How to setup Port forwarding on 3bb Huawei NT3bb-4PWN router

gessi2000

Guys,

I have a newly installed 3bb internet in my Pattaya Condo with a new Huawei router from 3bb.

I tried to configure NAT with port forwarding to my NAS attached via LAN to the router but can't figure out what to do except the port mapping entries to the IP of my NAS.

I set up DDNS and that works but obviously the ports are not forwarded properly but I can remotely get to the admin page of the router.

Can someone give me a short help what to do?I assume my port mapping entries are correct but I can't access my NAS remotely, locally of course it works and is turned on ...

If 3BB is issuing your ADSL Router a "Carrier Grade NAT IP Address" (100.64.0.0/10, or 100.64.0.0 – 100.127.255.255) then port forwarding will not work.

But if you are being issues a Public IP address, and you are forwarding a port to a NAS with a Static assigned IP address, then it should work.

I tried to configure NAT with port forwarding to my NAS attached via LAN to the router but can't figure out what to do except the port mapping entries to the IP of my NAS.

I set up DDNS and that works but obviously the ports are not forwarded properly but I can remotely get to the admin page of the router.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Why do you want to access your NAS from the internet at all? Be specific.

Without more detail it's impossible to say what you should be doing.

Sorry guys, on my router I have attached a Qnap NAS which has a Webbrowser based Gui on port 8080 and also a webcam attached using the Qnap App Surveillance station which I can then remotely supervise if I don't stay in Thailand.

In order to access the Surveillance station App and the NAS Webgui I need to forward the ports from NAS via Nat in my router accordingly. So for the Webgui of my NAS it should be accessible via the public ip of the router and port 8080 which could be any external port anyway.

Have you verified that 3BB is issuing your router a public addressable IP address (and not a NAT444 Carrier Grade NAT I mentioned above)?

Have you taken a look at this PortForward.com page for your 3bb Huawei NT3bb-4PWN router and followed the instructions for your specific Qnap NAS?

Or this similar SetupRouter.com page for your 3BB NT3BB-4PWN

Entering the Static IP of your Qnap NAS, Port 8080 (or change the port used by your Qnap NAS if Port 8080 is filtered by your ISP)

What a NT3BB-4PWN router Virtual Server setup page might look like:

969996_706589196024256_134483581_n.jpg

-- OR --

virtual-server-52765.jpg

Local address (e.g.: 192.168.1.100) Port (8080) Local Port (8080) Application (Custom - if you can)

HOWEVER!

8080, 8000 80 etc are scanned by ner'do'wells, so i'd suggest you use a non standard port (if 3BB allows such a thing) Also make sure you change all default passwords ....

3BB NT3BB-4PWN Default Username and Password

You need to know the username and password to login to your 3BB NT3BB-4PWN. All of the default usernames and passwords for the 3BB NT3BB-4PWN are listed below.

3BB Usernames 3BB Passwords admin 3bb

Enter your username and password in the dialog box that pops up. It looks like this:

Edit (my post broke, your 3bb default username/password is admin/3bb

-------

QNAP = admin/admin

Please change these before you do any port forwarding to expose your devices to the outside world thumbsup.gif

Edited by phazey

I did verify that DDNS works as I can acces my 3bb Routers Webinterface via my dyndns.org domain so even if the public IP changes it should not matter as the Router has a setting to update the IP addresse of my dyndns domain name.

Anyway I have no Virtual PC settings on my box but a Advanced > NAT > Port Mapping Setting which should do the same and for testing I opened TCP-8080 (which internally works just fine accessing http://192.168.1.5:8080) but I cant access my Qnap Webinterface, just see my attached screenshot from the settings I am using.

I was wondering if something else is missing but I still cant figure out :-(

post-17804-0-48060200-1415272470_thumb.p

Edited by gessi2000

• 3 weeks later...

Solved!

The whole procedure as mentioned in my last post with adding NAT Port Mappings works I can now confirm.

The strange this, which I was not used to, was that when resolving to my DynDNS hostname within the Wifi of my 3bb router I landed at the WebGUI (Browser based) at it's internal IP address (192.168.1.1). So I thought I was routed from the Wifi through the Internet back to my 3bb router but that was wrong. Obviously it resolves the DynDNS name locally and then forwards a local device to the internal LAN address.

This does not work same way with other internal LAN Devices where NAT Port Mappings are setup, which is very strange.

Now I setup all Port Mappings and connected through 3G from my mobile or any other external Internet Device through my DynDNS and Port address and I get correctly forwarded to my NAS and XBMC Devices connected to my 3bb router.

Anyway the router WebGUI itself is not reachable same way as from internal LAN with DynDNS address and port 80 because one need to sepcify (enable) a http ACL rule from within the router 'Advanced > ACL' to allow WAN connections to the Gateway (=Router). The rule is already there but only enabled for LAN devices and some other (obviously 3bb Management IP's) IP addresses (110.164..x.x).

Works now as expected. My fault as I should have tested from beginning from an external Internet Device...