Cobra Snake In Baby's Bed!

simon43

I mean how common are cobras, not baby beds...

Just came home this afternoon from the beach and saw a snake sliding into our baby's bed. When I tried to encourage it to leave the house with the broom, I realised that it was a cobra, and rather angry with me.

I would usually not harm snakes, but in this case I felt compelled to kill it, (otherwise the wife would have done the same...)

Does anyone know if cobra snakes are common in Phuket? I thought they were common in Issan, - so maybe my wife brought them with her:)

Simon

Sorry, simon, they are everywhere. We have had a cobra in the kitchen, the bathroom and right in front of the house. Not counting the cobras crossing the road, in the garden and swimming in the sea (think the dogs chased that one into the ocean tho).

If you live near a body of water that is a habitat for frogs and toads you will get more than if you live in a drier area.

Agree, its common. Was working at a resort at Rawaii beach, Phuket and every evening we basically had to jump over a snake pit to even get inside our home. These were also Cobras so yes they are quite common. :o

Yes the snakes are common just spent six months looking to buy a house, most were rejected by my Thai boss, not enough steps up into the house, live in Thalang now-- We have serious steps :D

• 3 weeks later...

Snakes really put off by some steps?

Snakes have no legs! Bingo!

I've seen some climb from the ground to the top of trees in a blink of an eye, doubt steps would be an issue. Found one on the 2nd floor of our house at the top of the stairs once.

Snakes really put off by some steps?

Snakes have no legs! Bingo!

I've seen some climb from the ground to the top of trees in a blink of an eye, doubt steps would be an issue. Found one on the 2nd floor of our house at the top of the stairs once.

Ah. but then maybe it came down from the roof :o