Thai editorial: Good Muslims, bad Muslims and the lies the govt tells you

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You would think by reading this article that the only problem people have had with Muslims is the southern insurgency.

Not that that isn't enough to cause concern.

The actions and words of the radicals are negatively swaying the thoughts of many non-muslims.

How sad. IMHO the mainstream Muslim people, worldwide (who are decent, fair and pleasant people) urgently

need to decry the radical members of their faith.

I'm listening.......hear nothing. Infact the whole civilized World is waiting and waiting and waiting.... Must mean they support it.
Then you mustn't be listening very well. Centres of Islamic learning, religious scholars, community and national leaders have all condemned terror in the name of god.

http://www.romereports.com/pg157779-world-s-top-muslim-leaders-condemn-attacks-on-iraqi-christians-en

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6429710

I hear no condemnation coming from Muslim mouths.....only people such as yourself defending this Cult.

• Like 1

It's not the Thai state's fault, but the Muslims themselves. The writer is a classic Muslim apologist. He probably went to uni in UK.

yep......I'd have to agree. Seems the UK and all of Europe are full of defenders of this Cult.

• Like 2

Just keep in mind that not all Muslim are like the crazy IS that declares war on other religions

Means nothing

Not all Germans or Japanese are crazy like the ones that declare war on other nations but there was enough that clause 100 million to die

We have to worry about only about the crazy ones

Yes is mean nothing cause we can't change a person mind but does that mean we need to condemn the whole religion due to the work of a minority. The German and Japanese declare war on nation and IS declare war on religion but in the end is for same reason POWER(and because of power any killing is justify to the person) but different ways of saying.

• Like 1

<snip>

It has a particular appeal to the poor and uneducated, and strives to maintain this through not educating the women and allowing the men to treat their women as chattels.

The OP is specific to Thailand, why keep repeating mantras that apply to some Islamic countries, but not Thailand.

Whilst there may be pockets of repression, try telling the story of no education and being a chattel to the average Thai Muslim women & see the reaction.

• Like 2

First a little tiny mosque....next they'll demand that sharia law be implemented.

Not sure about that, there has been a thriving community on Petchaburi road in Bangkok for a long time, some of the most community spirited and patriotic Thais I have met.

Quite a few of the officers I work with are Muslims , awesome. Leader of the last coup? Muslim.

Contrary to what bigots spout.. He led the coup but did Thailand get sharia law? No.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonthi_Boonyaratglin

• Like 1

It's not the Thai state's fault, but the Muslims themselves. The writer is a classic Muslim apologist. He probably went to uni in UK.

yep......I'd have to agree. Seems the UK and all of Europe are full of defenders of this Cult.

Islam is a religion, not a cult. Please do a bit of actual research and try to learn more.

• Like 1

The world was kind to them in the past decade, to allow them pray, and practice religion. At the moment no one want to take a chance.

Like in my earlier posts, will Middle East allow others to build Church or Temple. We have to come up 1 Church/Temple in Middle East = 1 Mosque in rest of the world.

If they don't accept other religion, why us ?

just look at how thailand is bigot with farangs

we cannot buy land, buy a house in our name, citizenship , make it difficult to impossible to stay in case of divorce, not easy to work or you need to pay 4 useless thai ..

and in the meantime, any thai with money, can have all liberties in our home countries, especially if married to a local ...

Maybe there are some differences between Thai and Farangs economic systems which you were not aware of, because you always considered Farang economy to be the highest of high.

Freedom to take away other peoples' land, women, everything which is theirs - for pieces of paper with a scam promise printed on them?

A banknote only promises you can get another banknote for it.

Since the 70ies you were never promised any substantial value behind your money.

Your fault if you don't understand what you read on every $ note.

This is a nice article. I live together with Muslim all my live and I can say I have more Muslim friends then any other religion and I know a lot of Muslim from the south of Thailand. Just keep in mind that not all Muslim are like the crazy IS that declares war on other religions. The leader of IS is just a minority of people that misused the Islam for their own crazy benefit. If we really understand the Muslim bible/Quran, there is no teachings that teach Muslim to kill or behead people or to force anyone to believe in Islam. Even a lot of Muslim is getting angry about what the minority is doing on the name of Islam. What is happening in Nan(by the Buddhist) is just the same of what is happening in the deep south. If the government cannot settle a small situation in Nan, then IMO the government will not be able to settle the problem in the deep south. For me any people/religion that declare war/killing is only for their own benefits and have nothing to do with the real teachings of their religion. BTW I am not a muslim, I am a Buddhist.

there is no teachings that teach Muslim to kill or behead people or to force anyone to believe in Islam

Yes there is!

