Opening A Thai Bank Account Online

I'm with thohts, it's hard enough to open a bank account when you're stood in the bank (and to get internet banking is even more fun).

Forget trying to do it over the net.

Actually, I'm not aware of many countries that will allow you to open an account over the web although there are one or two (Virgin Islands being one)..

It is possible for a Thai who is not in Thailand to open a Thai bank account online?
Can’t Stacy Khantho, the copyright owner of the website to which your signature line links and author of the book being hawked on that site, give you this information? He claims to know everything about Thailand.

---------------

Maestro

It is possible for a Thai who is not in Thailand to open a Thai bank account online?
Can’t Stacy Khantho, the copyright owner of the website to which your signature line links and author of the book being hawked on that site, give you this information? He claims to know everything about Thailand.

---------------

Maestro

Having a bad day? Please point to where it says Stacy Khantho knows EVERYTHING about Thailand. A lot, maybe. Everything. No.

went to that website in the signature ... it tried to install an exe. file on my computer ..... bad news! as it makes yyou think you are downloding an acrobat file .....

It is a file that opens within Acrobat. It is generated by secure-ebook.com and allows one to read a sample and then purchase from within the sample. Therefore, it has to be a .exe file.

Edited by ChiangMaiThai

Point taken. And plenty of people have opened it and bought it thanks!
I think I’ve got it now: ChiangMaiThai is Stacy Khantho.

And thank you, Stacy, for having now removed that commercial link from your signature line.

---------------

Maestro

Having a bad day? Please point to where it says Stacy Khantho knows EVERYTHING about Thailand. A lot, maybe. Everything. No.
(You sound like a troll)

You’re right, Stacy. In the blurb about your book, you don’t use the word “everything”. You say: “After spending nearly a third of my life here, I consider myself a true insider.” That’s not the same thing as saying you know everything, I agree. What does a true insider know?

---------------

Maestro

for $14.95 you too can know ... :o
Just think how many beers you can buy for this kind of money :D

Aside from that, I am taking umbrage if people post under a false pretense, claiming to seek information but in fact advertising their wares.

---------------

Maestro

:o lighten up ... he's been spanked already ... removed the signature (which removes them from all posts) and has been a ,e,ber a couple of years longer than some people .... stuff happens ...

(though an .exe file from a guy that contributes most to the internet forum ...... )

(You sound like a troll)

You’re right, Stacy. In the blurb about your book, you don’t use the word “everything”. You say: “After spending nearly a third of my life here, I consider myself a true insider.” That’s not the same thing as saying you know everything, I agree. What does a true insider know?

---------------

Maestro

A true insider knows enough to write a 42 page educational ebook that provides good basic info for anyone considering spending any significant time in Thailand.

I didn't post to promote anything. I pay to advertise on this site and elsewhere. I had a real question and initially I got some helpful answers from happier individuals.

I hope I'm not as bitter and negative as you when I'm your age.

There are quite a few, actually, that can open an account for you by mail and phone.

None of which are in Thailand.

Can you point me in the direction of a list of banks that allow you to open an account by mail or online?

Try the offshore operations of Lloyds TSB, Barclay's International Personal Banking, Royal Bank of Scottland. I think also some of Standard Chartered's offshore locations. Some banks in HK will let you do it also, although you'll have to figure this out for yourself :o

You can open bank accounts online but they will not be fully operational until you have submitted proof of I.D. and proof of residence.

Usually, a notarized passport and a household utilities bill (not mobile phone bill).

There are a few Latvian banks that offer easy to open accounts on the internet... for a fee.

Forget opening a Thai Bank Account online.

Don't know about Thai banks but a lot of banks do it without a problem . Yes , sure off-shore banks do it , but many others do also . First you go to the site and you ask for the subscription and info sheets. They send it to you , you fill all the paperwork and normally they ask for 2 copies of your ID card or pasport ... depending on location etc ... Then you get confirmation and a code . After a couple of days you get another letter with more codes to get inside and do all the things ... ready ...

• 2 weeks later...