General Advise Re New Thai Girlfriend

THRG

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why pay sin sod? you need to buy a wife?

It is not like going to the mall

You should not have to pay anything for a wife

Once you start giving a Thai family money it is hard / impossible to turn of the tap

If the girl you met is a bar girl ... walk carefully

Once married things can and do change pretty quick

Before getting married have her visit your home country and see if she like it

Why pay sin sod? you need to buy a wife?

It is not like going to the mall

You should not have to pay anything for a wife

Once you start giving a Thai family money it is hard / impossible to turn of the tap

If the girl you met is a bar girl ... walk carefully

Once married things can and do change pretty quick

Before getting married have her visit your home country and see if she like it

I presume you are speaking from experience, but rest assured just because you had doesn't mean everyone will.

• 2 months later...

Just to update. I have just returned from spending a month in Thailand with my girlfriend. We booked a condo at the City Garden Pattaya. We also stayed for 4 days on Koh Chang island using Seahorse for the minibus transfer and staying at a lovely chalet in the Kacha resort. Booked a motorcycle from Koh Chang Choppers, shot an M4 assault rifle at Baanlookchang, and spent a day sea fishing.

All together we both had an amazing time, we still contact each other every day and I am really in love with this woman. I will do anything possible to try and build a relationship in the UK with her.

I visited KeyVisa in Pattaya and spoke to Darren who advised that we should start an application for a tourist visa for her to see England. He advised waiting six months from when we first met. So I am planning for her to visit in June, July and August.

As I have never applied for a visa before I would like to use a company for help. I have read reasonable reports about Key Visa and they only charge a deposit of 5000 baht and you don't pay any more until they have obtained the visa. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has heard of Key Visa and if they are any good? I have since emailed Darren twice for a little more advice since being back in the UK but he has not replied to my messages. I know he is busy at the moment though.

I have also heard of Easy Visa but the reviews don't seem as good for them. Are there any others with good reviews?

My plans are still the same after she has visited the UK I will return to Thailand and marry her. Then hopefully obtain a settlement visa.

This woman is perfect for me. We get along so well together and I will do anything for her.

Any advise on the tourist visa or a company to help get it would be welcomed.

I will keep you updated

Thanks

Just to update. I have just returned from spending a month in Thailand with my girlfriend. We booked a condo at the City Garden Pattaya. We also stayed for 4 days on Koh Chang island using Seahorse for the minibus transfer and staying at a lovely chalet in the Kacha resort. Booked a motorcycle from Koh Chang Choppers, shot an M4 assault rifle at Baanlookchang, and spent a day sea fishing.

All together we both had an amazing time, we still contact each other every day and I am really in love with this woman. I will do anything possible to try and build a relationship in the UK with her.

I visited KeyVisa in Pattaya and spoke to Darren who advised that we should start an application for a tourist visa for her to see England. He advised waiting six months from when we first met. So I am planning for her to visit in June, July and August.

As I have never applied for a visa before I would like to use a company for help. I have read reasonable reports about Key Visa and they only charge a deposit of 5000 baht and you don't pay any more until they have obtained the visa. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has heard of Key Visa and if they are any good? I have since emailed Darren twice for a little more advice since being back in the UK but he has not replied to my messages. I know he is busy at the moment though.

I have also heard of Easy Visa but the reviews don't seem as good for them. Are there any others with good reviews?

My plans are still the same after she has visited the UK I will return to Thailand and marry her. Then hopefully obtain a settlement visa.

This woman is perfect for me. We get along so well together and I will do anything for her.

Any advise on the tourist visa or a company to help get it would be welcomed.

I will keep you updated

Thanks

I am really in love ... so are the other 6 falangs

I am planning for her to visit in June, July and August..... she will be busy then, better come later.

only charge a deposit of 5000 baht .... good bye 5,000

but he has not replied .... see above answer

This woman is perfect for me .... how many times has that been said before

I will do anything for her .... ' does that include parting with hundreds of thousands of thai baht '

good luck ... your gonna need it !! cheesy.gif

Phone call to parents! They speak English or troll speaks Thai. Was with my mother in law last night, she said in English, sit down, I replied deleted, you know one phrase in English, but then I speak Thai!

Phone call to parents! They speak English or troll speaks Thai. Was with my mother in law last night, she said in English, sit down, I replied deleted, you know one phrase in English, but then I speak Thai!

I don't understand this. I don't speak any Thai and the parents don't speak English.

