Hi-Fi repair in CM

keo

I have a Marantz amp and B&W speakers that need repaired.

I remember reading on TV about a place in Kad Suan Kaew that did 2nd hand import hi-fi equipment and repairs. Is it still there?

Failing that - what's my best bet locally?

Thanks in advance.

The place in KSK does not do repairs. Even if they did I wouldn't let them touch my gear. They don't know much.

There was a guy who had a small repair shop in Computer Plaza who did both vacuum tube and solid state Hi Fi repairs, but I called him a few weeks ago and he told me that he has relocated to Bangkok.

I can't think of anyone else locally who does repairs except an elderly man who only repairs vacuum tube amps. He is very close to retirement by now.

I hope someone know a place, because I also have a Receiver that needs repair.

There must be a "back-street" repair shop somewhere in Chiang Mai.

There are probably a few "back street repair shops" around but would you want to leave your high-end amp at these places where they could fry your expensive transformers? Many of these places don't have much more than a Chinese made VOM on the bench.

Just a thought......there is a Hi Fi shop on the moat near the Samsung service center - actually it is in the row of shops in the parking area if you turn in just before the Samsung sign. The guy used to have American, British and Japanese vintage equipment in there. Maybe he would know of somewhere who can repair high end gear. I haven't been there in years so I'm not sure if it's even still there. My guess is you will have to send your gear to Bangkok.

I hope someone know a place, because I also have a Receiver that needs repair.

There must be a "back-street" repair shop somewhere in Chiang Mai.

There are probably a few "back street repair shops" around but would you want to leave your high-end amp at these places where they could fry your expensive transformers? Many of these places don't have much more than a Chinese made VOM on the bench.

Just a thought......there is a Hi Fi shop on the moat near the Samsung service center - actually it is in the row of shops in the parking area if you turn in just before the Samsung sign. The guy used to have American, British and Japanese vintage equipment in there. Maybe he would know of somewhere who can repair high end gear. I haven't been there in years so I'm not sure if it's even still there. My guess is you will have to send your gear to Bangkok.

OK; I know where the Samsung service center is, so I will check it out. Thank you.

Hmm, not looking too promising.

lj cm, let us know how you get on at the place near the Samsung service centre.

What about Amorn?

To be honest I think the technicians working there, although well-trained at the vocational schools around town, are really only taught in the areas of basic computer repairs, DVD players, fans, appliances and so forth. I doubt they have ever received any training on audio equipment and where to source parts for high-end gear. You wouldn't want cheap, Chinese capacitors put in your amps.

If you can search in Thai you will find many places in Bangkok that will point you in the direction of where to send your stuff.

Also you might try Mahajak Audio. They service brands like JBL, Crown, dbx, Sure, Soundcraft, Denon, Mark Levinson, etc. at their repair center in Bangkok. They moved about 18 months ago. I hear they are still there somewhere behind Big C Super Highway but I'm not sure exactly where they moved to. Mahajak Development Co., Ltd. 02 256 0020-9 should get you their C.M. location. http://www.mahajakaudio.com/en/home-audio/

Good luck.

Edited by elektrified

Hmm, not looking too promising.

lj cm, let us know how you get on at the place near the Samsung service centre.

What about Amorn?

My old broken Receiver is gone.

My wife throw it out.

That solved my problem!.