 450 million on with a few exceptions mediocrity. And your managers let Bellamy on of the few with something about him leave.

Barry's fat and was never more then average, Milner is a good pro but not whats needed if you need to get to the top.

ManCity have spent 450 million on with a few exceptions mediocrity. And your managers let Bellamy on of the few with something about him leave.

Shhhh keep it under your hat.....the delusional fans aint realised yet. :D

Its all telephone numbers to 'em at the moment.

Zabaleta on for Adebayor, when you are 2-1 down..... doesnt make sense to me :o

I have no idea why De Jong wasnt playing, but City are a different team without him.

Johnson should have been given more time on the pitch.

All in all, worst I have seen from City in a long while

Taking Adebayor off was a weird one for me, as weird as keeping Balotelli on.

ManCity have spent 450 million on with a few exceptions mediocrity.

Do people just pluck these figures out of the air? A couple of hundred million get added on at the flick of a keyboard.

they're usually parroted from tabloid news stories. whose journalists pluck the figures out of the air to create hype / drama.

Do people just pluck these figures out of the air? A couple of hundred million get added on at the flick of a keyboard.

A couple of hundred Million gets added on to the couple of hundred Million that you spent, yeah...:D

they're usually parroted from tabloid news stories. whose journalists pluck the figures out of the air to create hype / drama.

Yeah, plus Englander added his own 5o mil :D

A couple of hundred Million gets added on to the couple of hundred Million that you spent, yeah...:D

But the first couple of hundred were loose change, now we're talking serious money :D

get used to it though boj. we went through the same shit with benitez - 'but but but he's spent £250m!!!!!' - when the reality, his genuine net spend on players in and out, equated to a massive £14m a season approx.

we even had purslow by the end telling us we'd spent £25m or whatever on players because he'd bundled their wages and signing-on fees into the transfer budget mix, something i'd never heard any football administrator do before. all muddied the waters like.

so long as city remain trophy-less you're going to get these accusations mate.

JD has quaranteed me that they will finish in the top three this season. :( So it does'nt really matter if they spend or not, as its job done already. ;)

Well they had better rush tevez back it has been 8 months since city have won a game without him scoring at least 1 goal :lol:

get used to it though boj. we went through the same shit with benitez - 'but but but he's spent £250m!!!!!' - when the reality, his genuine net spend on players in and out, equated to a massive £14m a season approx.

we even had purslow by the end telling us we'd spent £25m or whatever on players because he'd bundled their wages and signing-on fees into the transfer budget mix, something i'd never heard any football administrator do before. all muddied the waters like.

Accusations ??

What accusations ??

Benitez DID spend 250m on Signing new Players ( irrelevent what he brang in, we're talking about what he spent on mostly <deleted>, that's teh point i personally try to make ) & the Sheikh whateverhisnameis HAS taken his investment in Manchester City to over half a Million of the finest Brtish Pounds recently..

No accusations there, just brutal facts, as clear as day..

Accusations ??

What accusations ??

Benitez DID spend 250m on Signing new Players ( irrelevent what he brang in, we're talking about what he spent on mostly <deleted>, that's teh point i personally try to make ) & the Sheikh whateverhisnameis HAS taken his investment in Manchester City to over half a Million of the finest Brtish Pounds recently..

No accusations there, just brutal facts, as clear as day..

Big love in with city and liverpool on here :D

Singhy don't waste your breath leave it benetez never spent anything buying those players he brought in he used magic beans :lol:

And all the players who have gone to city have gone there to win trophies :D

We have one thing in common nev ;)

Actually, I do have a soft spot for Liverpoll as I used to live on Walton Breck Rd and then moved to Aigburth, so I used to go and watch many of Liverpool's mid week home games.

Time will tell if they made the right decision eh nev. I know one thing for sure. You lot are more worried now than you have ever been.

Actually, I do have a soft spot for Liverpoll as I used to live on Walton Breck Rd and then moved to Aigburth, so I used to go and watch many of Liverpool's mid week home games.

Time will tell if they made the right decision eh nev. I know one thing for sure. You lot are more worried now than you have ever been.

Then they clearly did'nt watch the Wolves game. :lol:

Then they clearly did'nt watch the Wolves game. :lol:

That was to lure them into a false sense of security. ;) 8 days time will tell.

JD has quaranteed me that they will finish in the top three this season. :( So it does'nt really matter if they spend or not, as its job done already. ;)

Even making allowances for the fact you are a Spurs fan, please get your facts right!! Reread my post.

I guaranteed we would finish above Tottenham.

I suspected we would finish above both Arsenal and United. I stand by those thoughts......... Next?

Including Taksins spending which was only a few years ago it must be very near that figure.

This link shows all the new regimes spending, and reckons its over 300 million, not including Boletti or Milner, so lets say 350 million!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/836152-manchester-citys-spending-spree-tops-300m

But i can understand you thinking it wasnt that much after the weekend.wink.gif

This link shows all the new regimes spending, and reckons its over 300 million, not including Boletti or Milner, so lets say 350 million!

