Nakhon Phanom

Six

Hi :o

I'm taking my first trip to NP in a few weeks time, thinking of staying at The River View Hotel. If anyone has any advice regarding what to see, where to stay, what to avoid, etc. I'd be very grateful.

By the way, I can only find one airline that operates from BKK to KOP (PB Air). Don't Thai fly this route any longer?

Thanks very much.

Six

I'm taking my first trip to NP in a few weeks time, thinking of staying at The River View Hotel. If anyone has any advice regarding what to see, where to stay, what to avoid, etc. I'd be very grateful.

By the way, I can only find one airline that operates from BKK to KOP (PB Air). Don't Thai fly this route any longer?

Thanks very much.

Six

About the hotel, I have no opinion. But I can confirm yes only PB Air is going to NP. Another solution is to go to Khong Khaeng ou Udon Thani and rent a car.

Thanks very much.

Six

About the hotel, I have no opinion. But I can confirm yes only PB Air is going to NP. Another solution is to go to Khong Khaeng ou Udon Thani and rent a car.

Thanks AF.

The River View Hotel is very comfortable. Ask for a room facing the river. A good time to go to Nakhon Phanom will be at Ork Pansa (the end of the Buddhist lent) 6th, 7th and 8th October this year. The illuminated boat procession on the Mekhong takes place thenand it's spectacular. Get there early and sit right down by the river to see the dancing on the floating pontoons.

Illuminated Boat Procession

Also, take a trip down the river to That Phanom. There is a Laos-style chedi there which is interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Have Stayed at the River View a few times, a very nice hotel, friendly staff.

There is also a nice restaurant next door overlooking the river, just turn left as you leave the hotel and you can't miss it.

Also stayed in a hotel in the town centre the name escapes me, not quite as nice, very basic but it did have half a dozen full size snooker tables downstairs!

I think only PB air fly there now.

• 1 month later...