The only conversation so far was between my girlfriend, her parents and myself has been done while I was talking on Skype to my girlfriend while she talked on her mobile phone to her mum

Darren at Key Visa never replied to me so I have now spoken to Thai Visa Express. They have offices in both Pattaya and the UK. They are an OISC regulated advisor.

I have paid the deposit to them to start our application for the tourist visa and so far have been happy with the service.

I know staff from Thai Visa Express sometimes post on here. They have evidence of everything I have previously posted, details of her commission based work, evidence of her graduation at university last year and certificates to show qualifications in English language, computer repairs and website construction.

Forget the sin sod, 50.000 Bt and not returned???? Why on earth do you want to pay her family 200 GBP a month for life?? That is a fortune for someone from Issan.

I will bet you anything you like that her family are on at her all the time to marry you. Your GF finished university, so she is more than capable of helping out her parents financially.

My wife also finished university, and I have never supported her family at any time, and was never expected to, she has a sister and three brothers. Does your girlfriend have any brothers or sisters

who are working, and can help her support her parents?

Have a good think about this and weigh everything up before you become a walking ATM for her and her family.

Three years togeather before u even consider marriage. Then another year engaged. She works at a bar so chances of good relationship are one in ten.

I think your last sentence is way off the mark, most of the Farangs who live near me and I see regularly are married successfully to ex bargirls, about 50% of them have admitted to it, and of the other 50%, none of them have said how they met their wives, so it would be safe to say that at least 25% of them are married to ex bargirls.

Hang on a moment

The girl I am talking to every night on Skype and LINE has told me about a guy just like the OP?

It has to be the same girl,

Had sin sot paid at 16,

Went to university

Speaks perfect English, unlike the OP who is pretending to be a brit but is really an American

I'm sure its the same girl though

It has to be

What bar is she working in?

Hang on a moment

The girl I am talking to every night on Skype and LINE has told me about a guy just like the OP?

It has to be the same girl,

Had sin sot paid at 16,

Went to university

Speaks perfect English, unlike the OP who is pretending to be a brit but is really an American

I'm sure its the same girl though

It has to be

What bar is she working in?

This one's a shock for me .... that's exactly the same description as my new gf ..

We've only been together for a couple of months ... but it's her , i'm sure !!!

OMG this is not sounding too good ... I've gotta seriously think about this .... Same bar, same everything .

• 5 weeks later...

Well guys, My girlfriend has just been issued with her 6 month tourist visa. She will be coming to the UK for three months from 1st June.

I must say a big thank you to Paul and all his staff at thaivisa-express.com who have been excellent in every way.

I would highly recommend Thai Visa Express to anyone in a similar position to myself who is unsure of the visa process.

Will see how my girlfriend can manage with the UK food and weather.

• 1 month later...

I have heard this story millions of times. If only I had a dime for every good guy who meets a beautiful Thai lady and wants to marry her. Here is the thing my friend. Was it you who brought up the issue of money or her first. If she brought it up RED FLAG dude, find another beautiful one there are many. I new my Thai girl for 5 years before money was every brought up and I'm the one who offered it to the family. You know you have a good and honest one if money is not talked about. She committed to the relationship for you and not your money.

just shag and bag ... no need for all the dowry crap .. bang and crang, save yourself all the problem of life.

Just pump and dump every day like most in Pattaya. Don't get involved in any family ideas.

wai2.gif

Yep. You indeed go ahead and send show them no respect as people. They are dirt to you. You are a genuine macho man.

Don't offer anything until you get to see the whites of her family's eyes.

Or I call troll.

Thank you for your reply. On my next visit we are going to see her parents for a few days. She really does seem genuine. I get regular photographs and already have many photographs of her family.

I am looking forward to meeting them.

I just don't want to loose this woman or offend the culture

Judging from the misspelling, Australian troll not British.

Ok my friend, since it appears you are in love with this girl here are a few pointers. First find a friend who can mediate for you with the family over the payment. Never do this directly. Second if you do marry this girl never move close to the family. Remember my friend to they you will always be a Farang with money to help. I wish you the greatest luck. As they say " you never marry the girl in Thailand you marry the family". Check out www.paiboonpublishing.com. They have some great books on the way Thais think [emoji3]

Do not worry about doing something wrong when you meet the family. They know you are a Farang and will not expect you to understand the Thai ways however if you want to impress they learn a few Thai words. It will impress they you are trying to learn. Also stay way from political discussions. There is much going on in Thailand theses days and you should not try to be part of it [emoji3]