PM extends New Year greetings to Thais

webfact

PM extends New Year greetings to Thais
By Digital Content

14194126836500-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 24 -- Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, Prime Minister and chief of the National Council for Peace and Order, extends his New Year wishes to the public while asserting that his government is working for the national interest and asking people not to create conflict during the ongoing one-year process of national reform.

The prime minister said that from 2015 to 2020 Thailand would develop its security and become the source of global food, and that the Thai people would be prosperous and would not enter into conflicts, living in harmony although having different stances.

As he will announce the achievements of his government tomorrow, reporters asked him what is its best achievement.

The prime minister said the answer should come from the people themselves because the government’s national solutions were people-centered and focused on order and economic development.

“There will not be any surprise tomorrow because what I have is my heart and life that I am ready to devote… Whatever I do and wherever I go, I always think of the Thai people and intend to give them dignity because other countries ask if there is peace in Thailand. It will be good if everyone is helpful,” the prime minister said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-12-24

I really don't know what to think. Pattaya is hurting. It's my hometown and I care about that. Already since the search for peace and order started last November. Commercially Pattaya seems to be in terminal decline. Today I visited Central Festival having heard that they are doing better than most. Wrong, most of the floors were devoid of all but a trickle of shoppers at Noon.

The inevitable conclusion for pattaya will be continuing failure of businesses and the ultimate economic collapse of our city.

The billions of Baht don't seem to be for Pats anymore.

• Like 1

How exactly does he know what direction Thailand will take after the perfectly free and fair elections that will of course take place in early 2016? Surely he has no idea who will win and what their policies will be...

• Like 1

I really don't know what to think. Pattaya is hurting. It's my hometown and I care about that. Already since the search for peace and order started last November. Commercially Pattaya seems to be in terminal decline. Today I visited Central Festival having heard that they are doing better than most. Wrong, most of the floors were devoid of all but a trickle of shoppers at Noon.

The inevitable conclusion for pattaya will be continuing failure of businesses and the ultimate economic collapse of our city.

The billions of Baht don't seem to be for Pats anymore.

Exactly, i visited Pattaya a week ago and it was like a graveyard , dead dead dead.... same for Koh Chang.

I am very interested in what this Gen. will say about his achievement , as I did not see any so far.

In this interview he talks about economics, well, economy goes down and deeper every day , and i dont talk about tourism.

And please lovers, spare us from Jet ski , taxi and beach stall scams solved, because all are exactly the same as before the coup.

• Like 1

How exactly does he know what direction Thailand will take after the perfectly free and fair elections that will of course take place in early 2016? Surely he has no idea who will win and what their policies will be...

Sure he knows, as HE will draft the new constitution and he will be able to decide about the future of Thailand and all people living in Thailand.

• Like 1

I may be off here, but is not the Thai calendar different from the Julian calendar (April and Song Kran and 2558 -vs- 2015)? And wouldn't that make this Western New Years wish to the Thais a bit premature? Apologies if I am off. If not, then why doesn't he wish his Thai people Merry Christmas as well?

He plans to stay the Great Leader till the next coup... Thats how he knows

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

how very nice of himcoffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24> , the few hundred thousand expats living here, the couple of million foreign workers (that keep thailand afloat) and the couple of million tourists can go f themsleves as always.

would it relally be so difficult to wish EVERYONE in thailand a happy new year .///// I guess so.............. alt=bah.gif>

This thought crossed my mind also.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

how very nice of himcoffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24> , the few hundred thousand expats living here, the couple of million foreign workers (that keep thailand afloat) and the couple of million tourists can go f themsleves as always.

would it relally be so difficult to wish EVERYONE in thailand a happy new year .///// I guess so.............. alt=bah.gif>

This thought crossed my mind also.

Perhaps the PM has read some of the choice comments on TVF regarding him and the junta. Why would he give a rat's about us ?

OR surely he does because any and all policies will be reviewed and approved by the NCPO or whatever rebranding it gives itself. Even the Junta-approved new constituton will no doubt allow the Junta to maintain absolute power over any elected government. The Junta has learned its lesson about allowing elected citizens to hijack junta imposed policies and laws.

Why does he always appear so dour in the press and sound so dour?

Every Thai politician appears to think they must appear dour and grim at all times - haven't you ever seen various election posters?

The only exception appears to be Chuwit (where is he now? Love that guy!)

Actually, Prayuth smiles in a lot of photos.

Gee thank's PM Prayut for the New Year wish to

all us expat's and farang's here in Thailand.

Oh... you didn't do that?

That was you farting?

Gosh thank's so much!

You guys vote? Or actually affect the country's future?

Oh right...

Are you thick?? Foreigners don't affect the countries future?..... nothing like investment, development, tourism, infrastructure contracts (China are farang as well) etc etc etc

See how the future of the country looked should they all cease to exist!

Not all expats here are penniless retirees living in the outback of Issan, many actually have high powered jobs in the major cities and have active involvement in areas affecting the future of the country.

Dont judge everyone by your own standards.

Of course he does...