Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

Distasteful speculation from those with their own agendas. Why not just wait for the facts?

'Distasteful speculation' ... you are most certainly right about that.

Now, as to 'waiting for the facts', er... you may have noticed that facts have a tendency to be elusive around here, and that Koh Tao, in this respect, has a rather heavy record ?

Waiting for the facts, yes, absolutely, in contexts where facts do eventually arrive. In this part of the world, however, wild speculation is somewhat inevitable, wouldn't you say ?

Agreed entirely. My own opinion on this is that it may well be an accidental overdose. However because this happened on KT and with the high profile attention its receiving regards the recent murders then speculation is inevitable.

I will wait for the autopsy, but will even then still keep an open mind until the inquest which I assume there will be one held in the UK? If so then thats when I will be far more confident in the actual reason for death. The RTP would love everybody to keep quiet and not utter a word when these sorts of deaths happen. I am grateful there is free speech (to an extent) and people can speculate, ask questions and be critical if they see what they think to be contradictions or suspicions that should be investigated.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

greenchair, on 23 Jan 2015 - 13:07, said:greenchair, on 23 Jan 2015 - 13:07, said:greenchair, on 23 Jan 2015 - 13:07, said:

You don't know that pennywrite.

There were 3 bottles in her room not empty. She has not been examined. Nobody knows what she died from. She could have had a brain anurysm or she may have been suffocated. Why was she not dressed. Why was the worker in her room so early. Why was the cause of death determined before she has been examined. People who say she overdosed, just need to pull in their horns, for a day or 2.???

Why was she not dressed

What's so unusual about sleeping naked, especially in a tropical climate? Many people do it. Who knows why? Maybe the AC* didn't work and she was too hot.

*if that sounds like a Freudian slip, it isn't. I mean the air-conditioning of course smile.png

Edited by IslandLover

1 poster is taking a brief holiday to read the forum rules again. I have asked nicely to avoid flaming already today. Please respect the forum rules or have a nice busy day lined up off ThaiVisa before you choose to insult another poster.

PaPiPuPePo, on 24 Jan 2015 - 02:20, said:
IslandLover, on 24 Jan 2015 - 01:10, said:
penwithcris, on 23 Jan 2015 - 12:56, said:penwithcris, on 23 Jan 2015 - 12:56, said:penwithcris, on 23 Jan 2015 - 12:56, said:

Looks as though the demon drink has claimed yet another victim

Alcohol is usually the common denominator in most deaths in Thailand

Why is it that people cannot enjoy themselves without getting blotto

I know I sound like a boring old fart but I've enjoyed an amazing time in Thailand over the years but only drink in moderation

Maybe a mix of alcohol, antibiotics and, possibly, drugs proved too much for even this young girl's body to cope with

Watched the first episode of 'Bangkok Airport' on TV - yet again highlighting a British obsession with getting wasted

All very embarrassing

Couldn't agree more. And especially about that programme on the BBC - seriously embarrassing . I'm very sorry this young lady has died but after reading through all her tweets, I get the feeling that reckless behaviour might have played a part in her demise.sad.png

Yes, staying where she did while under the influence might well qualify as reckless behaviour.

True smile.png

Being fair, nobody is saying that this girl died of a chest infection - nobody knows yet how/why she died.

All the police are saying is that it was not murder. (This in spite of the fact that there had been no examination/autopsy!) So how do they know it was not murder? Maybe they should have said "At this stage, it does not look like murder"? At the risk of AleG, JTJ or JDinT labelling me a "conspiracy theorist" (Oh no, not those dreaded words again!) it could be natural causes (heart attack etc) accidental overdose, or she could have been given a Mickey Finn - at this stage nobody knows, yet once again the Koh Tao/RTP apologists are in self denial that there could be anything amiss.

greenchair, on 23 Jan 2015 - 13:07, said:greenchair, on 23 Jan 2015 - 13:07, said:greenchair, on 23 Jan 2015 - 13:07, said:

You don't know that pennywrite.

There were 3 bottles in her room not empty. She has not been examined. Nobody knows what she died from. She could have had a brain anurysm or she may have been suffocated. Why was she not dressed. Why was the worker in her room so early. Why was the cause of death determined before she has been examined. People who say she overdosed, just need to pull in their horns, for a day or 2.???

