Siam City Bank Atm Card

Any idea what the charges are to withdraw money overseas from a Siam City Bank account? What the limit is?

Or is there any easy way to send money from my Thai bank account to my US bank account (other than a swift transfer)?

Hey

If you want to use your ATM card in the USA to withdraw funds, you are going to get hit heavy on the USA side with fees.

Some USA ATM's charge both an out of network fee and an access fee, combined, could be as much as $ 5 per transaction, plus whatever charges you get from your Thai bank for the currency transfer/conversion fee.

Most banks just charge the out of netwotk fee, usually $ 2.50

Daily limits are set by your issuing bank, usually equiv. to approx. $ 500 per day with a total purchases per day limit of $ 1000.

If you haven't kept consistent good balances with your thai bank, you could find this may be reduced. Ask your branch.

Kind regards

Peter

It cost be 300 Baht to use my Thai Bank Account card overseas, and the usual 2.75% loss on exchange rates.

That is approx. U.S. $8 . So maybe because this is a flat charge, it is better to withdraw a large amount once, rather than three or four withdrawals.