But i can understand you thinking it wasnt that much after the weekend.

As stevie said, it's usually tabloid BS.

Of course I agree we have spent a fortune but it seems extra zero's get put on. Most big deals are undisclosed but the press put a "reportedley" figure on it. That article also said we were gonna sign Torres for a record breaking 70 mill and it was in the pipe line. Pinch of salt.

But i can understand you thinking it wasnt that much after the weekend.

As stevie said, it's usually tabloid BS.

Of course I agree we have spent a fortune but it seems extra zero's get put on. Most big deals are undisclosed but the press put a "reportedley" figure on it. That article also said we were gonna sign Torres for a record breaking 70 mill and it was in the pipe line. Pinch of salt.

& Stevie was wrong, Benitez did spend that money ( his " money in " money is irrelevent, he still SPENT 250m ) & so your Arab has invested OVER 500M GBP IN MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB & that's NOT " tabloid BS " at all, that's a brutal fact that you've ignored as i posted it earlier in the thread......:rolleyes:

Why would it " seem " extra zero's get put on ??

Surely it's not that difficult to understand is it ??

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/26/sheikh-mansour-manchester-city

Even making allowances for the fact you are a Spurs fan, please get your facts right!! Reread my post.

I suspected we would finish above both Arsenal and United. I stand by those thoughts......... Next?

I bet you are always suprised and disappointed when your lotto number does'nt come up too right?

& Stevie was wrong, Benitez did spend that money ( his " money in " money is irrelevent, he still SPENT 250m ) & so your Arab has invested OVER 500M GBP IN MANCHESTER CITY FOOTBALL CLUB & that's NOT " tabloid BS " at all, that's a brutal fact that you've ignored as i posted it earlier in the thread......:rolleyes:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/26/sheikh-mansour-manchester-city

Bladdy heck singhers. Keep your knickers on matey.

We were talking about monet spent on players. Investment is totally different, that is investment into the likes of updating the academy and all other associated things to do with the club etc. Did you know for instance that he is "reportedley" going to invest circa 1 billion into rejuvenating the run down area of Eastlands, creating employment. Are we going to slag him for that as well?

http://www.guardian....manchester-city

Bladdy heck singhers. Keep your knickers on matey.

We were talking about monet spent on players. Investment is totally different, that is investment into the likes of updating the academy and all other associated things to do with the club etc. Did you know for instance that he is "reportedley" going to invest circa 1 billion into rejuvenating the run down area of Eastlands, creating employment. Are we going to slag him for that as well?

Dont' twist it BJ, i'm not slagging anyone at all,..

I'm just saying that he HAS spent lots & lots & lots & lots of money & think you're wrong when you say that poeple are puttign on zero's etc, because they don't need to do that as he's done it himself..

& the Academy improvement, if any, i doubt would be even 1% of his Investment so far so let's be real..

360m on Players so far ?? Over 100m per Year on Wages alone...

Money spent on Transfer fee's & Players wages FAR outweighs any other Investment including actual purchase of the Club..

Mental..

http://www.suite101.com/content/how-much-money-have-manchester-city-spent-since-their-takeover-a274854

I'm just saying that he HAS spent lots & lots & lots & lots of money & think you're wrong when you say that poeple are puttign on zero's etc, because they don't need to do that as he's done it himself..

Singhers, I have already agreed many thimes that he has spent lots and lots and I think we are very lucky. But don't get the two different issues mixed up. People were adding zero's to the amount of money spent on players. What he has spent in total including investment is a totally different issue. That is all that I was correcting.

Singhers, I have already agreed many thimes that he has spent lots and lots and I think we are very lucky. But don't get the two different issues mixed up. People were adding zero's to the amount of money spent on players. What he has spent in total including investment is a totally different issue. That is all that I was correcting.

OK i read every newspaper online as theyre free (except the Guardian spit)... and the figures quoted are the same in each, never understand this newspaper snobbery when it comes to football, The Sun years ago under Brian Woolnough was always the best for transfers breaking, reviews of games etc.. .... but i'll accept im just quoting media though the losses youve made do show the figures could possibly be very close. ..... Though Gary Cook says youve spent over 300 million ... and Taksin spent a fortune as the debt he left proves.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ity/9051136.stm

But anyway .... they have this new UEFA ruling where the club cannot lose more then 45 million Euro for the next few years or the will not be able to enter European competitions .... is there any info amongst Man City fans as to how theyll avoid this as quite clearly Man City are paying more then everyone which is why players are so eager to join and theyre still talking about buying more players.

http://www.belfastte...e-14970865.html

Edited by Englander

I bet you are always suprised and disappointed when your lotto number does'nt come up too right?

Tell you what, mate.

Lets make it interesting. I am that confident that City will finish above Spurs, lets have a little nibble shall we??

Loser has to treat members on this football forum to a night out ( at a convenient time for all). I assume you are in Thailand?

As for the lottery mate, dont do it never had!! Better ways to lose money!!