Chinese pedestrians

LarryBird

Yep, you nailed it too. The Chinese are different.... AND they're all the same. wink.png

I respect diversity of opinions, but...

Honestly, a dog seems to have more sense. coffee1.gif

Compared to China, US has only 350M people and thankfully theyre not all like you nor the OP.

Unfortunately too many are...

I was being sarcastic coffee1.gif

Fortunately, OP knows that clap2.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, you nailed it too. The Chinese are different.... AND they're all the same. wink.png

Compared to China, US has only 350M people and thankfully theyre not all like you nor the OP.

Handsome, well educated, funny, good at speaking Thai, tons of attention from women, athletic, modest... Ya, it's a real burden...

I think you missed giibaht's point. I won't be too harsh on you about that, though. Interesting your penchant for stereotyping Americans. I really love those Euro's I meet that despise us. I wonder what the fascination is, why are some people inclined for such animosity towards the World's superpower. Speaking of the Chinese..... Maybe it would be better if they were the world police?

I will be back later, I gotta go have lunch with my children's Chinese grandmother.

I like cats, but being a cat person makes you a bit weird. Btw, there's a pet show at Airport Plaza today, you might find the high end cat food you're looking for.

Oh yes, because it's so easy to dismiss veiled racism as being sarcastic...how clever.

Oh yes, because it's so easy to dismiss veiled racism as being sarcastic...how clever.

Nemrut, he's on the same team as you. He was claiming my comparison of dogs to Chinese was harsh.

Btw, I am not sure how you think it is your place to stifle a discussion by crying racism, but in case you haven't noticed, no one agrees with you.

I am wondering if you've ever heard of the 'Ghost Cities' in China. I would like for you to point out where else in the world this phenomenon can be observed. Could you answer me that if people who are conditioned to a society that has this, and other completely different day to day occurrences, might have a different perspective and view of the world?

Handsome, well educated, funny, good at speaking Thai, tons of attention from women, athletic, modest... Ya, it's a real burden...

I think you missed giibaht's point. I won't be too harsh on you about that, though. Interesting your penchant for stereotyping Americans. I really love those Euro's I meet that despise us. I wonder what the fascination is, why are some people inclined for such animosity towards the World's superpower. Speaking of the Chinese..... Maybe it would be better if they were the world police?

I will be back later, I gotta go have lunch with my children's Chinese grandmother.

I like cats, but being a cat person makes you a bit weird. Btw, there's a pet show at Airport Plaza today, you might find the high end cat food you're looking for.

Please share more about how perfect your life is and your enlightened world views.

Blaming others for stereotyping yet failing to see it in yourself...what do you think cat owners are weird?

Nemrut, he's on the same team as you. He was claiming my comparison of dogs to Chinese was harsh.

Btw, I am not sure how you think it is your place to stifle a discussion by crying racism, but in case you haven't noticed, no one agrees with you.

I am wondering if you've ever heard of the 'Ghost Cities' in China. I would like for you to point out where else in the world this phenomenon can be observed. Could you answer me that if people who are conditioned to a society that has this, and other completely different day to day occurrences, might have a different perspective and view of the world?

Really which team is that? You want to make racists comments expect to be called out on it.

Ghost cities easy enough to research while learning more about the Chinese economy. It will also answr how a communist dictatorship with almost 1.5B people literally transformed into capitalist economy overnight. Where else in the world has that happened? Do you understand how simple minded your questions sound?

Really which team is that? You want to make racists comments expect to be called out on it.

Ghost cities easy enough to research while learning more about the Chinese economy. It will also answr how a communist dictatorship with almost 1.5B people literally transformed into capitalist economy overnight. Where else in the world has that happened? Do you understand how simple minded your questions sound?

I almost mowed a couple down taking a right off of Nimman. We're all the same, though.

Go call someone names that will care.

I saw a group walking three abreast down Nimmanhaemin last night nearly clipped by Bikes and Lorries. I hope nobody gets hurt.

Then I caught up with them. Guess what they were Thais. Probably tourists from BKK.

Despite the reputation for bargaining the Chinese are paying too much for transportation and Songthaew drivers are getting greedy. I just had a gent demand 200 baht to go 3km. I told him one person not 10 and walked away.

Edited by arunsakda

The OP and those responding in kind are good reminder why Thais often refer to white visitors/residents as Farang. Why? Because time and again Farang prove themselves to be arrogant know-it-alls looking down on others while displaying ignorance/disrespect for the people of their host country not to mention other Asian cultures.

I thought it was only Thais who behaved like this, good to see we aren't alone.

The OP and those responding in kind are good reminder why Thais often refer to white visitors/residents as Farang. Why? Because time and again Farang prove themselves to be arrogant know-it-alls looking down on others while displaying ignorance/disrespect for the people of their host country not to mention other Asian cultures.

You really shouldn't respond if you don't live here and have little knowledge of Thailand.

The Royal Institute Dictionary 1999 the official dictionary of Thai words, defines the word as 'a person of white race'

Unless of course they're calling us guavas or potatoes. wink.png

To define a person or culture by the color of his or her skin o's mate is racist.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where did I say it wasn't? blink.png

I was responding to this:

The OP and those responding in kind are good reminder why Thais often refer to white visitors/residents as Farang.

