How to get to the "green park " ?

Tinker2

It has 2 names (still not sure how they're different--maybe one is the 'park', the other the district?): Bang Krachao and Pra Prabang. I just went bicycling there for the first time 2 weeks ago. Fantastic place, IMO.

From, say, Silom...go down Rama 4...just before Tesco Lotus turn right onto the big street. Just go straight on that until eventually, at the end, it veers left toward a port. Just before the port (after the 7-Eleven), go right, toward the temple there. then go straight down the little soi to the river, where you pay B20 to have a long tail boat ferry you (and you bicycle, if you wish), 5 min. to the other side. At the other side you can rent a bike if you want.

I take another route.

From Udom Suk BTS you can jump in a taxi and say "wat bang Na nok" 50 baht at most, you can also get off at On Nut and they should know the back way down soi 50 turning left on the back road.

At the Wat there is a ferry that costs 4 baht, you pay on the other side.

When you arrive on your left there is a guy renting bikes 80 baht for 3 hours I believe, he will gve you maps, there are two ways to get to Bang Nam Peung market which is the week end market - great fun in the market with lots of unique food, leave your bikes outside where te motor Sai guys sit. no locks needed and the rental guy isn't worried about theft. The nature bike ride is on elevated sidewalks amd very beautiful, the road route is sort of boring however you will pass a very old Wat worth a look. I've cycled most of the area including national park it's a great area.

You can walk the elevated route of you decide not to rent a bike to the market 20 minutes or so and there are also motor sai for 20 baht to the market.

Week ends are busy because of the market, I often go midweek to get away from the hustle and bustle.

In the market there is a coffee shoppe well hidden, check it out.

Its NOT a park as such-its simply an area in the BMA, but OUT of BKK proper (its Samut Prakarn) and the nearest larger is Prapradaeng (not as Oliver tells). There is also some eco-lodge there and a weekend-nite market with fireflies. Its not that much different from many other rural areas but just ahppens to be closest to centretown.

Take BTS till Wongwien Yai and catch bus 82 till far end-a major ferry+bus area, and either walk, taxi (but you then have to pronounce where you go) or dilapidated old bus 1010 from there.

Or expresswaybus 141 from along Ram IV (circles around Chula-MBK)and just after exit ex-way change into 82.