Thai editorial: Good Muslims, bad Muslims and the lies the govt tells you

webfact

I used to think better to nuke 'em all as I believed the nightly news. I was a created Muslim hater like so many others.

Since I realised we live in our own "matrix", so to speak, I've realised a lot of what I thought was real had been shaped by government & media lies and propaganda.

I haven't really stuck my head into the Thai Muslim problem lately, but expect it was nurtured by those with something to gain. The only long term solution I imagine is reaching an equitable accommodation that all sides can live with.

I will never be a fan of Islam but they are a significant portion of the world population. The US/Israeli approach has only brought death, misery and hatred, genocide is not a solution.

• Like 1

...to make a long story short: only a dead muslim is a good muslim....? Or what?

best time of my life was dropping 500 pounders and strafing them with my 20mm....never saw the good ones left in my wake, only heard the feedback from the grunts.

The only reason I quote this is to make sure everyone see's the vile Christian fundamentalist (I got that from your next post) zealotry that manifests in glee at murder.

Glee at murder!

Abhorrent in the extreme.

How many thousands of examples have we seen of Muslims showing glee at murder? Of course the Muslim apologists will see it one sided the other way based on this single example.

I am not excusing the comment Thaiready made. Soldiers are usually happy to get the guys who are trying to get them, but still, best days of his life? Hopefully hyperbole.

I am also not sure how you got he was a Christian fundamentalist, all he was saying was how the end was for Christ and Mohamed according to their respective faiths.

The muslims want their own caliphate, leading to a world under Islam.

It is the biggest threat on the globe.

They already number around 20% of global population, and aim to increase that to 25% this decade.

Muslims do not integrate with the rest of us, they maintain separation through dress, and extremely strong unquestioning believe in the quoran and its interpretation by religious leaders.

It has a particular appeal to the poor and uneducated, and strives to maintain this through not educating the women and allowing the men to treat their women as chattels.

Strange, education is mandatory in Thailand for both men and women. The Muslims I know worldwide mostly assimilate quite well.

Have you ever been in UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Spain or any african country where muslims through violence have taken over the local community ?

They already number around 20% of global population, and aim to increase that to 25% this decade.

Muslims do not integrate with the rest of us, they maintain separation through dress, and extremely strong unquestioning believe in the quoran and its interpretation by religious leaders.

It has a particular appeal to the poor and uneducated, and strives to maintain this through not educating the women and allowing the men to treat their women as chattels.

Strange, education is mandatory in Thailand for both men and women. The Muslims I know worldwide mostly assimilate quite well.

Have you ever been in UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Spain or any african country where muslims through violence have taken over the local community ?

No one has.

• Like 1

...to make a long story short: only a dead muslim is a good muslim....? Or what?

best time of my life was dropping 500 pounders and strafing them with my 20mm....never saw the good ones left in my wake, only heard the feedback from the grunts.

The only reason I quote this is to make sure everyone see's the vile Christian fundamentalist (I got that from your next post) zealotry that manifests in glee at murder.

Glee at murder!

How many thousands of examples have we seen of Muslims showing glee at murder? Of course the Muslim apologists will see it one sided the other way based on this single example.

I am not excusing the comment Thaiready made. Soldiers are usually happy to get the guys who are trying to get them, but still, best days of his life? Hopefully hyperbole.

I am also not sure how you got he was a Christian fundamentalist, all he was saying was how the end was for Christ and Mohamed according to their respective faiths.

Except he wasn't was he? He was trying to be as offensive as possible in post 60.

No one is being an apologist because they are countering the bigotry of the intolerant.

• Like 1

Only if that a story is called

"a narrow minded bigots views and how hate has overwhelmed their ability to live and think free of blind ignorance and prejudice".

Tell that to the Indonesian Chinese who were rape, kill & burn in 1998.....yes I'm a bigot when it comes to this religion.dry.png

"a narrow minded bigots views and how hate has overwhelmed their ability to live and think free of blind ignorance and prejudice".

Tell that to the Indonesian Chinese who were rape, kill & burn in 1998.....yes I'm a bigot when it comes to this religion.dry.png

Tell it the families of those massacred at srebrenica.

Tell it to the Rohingya in Burma.

Tell it to the victims of sri lankan religious fascist groups.

Yes there have been religious atrocities but the thing bigots won't face is all religions are guilty of it.

