Where to stay Samui

CJK1

Hello all,

I'm looking for somewhere to stay on Samui other than Chaweang/Lamai.

I'm not a big beach person, my only real requirements are that there is a Muay Thai gym, some nightlife (5-10 beer bars at least) and a half decent hotel for around the 2000 a night mark.

Can anybody recommend anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

I think Fishermans Village is the nicest and most up-market area in Samui. Through April and May I stayed at The Lodge which is right on the beach in Walking Street. There are 50 restaurants and bars in its 400 metre length (no girly bars or massage parlours). I could lie on my bed and gaze out of my window at the ocean and Koh Phangan island and nothing stirred in the street until about 10AM. And the tastefully designed The Wharf shopping centre has just post-193989-0-21960300-1419993692_thumb.opened in Walking Street with 120 outlets. I think I paid 24,000 per month all included.

Cheong Mon is mid way between two gyms, Jungle gym and Yodyut. Low key, restaurants, bars, but no lady bars as far as I know, but I might be wrong. I'm sure you could find a cheap is room there, but bear in mind it is high season now.

No Lady bars for sure.

There is also a gym at Sala Samui - open to visitors.

Another thought - Bangrak.

Good gym on the Ghost Road. A few lady bars. Good restaurants and a good choice of hotels in that range.

I think Fishermans Village is the nicest and most up-market area in Samui. Through April and May I stayed at The Lodge which is right on the beach in Walking Street. There are 50 restaurants and bars in its 400 metre length (no girly bars or massage parlours). I could lie on my bed and gaze out of my window at the ocean and Koh Phangan island and nothing stirred in the street until about 10AM. And the tastefully designed The Wharf shopping centre has just attachicon.gif20140519_123402.jpgopened in Walking Street with 120 outlets. I think I paid 24,000 per month all included.

Hope you are not serious! Agree with the Lodge though.