Friendly & Forgiving Map Tha Phut Immo

OP's positive experiences at Maptaput match my own there. Usually in and out with retirement extension in 30 minutes - and for the last 2 years they haven't even asked for any address evidence!

And they're usually pretty efficient in processing mailed-in 90-day reports. I mailed my latest one at the start of this month and received the confirmation slip back in the post exactly a week later, all the more creditable since this week included a public holiday.

What I particularly appreciate about them is that they generally play strictly by the rule book and don't invent any inconveniencing local rules, in stark contrast to other offices as reported extensively on here.

• Like 1

Since we moved from Najomtien to Ban Chang Rayong 4 years ago I use Maptaphut too and it's a very positive change from Pattaya.

Not the crowds of "quality tourists" in semi swimwear, here they are dealing almost entirely with people working here and some retirees. That results in a different atmosphere and a more professional way they service you.

My sons educational visa extension took about 20 minutes, re-entries can be as fast as 5 minutes!

• Like 1

What I particularly appreciate about them is that they generally play strictly by the rule book and don't invent any inconveniencing local rules, in stark contrast to other offices as reported extensively on here.

Normally I haven't had any problems there except one time I went in with visa questions regarding starting language school as I was finishing up at the university. I was given a hard time about why I want to learn Thai and why I didn't do it while I was studying at the university. After a few minutes she said they won't do any extensions for language school and that I should go to Pattaya.

Probably would have went smoother if my timing was better. It was actually the same day the new rules about ED extensions came out, so I don't think anyone really knew what to do.

There are many good immigration offices as long as you are away from the tourist areas and Bangkok. From my own experience:

Nakorn Sawan, always nice and the ladies solves problems without asking for any "extra" charges.

Mae Sod, main immigration is good but those working at the border checkpoint are a little bit nosy.

Phitsanulok, never ever any problem but the immigration officers are not really good at English.

Mukdahan, really helpful... I came 16:45 and still got an extension of stay, officially the close at 16:30 with no extra charges.

Immigration 1/Bangkok, long waiting, totally no empathy or helpfulness and I would say basically rude from time to time!

Interesting reports here but very limited. It surely would be wonderful if a Spreadsheet could be developed listing all offices and the various speeds, delays and attitudes at each. There is quite the knowledge pool here on TV and I have certainly seen polls developed on less important subjects. Just saying and wishing!smile.png

Interesting reports here but very limited. It surely would be wonderful if a Spreadsheet could be developed listing all offices and the various speeds, delays and attitudes at each. There is quite the knowledge pool here on TV and I have certainly seen polls developed on less important subjects. Just saying and wishing!smile.png

The ends would probably not justify the (not inconsiderable) means, I think. Individual immigration office performance is very much a movable feast and can go up and down pretty frequently depending on staffing changes in particular (which appear to be a regular occurrence at some offices). Probably just best to keep abreast of recent threads here - which, for example, are indicative of a recent deterioration in performance at the Chaengwattana office in Bangkok.

Moreover attitudes within individual offices can vary between individual officers. And it is not unknown for an individual officer to advise something one day but totally contradict their advice the following day (presumably on account of their having got out of bed that morning on a different side to the day before).biggrin.png

Edited by OJAS