Edited by uptheos

What is a Farang?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang

It seems that we have encountered yet another disrespectful pompous know it all, who is incapable of practicing self analyses.biggrin.png

That is the obvious definition along with other meanings Thais attribute to the term.

Haole is a similar term used by many native Hawaiians to allude to other meanings beside the official definition.

yep if it come to a debate in the 1960's Europeans and north Americans would have come up with the same argument when using the word ni---r or c--n, in this day and age its unacceptable for anyone to define any group or person by the color of their skin, The Thais can put it in their dictionary all they want don't make it right. And you don't have to live in a culture to be able comment on or see something that's unacceptable, sometimes you can get a clearer and take a more realistic view when not in it. .

This thread has turned into a huge pissing contest! Enough, already!

Hang on! They also eat anything not made of metal!

Ok, now that everything true and eveything not true has been published, now the topic can be closed.

I see where many of the people in Hong Kong are having problems with main land China tourists. They don't want them they are to offensive.

Since when does calling a spade a spade make one raciest.

Honey, the original poster compared Chinese with dogs. Not spades.

Now let's all wonder why that might be racist.

Other gems we got to enjoy on our favorite forum on the topic of fellow Chinese visitors (just over the last couple days in the Chiang Mai forum):

"I just plainly dislike Chinese for their rough behavior , annoying language and noisy appearance, their disgusting bathroom manners"

"Why not just run them over, no big deal."

"Wai-ing is history; spitting and yelling is the future."

"chinese spread like a plague all over the world. Some time is good but most of the time it is bad. It was good for me because i sold my condo in vancouver at substantial profitcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3-"

"Chinese need more farmland to grow (aquire) more rice to feed the nation: therefore Chinese men + Thai lady = land to grow rice. new rules, you will be colonized and your country like your women will be raped."

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I see where many of the people in Hong Kong are having problems with main land China tourists. They don't want them they are to offensive.

Since when does calling a spade a spade make one raciest.

Honey, the original poster compared Chinese with dogs. Not spades.

Now let's all wonder why that might be racist.

Other gems we got to enjoy on our favorite forum on the topic of fellow Chinese visitors (just over the last couple days in the Chiang Mai forum):

"I just plainly dislike Chinese for their rough behavior , annoying language and noisy appearance, their disgusting bathroom manners"

"Why not just run them over, no big deal."

"Wai-ing is history; spitting and yelling is the future."

"chinese spread like a plague all over the world. Some time is good but most of the time it is bad. It was good for me because i sold my condo in vancouver at substantial profitcheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3-"

"Chinese need more farmland to grow (aquire) more rice to feed the nation: therefore Chinese men + Thai lady = land to grow rice. new rules, you will be colonized and your country like your women will be raped."

Sometimes the truth is a very bitter pill........ but by putting heaps of sugar on it, neither does or does not make it racist.....only to those who want to make it appear racist. Think about it a while

I saw a group walking three abreast down Nimmanhaemin last night nearly clipped by Bikes and Lorries. I hope nobody gets hurt.

Then I caught up with them. Guess what they were Thais. Probably tourists from BKK.

Despite the reputation for bargaining the Chinese are paying too much for transportation and Songthaew drivers are getting greedy. I just had a gent demand 200 baht to go 3km. I told him one person not 10 and walked away.

Nimman is a worse than Moon Mueang for catching a legitimate songtaew. I can go from CMU/Suthep to Tha Phae all day for 20 THB. At 18:00, it's 150 to go from Nimman to CMU. Also walk-able in less than 20 minutes.

Ok, now that everything true and eveything not true has been published, now the topic can be closed.

Would be a good idea to round up all the soi dogs, open a restaurant, invite the Chinese to an All you Can Eat buffet and they can devour as many dogs as they can for 100bt. Thus contributing to the the local economy, and getting rid of them f...ing dogs! Edited by roo860

I was reading a post on the Chiang Mai page of a Chinese travel forum. i was shocked by some of the comments. These guys are racist. From Google translate:

"Did you see all those fat old white men wearing dirty vests and drinking beer all day?"

"Yes, I saw them all over the city. Many of them had prostitutes as girlfriends"

"That's funny. Nobody in China would ever allow themselves to lose so much face. What must their families think?"

"lol, only toilet cleaners dress like that here 555"

"555"

Would be a good idea to round up all the soi dogs, open a restaurant, invite the Chinese to an All you Can Eat buffet and they can devour as many dogs as they can for 100bt. Thus contributing to the the local economy, and getting rid of them f...ing dogs!
and there was me thinking those shit cheap 'pork' all u can eat buffets in chang mai were doing that.!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Alert! Nude nubile Chinese women are swimming in the moat!

All is forgiven!

smile.png

Yeah ....that's the good news....... but the bad news is that they are all over 65 years of age. ????

P S .... and the water level in he moat is up by almost a meter>>>> close to flooding at Thapae

Edited by Gonzo the Face