ISIS recruits: Cooking and cleaning is the reality facing fighters

webfact

ISIS recruits: Cooking and cleaning is the reality facing fighters

SYDNEY: -- LAST week Indian student Areeb Majeed was just one of several recruits who found out the hard way what life fighting for IS is really like.

Majeed travelled to Iraq to join the Islamic State group in May only to return home disillusioned after jihadists made him clean toilets and do other menial jobs.

The 23-year-old left for Iraq three friends in late May, but flew home last week only to be arrests by anti-terror police.

He reportedly told India’s elite National Investigation Agency (NIA) he was sidelined by the jihadists for whom he fetched water and performed other menial tasks such as cleaning toilets, instead of taking part in fighting.

And he is not the only one.

Letters published in a French newspaper last week reveal several of the estimated 376 French fighters with the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) were bored, terrified or otherwise “fed up” with the gruelling reality of their jihad in Syria.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-east/isis-recruits-cooking-and-cleaning-is-the-reality-facing-fighters/story-fnh81ifq-1227149856184

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-12-09

Sorry, I cannot read this propaganda. I'm sure all it takes is some leader to invoke the Quran and these "bored" kids will be blowing up some non-muslims whenever. i also remember troops were bored in the trenches during WW1. i pay little mind to that as well. german troops were bored in russia i read. also uboat commanders bored most of the time...ah, ok. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Sorry, I cannot read this propaganda. I'm sure all it takes is some leader to invoke the Quran and these "bored" kids will be blowing up some non-muslims whenever. i also remember troops were bored in the trenches during WW1. i pay little mind to that as well. german troops were bored in russia i read. also uboat commanders bored most of the time...ah, ok. coffee1.gif

If this is propaganda, it is ANTI-Isis propaganda....trying to make joining Isis undesirable. Would you rather be reading PRO-Isis propaganda? If so, you may be part of the wrong community.

• Like 2

Remember when I joined the British Army as a junior grunt. Had to do cleaning, fatigues, peeling spuds, area cleaning, ablutions cleaning and all that stuff - and it had to be done to an immaculate standard, none of this sloppy half hearted stuff. Ah, them were the days!!!

Good on you.

When I was army age, my army didn't want me and I didn't want them either.

No regrets.

• Like 1

Remember when I joined the British Army as a junior grunt. Had to do cleaning, fatigues, peeling spuds, area cleaning, ablutions cleaning and all that stuff - and it had to be done to an immaculate standard, none of this sloppy half hearted stuff. Ah, them were the days!!!

Those were the days when English people was supposed to express themselves by use of the English language. It is just possible that you were assigned the duties most suitable to your abilities.

If this is propaganda, it is ANTI-Isis propaganda....trying to make joining Isis undesirable. Would you rather be reading PRO-Isis propaganda? If so, you may be part of the wrong community.

I would like to read from both sides.

Would he have been happier if he got to cut some heads off aid workers? Or would the rape and murder of civilian 'infidels' (a term which apparently includes both non-believers and believers of a slightly different version of Islam) have satisfied him.

It is reported that 20 of the 90+ Oz muslims fighting for IS have been killed so far. Plenty of time yet. It was mentioned in the same report (ABC News, today) that recruits are used as "cannon fodder" and "human bombs", an option it seems the Indian hero was denied.

As any ex Army officer knows; any army has a "FMR" (Fighting Man Ratio) and when I was in the Royal Dutch Army (66-1), the FMR of the Dutch was 1 in 10, meaning that, in order to have 1 guy fighting at the front, he required 10 men as his support (ranging from Cooks, Medics, Admin., Command etc.) in order to be able to function properly. - The US army, at that time was running at 1 in 13, while the Israeli chaps were doing "their thing" at an FMR of 1 in 3 ! ! ! ! !

So; it should not come as a surprise that even a force such as ISIS (which is much better organized than the average Joe reckons !) would probably be working (I would hazard a guess) at a ratio of somewhere around 1 in 5.

coffee1.gif

Wonder what they expected, to be handed weapons and be able to shoot, hack to bits or otherwise kill and maim as many non Muslims as possible.

Or did they have ambitions to be the ones to be assigned to the rape details ?

Whatever, I suppose the promise of their virgins when the died may have helped.

• Like 1

Anyone who has lived in the MENA region knows how Indian and Pakistani muslims are viewed by arab muslims......As borderline slaves.

They are all the same men and women who join that group, SCUM, who wants to listen to their pathetic story, They are all the same terrorist, even if they only cleaned the shitter

• Like 1

Armies need grunts. Recruiting pitches are always packed with lies.

Guess they missed this one:

State Department releases graphic anti-ISIS videoThe brutal mock ISIS recruitment video starts with a simple phrase: Run. Do not walk to ISIS land.

Then a body is thrown off a cliff.

Later a mosque is blown up, followed by a photo of a body with a severed head.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/05/world/state-department-anti-isis-video/

(a segment of the video appears in the link, which may also be found on the internet under "Run Do Not Walk To ISIS Land" -

pretty gruesome footage).

And some commentary (relevant part starts at 2:40):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_WWPHbcqZc

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry, I cannot read this propaganda. I'm sure all it takes is some leader to invoke the Quran and these "bored" kids will be blowing up some non-muslims whenever. i also remember troops were bored in the trenches during WW1. i pay little mind to that as well. german troops were bored in russia i read. also uboat commanders bored most of the time...ah, ok. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

How about no propaganda?mmmmm.......How about not allowing media to do the thinking for us?.............

I would like to read from both sides.

If you want to hear the IS view go to the Caliphate. Please! The you can give us the 'heads up.'

Those were the days when English people was supposed to express themselves by use of the English language. It is just possible that you were assigned the duties most suitable to your abilities.

["English people was supposed..." and you presume to lecture a person on their grammar? The phrase "them were the days" is a common northern expression. There is a difference between bad grammar and using regional dialect./quote]

[/quoteFrom farangmick. Last bit was from me. I do not know what has gone wrong with my notebook. Edited by farangmick