Shooting Death At The Mermaid Resort, Bang Rak?

As sighted by my security guard last night around 9.30pm there was a Thai man shot in the roadside area nearby Nara and Mermaid. I have heard today that the man was shot 4 times and that he may be the deputy Poo Yai Baan from Banrak (not confirmed). There is speculation that since he was making noises about officials in Samui being corrupt and that 2 more went into Jail yesterday after visits from the DSI, that they are blaming him. We will probably know more details from the BKK post Tomorrow.

Local guy, 40-50ish, maybe because he bossed some younger kids around at the temple party in Ban Rak.

Apparently he was followed on the bike and shot in the back of his head.

His house was kinda in front of the new pier.

Edited by limbos

A lot of Woofters visit this place.

What's a Woofter?

A woofter is a gay/fagget -- just wonder why John 1 knows :o

Maybe on the on the land-side away from the beach,don't know, but I've stayed there , on the beach, side and have NOT noticed any woofers, mostly couples and a few singles, both men/women. But I guess John 1 is a John ( a person looking for sex and will pay) The few other singles I didn't talk to, so how are YOU (John1) going to know, onless u're one!

Well, enough of that. It doesn't matter who got shot, Thai, farang, male, female, gay or straight. A man is dead and his family is in mourning.

I'd be interested to know more details ie: was it a teenage gang? Was it a puyaibahn trying to clean up Samui. Anyone know?

Well, enough of that. It doesn't matter who got shot, Thai, farang, male, female, gay or straight. A man is dead and his family is in mourning.

I'd be interested to know more details ie: was it a teenage gang? Was it a puyaibahn trying to clean up Samui. Anyone know?

Fact is the man (Thai) is dead...apparently some issues with tip-offs, just read the Thai Rat Thai newspaper (BKK Post is not covering).

My husband just told me he was the puyaibahn (according to the Thai papers) that had tried to stop a roadblock from taking bribes from people. I'm not sure who set up the roadblock, not the police but certainly not random people either, some kind of officialdom anyway.

Regardless, he tried to stop them from soliciting money from passersby, some kind of argument ensued and he was shot.

Shot for being clean. And we wonder why the good, decent, honest people don't go into politics in this country.

I don't think you have to be a poofter to know one, look at the fags kissing and holding hands, I'm not tolerant toward them. So call me a bigot for all I care, but don't tap me on the shoulder unless your looking for a fat lip.

John1, You got problems that need a fixin'

1. You don't HAVE to look.

2. Don't patriat places where this sh*t happens!

3. If you're straight, it can't hurt you!

4. Plus you're off topic, start "new topic", to get what you want to hear.

5. Giving someone a fat lip for tapping you on the back is extreme, could be a good friend & POW!

6. Posting hate won't make it go away.

7. I was yankin' your chain, mate.

To your post, I have to say I've seen some (femine)gays, but not doing anything like you mentioned, since that's disrespectful to the Thai's and other nationalities as well! I adree with that! But to label a resort a woofer-place isn't fair, since I'm straight and if I stayed there another time, you and others that have read your post would think Im a woofer! Just think you ran into a bad few days there, or maybe there are woofers on the other side, but they're stil people.

Get back to the facts of the matter here, what happened and how?

Chill-out John, It'll be a good day tommorrow!

I don't think you have to be a poofter to know one, look at the fags kissing and holding hands, I'm not tolerant toward them. So call me a bigot for all I care, but don't tap me on the shoulder unless your looking for a fat lip.

Most definitely :o Continue to post such bigoted off topic material and you will find yourself in trouble on this forum. Do NOT open another thread elsewhere to discuss your homophobia.

Instead, read the forum rules

Excessive, aggressive posts against other members, moderators and admin; or flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is best defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, rants, and/or for launching personal attacks, insulting, being hateful, useless criticism, name calling, swearing and other bad behavior or comments meant to incite anger.

Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or any attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants. The word, or its derivative, "trolling", is used to describe such messages or the act of posting them.

Anyway, apparently he was not the puyaibahn, but still, I do sorrow over some Thai methods of conflict resolution :D