Thai Interior Minister warns officials to stay away from trafficking

webfact

TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS REPORT
Interior Minister warns officials to stay away from trafficking

BANGKOK: -- Interior Minister Gen Anupong Phaojinda yesterday maintained that Thailand would remain at lowest ranking in the US Trafficking in Persons (Tip) report if government officials continued to be involved in trafficking.

Gen Anupong said that police and law enforcement agencies are required to clamp down on human trafficking activities because the TIP report can have serious repercussions on the local economy.

He was speaking at a meeting of Kamnans and district chiefs as well as local authorities to underline policies and follow up on actions against human trafficking.

Thailand was ranked the lowest at Tier 3 in the TIP report released this year, which means the Kingdom does little to nothing to protect people from being trafficked or in prosecuting traffickers. The report is the US government's key diplomatic tool to engage foreign governments on the issue of human trafficking and modernday slavery.

"If officials continue to be involved in human trafficking related activities, we will remain in Tier 3 despite the presence of good infrastructure and tools," the minister said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Interior-Minister-warns-officials-to-stay-away-fro-30250571.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-24

This Thai general is having to "warn" Thai government officials not to engage in human trafficking. Thai "officials" have to be warned, they don't know and don't care. This is a payday for trafficking those slaves and that's what Thais know.

• Like 2

The reason stated for the warning against trafficing: Can have consequenses for the economi !!!! Disgusting!! And as others already have pointed out;officials needs to be reminded of this?! Do not ask me why I stay in this country;i have my reasons.One of them is not that I admire the so called culture of egotismen and "me first".

• Like 1

You mean to tell me that the Interior Minister has to instructed officials to stay away from TIP, what sort of message or morals is this depicting of the Thai administration and management of affairs of state , this is akin to the PM of UK asking the Chancellor of the Exchequer to try and not fiddle the books, it appears that acceptance of this trafficking is recognized, me thinks Thailand sometimes is a Third world basket case., come to think of it, I know it is. bah.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"If officials continue to be involved in human trafficking related activities, we will remain in Tier 3 despite the presence of good infrastructure and tools," the minister said.

Never mind that it is immoral, inhumane, and an abomination, what is really important is that Thailand will be seen as a Tier 3 country! ! ! ! Well guess what, with thinking like that, Thailand will ALWAYS be a Tier 3 country with a Tier 3 heart and mind.

U could be right

Thai interior minster in a luncheon gathering...

Ok, listen here guys, until now trafficking in humans was ok, but from now on

please refrain from human's trafficking for the good of the nation...

Edited by metisdead

Thai interior minster in a luncheon gathering...

Ok, listen here guys, until now trafficking in humans was ok, but from now on

please refrain from human's trafficking for the good of the nation...

At least until promoted to tier 2 then it'll probably be business as usual.

He was speaking at a meeting of Kamnans and district chiefs as well as local authorities to underline policies and follow up on actions against human trafficking.

After his speech the Kamnans, district chiefs and local authorities looked at each other, nodded sagely and then shrugged their collective shoulders.

The reason stated for the warning against trafficing: Can have consequenses for the economi !!!! Disgusting!! And as others already have pointed out;officials needs to be reminded of this?! Do not ask me why I stay in this country;i have my reasons.One of them is not that I admire the so called culture of egotismen and "me first".

Not because of your spelling either.

Sounds a little harsh. Bosse is probably here on a ED Visawhistling.gif

Sounds a little harsh. Bosse is probably here on a ED Visawhistling.gif

retarius:That`s correct,I`m not here because of my spelling.Are you? Lupatria:No,I`m not here on a ED Visa.Wouldn`t have helped me with my English spelling anyway,would it? I am a bit flattered,that I am the object for your interest in this thred about human trafficing...Please let me know what I spell wrong;always open for learning!

Edited by Bosse137

Gen Anupong said that police and law enforcement agencies are required to clamp down on human trafficking activities because the TIP report can have serious repercussions on the local economy.

I interpret this to mean that only economic sanctions are enough to spur an attempt to clamp down on human trafficking activities because 'it is right thing to do' is just not enough incentive.

• Like 1

He should say:

Anyone caught on any level of TIP, you will be hanged and your family's assets seized. Any questions?

Anything other than something that strong will go nowhere. The officials he's addressing don't believe they are doing anything wrong or doubt they will ever get caught.

• Like 2

what about just obeying the laws

and maybe for the cops: enforciing laws

but that does not seem to be on their list of priorities, first comes, how to pay back the money i "invested" in my promotion, with some nice side activities a person in power is "entitled" to

After his speech the Kamnans, district chiefs and local authorities looked at each other, nodded sagely and then shrugged their collective shoulders.

And went to inspect the brand new delivery of trafficked Laotian girls...