• Like 1

First a little tiny mosque....next they'll demand that sharia law be implemented.

Not sure about that, there has been a thriving community on Petchaburi road in Bangkok for a long time, some of the most community spirited and patriotic Thais I have met.

Quite a few of the officers I work with are Muslims , awesome. Leader of the last coup? Muslim.

Contrary to what bigots spout.. He led the coup but did Thailand get sharia law? No.

Where do you get that the leader of the last coup is Muslim from? He is Theravada Buddhist. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

This is a nice article. I live together with Muslim all my live and I can say I have more Muslim friends then any other religion and I know a lot of Muslim from the south of Thailand. Just keep in mind that not all Muslim are like the crazy IS that declares war on other religions. The leader of IS is just a minority of people that misused the Islam for their own crazy benefit. If we really understand the Muslim bible/Quran, there is no teachings that teach Muslim to kill or behead people or to force anyone to believe in Islam. Even a lot of Muslim is getting angry about what the minority is doing on the name of Islam. What is happening in Nan(by the Buddhist) is just the same of what is happening in the deep south. If the government cannot settle a small situation in Nan, then IMO the government will not be able to settle the problem in the deep south. For me any people/religion that declare war/killing is only for their own benefits and have nothing to do with the real teachings of their religion. BTW I am not a muslim, I am a Buddhist.

there is no teachings that teach Muslim to kill or behead people or to force anyone to believe in Islam

Yes there is!

If yes..please show proofs..

• Like 1

Just keep in mind that not all Muslim are like the crazy IS that declares war on other religions

Means nothing

Not all Germans or Japanese are crazy like the ones that declare war on other nations but there was enough that clause 100 million to die

We have to worry about only about the crazy ones

Are we going into Godwin's Law already ?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

• Like 1

Yes there is!

You made the statement. Go read the Koran and prove it is not true. The simple crime of apostasy is punished by death.

Yes there is!

You made the statement. Go read the Koran and prove it is not true. The simple crime of apostasy is punished by death.
Actually it doesn't say that.

Some Islamic scholars interpret the word of the Koran to say you should, others say it does not.

As with many religious texts the meaning taken by zealots and what was actually written are not the same thing.

Would be a lot easier if the people who made up the word of god (Muslim/Christian/Jewish) had just said:

"Hey guys don't do bad stuff and be nice to each other"

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The world was kind to them in the past decade, to allow them pray, and practice religion. At the moment no one want to take a chance.

Like in my earlier posts, will Middle East allow others to build Church or Temple. We have to come up 1 Church/Temple in Middle East = 1 Mosque in rest of the world.

There are churches in the Middle East. Which you would know if you'd ever been there.

Thanks for pointing it out. I just went through the following website...

http://www.mecc.org/content/member-churches

I hope religious tolerance and freedom will be prevailed around the world!

• Like 1

There are churches in the Middle East. Which you would know if you'd ever been there.

Thanks for pointing it out. I just went through the following website...

http://www.mecc.org/content/member-churches

I hope religious tolerance and freedom will be prevailed around the world!

With you 100% there.

Yes there is!

In the Quran the meaning is that if an originally Muslim/Islam abandon their own religion and joint other religion then the person is punish by death not that the Quran mean to punish other religion by death. In the word of prophet Muhammad all free soul have the right to what they believe and all Muslim must respect the choice. I am from a country that to know the Quran is a must.

...to make a long story short: only a dead muslim is a good muslim....? Or what?

best time of my life was dropping 500 pounders and strafing them with my 20mm....never saw the good ones left in my wake, only heard the feedback from the grunts.

Edited by Thaiready

Yes there is!

In the Quran the meaning is that if an originally Muslim/Islam abandon their own religion and joint other religion then the person is punish by death not that the Quran mean to punish other religion by death. In the word of prophet Muhammad all free soul have the right to what they believe and all Muslim must respect the choice. I am from a country that to know the Quran is a must.

Muhammad became worm bait. .......Jesus asended into Heaven.

Where do you get that the leader of the last coup is Muslim from? He is Theravada Buddhist. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

2006 coup - as there hasn't been an election since the current coup