Transferring money from uk

Halifax charge £9.50 to transfer funds internationally via their website and the Thai receiving Bank will charge a min of 200Baht,but it's capped at 500Baht.

As advised make sure you transfer £ and do not use any UK Banks Thai exchange rate,much better rate in Thailand.

HSBC only charge £4,but that may be a Limited offer. My friend transferred £40,000 and no charge to receive the funds(unless hidden in the exchange rate)using HSBC,it takes about 3 working days the 1st,quicker after that.

That's if you have any of those accounts,nationwide used to charge £25(now £20?)for a swift transfer.

You will need the Thailand branch address as well as the account number.

Bangkok Bank in London,can transfer into a holding account in any branch and you can pick it up as your leisure. For about £20,again send in £,not Thai Baht.

Edited by MAZ3

Please note that individual bank branches here do not have a separate sort code. You will need the SWIFT code for your bank, the account number and the precise name of the account. The SWIFT code for Kasikorn Thai Bank is KASITHBK and the Bangkok Bank is BKKBTHBK. I use those two so happen to have a note of them. Your account number will define the branch.

Always transfer GBP.

(edit to add final sentence)

Edited by lungbing

Thanks guys for your help. I'm with Santander, trying to find out the fee now. It's is particularly helpful to know the thai banks charge is capped at 500b so thanks.

I have just used today from Santander UK to Bangkok bank London to My Bangkok bank in Thailand sent in sterling that way it's not a international transfer rates

Look at Bangkok banks website for more info.