Junta to summon people to 'boost understanding'

Lite Beer

Junta to summon people to 'boost understanding'
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The authorities are considering summoning some politicians and activists to help adjust their perception of the junta's intentions, Deputy Defence Minister General Udomdej Sitabutr said yesterday.

Asked if individuals such as former Pheu Thai MP Worachai Hema and former Democrat MP Thaworn Senneam, would be summoned, Udomdej said he was considering it.

Both former MPs have been quite vocal about the work of National Legislative Assembly.

Udomdej, who is also Army chief, said if given the chance he would instruct his commanders to talk to the ex-MPs to help them have a better understanding of the government's work.

"I believe everybody wants the country to move forward, but they may want it in accordance with their different opinions. However, I think our officials are capable enough to handle this," Udomdej told reporters.

The army chief said there was a small movement against the junta, but it was not strong enough for the authorities to be worried about.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha had a clear policy, wanting them to have a better understanding via consultation, he said.

"There might be some misunderstanding about the government's work. I've already instructed military personnel on the ground to help these people have a better understanding," he said.

But it was not yet necessary for the government to exercise special powers under Article 44 to suppress those who have different ideas, he said.

"I reaffirm that the premier will not use Article 44 to exercise control. What the prime minister said just days ago was simply that [the government] wants to remind all concerned parties that the junta is still in charge and it still has the power.

"But that does not mean we will enforce the law or exercise power to handle the anti-government elements. We will talk to them to help them understand instead," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Junta-to-summon-people-to-boost-understanding-30247288.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-08

"I've already instructed military personnel on the ground to help these people have a better understanding," he said."wai2.gif wai.gif

"...to remind all concerned parties that the junta is still in charge and it still has the power." shock1.gif

Bow down before the one you serve...

Fascism at its finest.

Oh I dunno, General P has a lot in common with Xi Jinping, and he's supposedly Communist. Fascism and Communism are but different sides of the same coin. Suppression of all and any dissent.

There is of course a LOT no one, Thai or farang, are privy too. However, the report of a very good bookshop I visited in Pai being raided immediately after the coup was chilling. What else they been up to? huh.png

Edited by jpeg

As long as they keep acting like the a school bully, then that's always going to be the way they're going to be judged, I think the PM needs to stop worrying about a small minority according to the polls, and worry more about the damage to the country by the mouthes of some of his own Ministers and Generals, the Chief of Police and the Tourism just for starters!!

",,, adjust their perceptions of the junta's intentions. "

Is this a euphemism for ' shut up, do as your'e told, or else ? '

"Let's invite views and debate on the way forward ... then ignore it"

Unbelievable double standards on this thread : did you forget the 'reconciliation forum' already ?.

There is very little you can direct at the junta that Pheu-Thai were not guilty of 10 times worse.

Do people have any conception what Thaksin would have done to Thailand if he wielded power like this (which is exactly what he was trying to do) ?.

Carrot and stick, except carrots are offered to one segment of the populace and the stick is raised to another. Is it necessary to point out the inherent divisiveness in this approach, or that it runs exactly counter to a stated policy of reconciliation?

More "Education Camps" . Someone has been reading Russian and North Korean text books again.

Already well up and running. Called "Reconciliation Camps" here. Check the link, amazing bizarre stuff even for this weird junta.

http://isaanrecord.com/2014/09/28/reconciliation-trainings-target-northeaster-villages/

Run by regime`s ISOC Internal Security Operations Command.

Edit iffy link, may have to google. Seems you cant go direct to my link anymore but if you google isaanrecord. reconciliation camps it gets you there. Dont understand why. You can also get to it if you search twitter.com/pakhead for isaanrecord reconciliation. Cant link direct sorry

Edited by heyexile
  • Like 1