Applicant denied job due to 'Irish alcoholism nature'

webfact

Sometimes the truth is offensive; however, it is still the truth.

No different than if it read:

"I am sorry to inform you that my client does not hire Korean people due to the lack of sense of humor of their kind."

Again, offensive but as much on the mark as the OP generalization.

Best suggestion would be for people to quit being so sensitive.

What a croc of shit you just wrote, That's like saying my client will not hire an Australian due to the country's criminal roots

Wow... that's rich! I spent 3 months working there for Hyundai and have to say that the Koreans are some of the biggest pissheads on the planet!

Don't knock it, anyone who can drink a few pints of soju and still walk in a straight line gets my respect.

tongue.png

• Like 1

Sometimes the truth is offensive; however, it is still the truth.

No different than if it read:

"I am sorry to inform you that my client does not hire Korean people due to the lack of sense of humor of their kind."

Again, offensive but as much on the mark as the OP generalization.

Best suggestion would be for people to quit being so sensitive.

Are you for real?

I guess its the same as me commenting that..

"this poster is clearly of limited intelligence and has a complete lack of understanding of the damage such generalising can do, despite years of well published human history. Probably believes racism is a Formula 1 hobby and that Bigotry means the largest Oak in the forest, however he will likely be oblivious to such comments as he conditioned himself to be insensitive to such remarks."

Ah...so you are the first of the lynchmob to arrive...did you bring the rope?

And no, what you have commented would actually not be the same thing at all. You see, up til now it has been a generalization about an entire group of people based on some shared culture or ancestral trait. What you have stated is simply a very obvious criticism and attempt at personal attack against an individual who has offended you for some reason (since the lack of wit in your post indicates you are not Irish).

FWIW, said individual could care a less about what you over-sensitive self-righteous types opinions are.

Why is it most of you happen to be American?

Cheers

What a load of crap. You really believe the nonsense you spout, remarkable. "share culture or ancestral trait" give me a break.

What they did to the lady was offensive, I am sorry you can't see it or understand it but that millions of others can. Thankfully dinosaurs like you who believe it is ok to make comments like this are dying out. It is pointless trying to reason with some like you who believes that people who find this offensive are just "too sensitive".

Have a wonderful day and watch out for all those educated, drunken, Irish women.

By the way I am not American, try again...

Whoa, what did that gao hee just say ? Where is the statement that should have come out of the Irish Embassy on this ? They should be protesting loudly. "All Irish are alcoholics by nature". What are South Koreans then ? I find them to be loud, rude, odorous, unable to comprehend the logic of a queue, and completely arrogant to Thai cultural sensitivities. And most Sth Koreans that I have met in BKK are pickled on Johnny Walker Red. What a crap excuse to not employ a young Irish woman. There a counties in this world that have laws (with stiff penalties) preventing this type of xenophobia and discrimination.

I'm going to bet a pint that is was a Troll Post on Craiglist, not a real job offer. A few years on TV and one develops radar for those who out to have a go. [is there a total on how many murderers met their victims through CL?]

Yeah or maybe a scam but she (the applicant) was actually well qualified and they had to ditch her.

Here's a link to the alcohol consumption by country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption

Ireland # 5,

The first chart is just ridiculous while missing eastern european Countries. The second chart looks more realistic, anyway we germans are in both charts very close to the irish. whistling.gif

I was afraid we would be stated almost as anti alcoholics, on the other hand, now I have to be aware in which country I apply for a job. wink.png

Sampling of OECD countries by the annual consumption of pure alcohol in liters, per person, aged 15 years old and over, as published in the 2013 OECD Health Data:

#1 France #5 Ireland #15 Australia #21 South Korea #22 USA #27 Japan #34 Turkey

By Total Consumption (some tied with same rank) 2010:

#1 Belarus #4 Russia #13 South Korea #14 Australia #15 Ireland #36 USA #50 Japan #51 Thailand #93 Turkey

Thank you Wikipedia.

Surprised how far from the pack Thailand is on both lists as alcohol is so easily accessible.

I suppose ignorance is ignorance but it’s always extra ironic when it comes from a Brit talking about Irish drinking habits. I lived a year in London (Fulham Broadway) and a year in Birmingham. When the pubs closed, there would be semi continuous whale of sirens (police and ambulance), that reminded me more of Beirut than any city or town in Ireland.

The first time (I was 27), that someone suggested having a beer at lunchtime was a city colleague (Brit) when I worked in London. I naturally declined.

I have lived in South Africa, UK, Germany and Australia and each of these countries easily out drink Ireland on a regular basis.

Those whom can argue on fact, reason and logic, do so, others evoke an empty ‘pc brigade’ debate.

I also lived in London in the 70s,I wouldn't suscribe to the Irish being big drinkers,but there were certainly many Irish only pubs and Dance Halls (at weekends) (serving beer late,after the Pubs closed) Holloway Road,Kentish Town,Kilburn, Shephards Bush, and many more! The Irish were hard working people,and kept our building sites buzzing,and were highly employable!

http://www.timeout.com/london/bars-pubs/londons-best-irish-pubs

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

Wow... that's rich! I spent 3 months working there for Hyundai and have to say that the Koreans are some of the biggest pissheads on the planet!

Don't knock it, anyone who can drink a few pints of soju and still walk in a straight line gets my respect.

tongue.png

Is soju stronger than baijiu (Chinese white wine with about 40-60% abv)?