Why was she not dressed

What's so unusual about sleeping naked, especially in a tropical climate? Many people do it. Who knows why? Maybe the AC* didn't work and she was too hot.

*if that sounds like a Freudian slip, it isn't. I mean the air-conditioning of course smile.png

Not supposed to laugh but---

Brilliant ?

A guy posted on her face book.

That not 15 minutes after she was taken out another guest was in. The poster says the behaviour of the owner was not good. If there was foul play it was cleared up fast.

Her body apparently was not refrigeratored. At the Temple where nomsod is, I hear.

Just on the fakebook page that is not a credible information source despite the fact that it reports news 24 hoursd or more before TVF there is a post from someone who claims to have been there when the young lady was removed from her room.

States the room was then re-occupied within 10 minutes.

Find this hard to believe and cannot trace the supposed fb page of the poster, maybe wants to remain unknown!

So, it appears that the young lady may well have died from medicines and alcohol, which is not natural causes and the room would then be a sealed off crime scene until the death had been further investigated. ( Naturally, this is civilised world scenario, not normal RTP procedure, certainly not for the death island magnificent 7)

So, if this was the case, why was the person of influence who owns the guest house allowed to re let the room??

Did I just answer my own question?

Just on the fakebook page that is not a credible information source despite the fact that it reports news 24 hoursd or more before TVF there is a post from someone who claims to have been there when the young lady was removed from her room.

Find this hard to believe and cannot trace the supposed fb page of the poster, maybe wants to remain unknown!

So, it appears that the young lady may well have died from medicines and alcohol, which is not natural causes and the room would then be a sealed off crime scene until the death had been further investigated. ( Naturally, this is civilised world scenario, not normal RTP procedure, certainly not for the death island magnificent 7)

So, if this was the case, why was the person of influence who owns the guest house allowed to re let the room??

Yes just saw that.

If its true it shows what we already know, the investigation of any potential crime and even death in Koh Tao is a farce, carried out irresponsibly and with no regard for the truth. Past behaviour is a very good indicator of future behaviour, the RTP in Koh Tao look to be carrying on as they normally do

By the way, I found the original posters facebook page, she is a German girl, looks like she traveling Asia according to one of the groups shes in. Screenshot of post below

post-223227-0-16777000-1422098143_thumb.

Edited by thailandchilli

Come on, let the conspiracy games start.

Anyone cared to read some news that may not be so favoring for a murder conspiracy?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

Christina 'had felt unwell'

It appears from her Twitter feed, that tragic Christina had been feeling unwell in the days before her death.

She wrote in one post: "Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. <deleted> everything."

On Saturday she remarked how "two weeks of solid drinking" had left her feeling unwell.

Thanks for this eye opener for the TVF keyboard warriors. It looks more than a suicide considering the facts. But I'm not trying to make any assumptions.

Sorry for going off-topic, but what kind of antibiotics (and how many) cost £60, especially in Thailand??? [Even if she's including the other meds in that sum, that's a hefty bill]

Yes just saw that.

If its true it shows what we already know, the investigation of any potential crime and even death in Koh Tao is a farce, carried out irresponsibly and with no regard for the truth. Past behaviour is a very good indicator of future behaviour, the RTP in Koh Tao look to be carrying on as they normally do

By the way, I found the original posters facebook page, she is a German girl, looks like she traveling Asia according to one of the groups shes in. Screenshot of post below

Isn't there a link to the German girl fb page. ?

Yes just saw that.

Yes but I dont think its fair for her to put it on here, pm me and I'll give it to you

Yes just saw that.

https://www.facebook.com/arta.ad.1?fref=ufi&pnref=story

Facebook is in the public domain and more importantly she made a public post, not a private post, in the post she said "I think the world should know"

That's right. And thanks for that. because she is one of the few people who is being honest about this. People need to know the truth.

Yes just saw that.

https://www.facebook.com/arta.ad.1?fref=ufi&pnref=story

Strange that there is no post on that FB page after 9 January. Probably hacked and removed by Mon, not?

Anthony5 #654 Strange that there is no post on that FB page after 9 January. Probably hacked and removed by Mon, not?

Whys that strange?

Hacked by Mon or not? Well if you dream up things like that then better you keep your dreams to yourself eh

I go to the link provide by stealthenergiser and what I can see is this.

post-222439-0-90488100-1422106883_thumb.

Maybe you want to be so kind to post a screenshot with the post?

Anthony5 #654 Strange that there is no post on that FB page after 9 January. Probably hacked and removed by Mon, not?

Whys that strange?

Hacked by Mon or not? Well if you dream up things like that then better you keep your dreams to yourself eh

attachicon.giffacebook2.JPG

You obviously no little about facebook correct?

She did not make that post on her page, she made it on Christina's page Jesus. Now go to Christina's facebook if you want to find it

Edited by thailandchilli

Whys that strange?

She did not make that post on her page, she made it on Christina's page Jesus. Now go to Christina's facebook if you want to find it

Now then please explain what use it is to post the link to the German lady FB page. Last I read in this thread yesterday is that Christina's FB page has been removed, but as I'm pretty ignorant about everything FB, I hope you want to forward me a link to the page.

Whys that strange?

Now then please explain what use it is to post the link to the German lady FB page. Last I read in this thread yesterday is that Christina's FB page has been removed, but as I'm pretty ignorant about everything FB, I hope you want to forward me a link to the page.

information like that can be very handy if a family member has concerns and Facebook owner said she wanted the world to know .

Whys that strange?

Ok so here goes:

The link to the German girl was provided so skeptics could see who made the post. I would imagine the reason she posted it to Christina's facebook page was to alert her family and friends. I dont know if Christina facebook page is still live or not??

I find it telling that as soon as something comes up that may discredit in anyway the RTP investigation to this then the usual posters come along to try derail it, very strange

Edited by thailandchilli

Come on, let the conspiracy games start.

Anyone cared to read some news that may not be so favoring for a murder conspiracy?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

Christina 'had felt unwell'

It appears from her Twitter feed, that tragic Christina had been feeling unwell in the days before her death.

She wrote in one post: "Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. <deleted> everything."

On Saturday she remarked how "two weeks of solid drinking" had left her feeling unwell.

Thanks for this eye opener for the TVF keyboard warriors. It looks more than a suicide considering the facts. But I'm not trying to make any assumptions.

Sorry for going off-topic, but what kind of antibiotics (and how many) cost £60, especially in Thailand??? [Even if she's including the other meds in that sum, that's a hefty bill]

Some imported meds here are very expensive. Nexium (Esomeprazole - an anti reflux tablet) can cost more than 100 baht each, so if you have to take 2 tablets a day, a week's supply can cost you nearly 30 British pounds.

To be fair, it is looking more and more like a tragic accident.

That being said it does not excuse the manner ion which the death was attempted to be kept as quiet as possible, nor the way the RTP and the person of influence owner dealt with the situation.

Neither does it give any credibility to the RTP apologists and trolls who try to derail every criticism of the authorities. Obviously they have had their attitude adjustment course and passed with flying colours. Happiness personified no doubt.

Ok so here goes:

The link to the German girl was provided so skeptics could see who made the post. I would imagine the reason she posted it to Christina's facebook page was to alert her family and friends. I dont know if Christina facebook page is still live or not??

I find it telling that as soon as something comes up that may discredit in anyway the RTP investigation to this then the usual posters come along to try derail it, very strange

So I take it that if I post on Christina's FB page that I was in the same hotel and we shared the bucket of Tramadol and whatever she took with it, I will be considered credible?

Ok so here goes:

So I take it that if I post on Christina's FB page that I was in the same hotel and we shared the bucket of Tramadol and whatever she took with it, I will be considered credible?

Who said since this was posted that it was credible?? But who in their right mind would not want to investigate it to see if it was credible?? Oh wait let me guess who.....................

Edited by thailandchilli

Ok so here goes:

You say the most banal, bizzare, ridiculous and moronic things, attempting to hide behind pseudo intellectualism.

Flash: It is not working, no one is impressed.

To be fair, it is looking more and more like a tragic accident.

That being said it does not excuse the manner ion which the death was attempted to be kept as quiet as possible, nor the way the RTP and the person of influence owner dealt with the situation.

Neither does it give any credibility to the RTP apologists and trolls who try to derail every criticism of the authorities. Obviously they have had their attitude adjustment course and passed with flying colours. Happiness personified no doubt.

Paraphrasing: you have no credibility because you were probably right.

Brilliant :rolleyes:

Whys that strange?

Ok so here goes:

Are there any Germans on here who can ask her what the owner was bullshitting about