• Like 2

Perhaps the people in the area don't want a Mosque being built for a much simpler reason than a convoluted "being fed misinformation" kind of deal (although I guess it wouldn't make for an article like the OP) Perhaps the people don't want a Mosque there because they don't want to be woken each and every morning at 5:00 with a super-loud recording of the call to prayer? Maybe they're not so keen on the other 4 either? Maybe they don't relish the traffic chaos that will invariably come with a decent size Mosque as has happened in Surin, Phuket? On top of these - what I would call normal, valid reasons (if you have lived close to a Mosque you'll know this) - there is a worry (founded or not) about security issues?

The world was kind to them in the past decade, to allow them pray, and practice religion. At the moment no one want to take a chance.

Like in my earlier posts, will Middle East allow others to build Church or Temple. We have to come up 1 Church/Temple in Middle East = 1 Mosque in rest of the world.

If they don't accept other religion, why us ?

There are churches in the Middle East. Which you would know if you'd ever been there.

Again you take on middle eastern history is amazing.... The question asked was will the middle east allow churches or Temples to be built. And your answer is that there are churches in the middle east... As it happens they are being destroyed at an alarming rate. The Gatestone Institute wrote an interesting paper on this just recently. You seem to think Christians and Jews live side by side with Muslims in the middle east for some reason. You're a bit behind the times I'm afraid.

The world was kind to them in the past decade, to allow them pray, and practice religion. At the moment no one want to take a chance.

Like in my earlier posts, will Middle East allow others to build Church or Temple. We have to come up 1 Church/Temple in Middle East = 1 Mosque in rest of the world.

There are churches in the Middle East. Which you would know if you'd ever been there.

Again you take on middle eastern history is amazing.... The question asked was will the middle east allow churches or Temples to be built. And your answer is that there are churches in the middle east... As it happens they are being destroyed at an alarming rate. The Gatestone Institute wrote an interesting paper on this just recently. You seem to think Christians and Jews live side by side with Muslims in the middle east for some reason. You're a bit behind the times I'm afraid.

The "Gatestone Institute" is a far right wing neoconservative think tank with an agenda..

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/gatestone_institute

If you are going to discuss churches destroyed by extremists then I am sure you would like to discuss mosques destroyed by extremists from the other side at the same time....

• Like 1

I'm sorry but no I'm not. There are churches across the Middle East. Yes in conflict zones they are being destroyed by intolerant scum, but as a whole they are there and are functioning.

Glee at murder!

What do you call cutting the heads from the innocent. .?

Take your time," Appeaser of Evil".

No one has.

Have you ever been to Somalia. ...I have and smelled the death in the air.

Their mooslum first Thai second. They only want their own religion and Sharia law. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Utter tripe, and exactly the sort of misinformed codswallop that fuels the senseless bigotry in Nan.

If you think otherwise foolish you!

Yes there have been religious atrocities but the thing bigots won't face is all religions are guilty of it.

Yes I will tell it to my relatives & friends that could not defend themselves & die in the hands of this barbarians.....it's easy for u to sit behind ur keyboard & be mr. Nice guy. Have any of ur families been massacred & rape by them?

Yes I will tell it to my relatives & friends that could not defend themselves & die in the hands of this barbarians.....it's easy for u to sit behind ur keyboard & be mr. Nice guy. Have any of ur families been massacred & rape by them?

Were any of your relatives massacred in the cases I mentioned?

Which faith are you calling barbarians?

Is the fact the people massacred in the cases I mentioned don't matter in your view because they were Muslims?

Are they lesser in your eyes?

Is it ok to murder men, women and children in your eyes because you hate their faith?

I condemn all religious bigotry and all violence in the name of a god.

Can you do the same?

Edited by Bluespunk

I have relatives & friends in indonesia during the 1998 muslim-chinese fighting....families killed, burn & rape. Sorry I do not have friends & relatives the the places u mentioned but I do have friends & relatives in the place I mentioned who was so lovingly killed by this bastards.

No one has.

Have you ever been to Somalia. ...I have and smelled the death in the air.

And that is tragic. It is also something I would not use to promote hatred. If anything it should be used to show the need for greater tolerance and understanding. From everyone.

For many years in the UK i had to deal with mainly Muslim people , i can honestly say that there was not one i would trust ,one even told me that as a non muslim i really meant nothing . their religion is certainly not one of love and peace .

Glee at murder!

I call it ghastly.

Doesn't make your psychopathic joy at inflicting anonymous and indiscriminate death from 10 000 feet the slightest bit better.

Actually, in many ways it's worse.

I would never try to appease you (if that was the word you meant to use).

Edited by Seastallion
  • Like 1

Glee at murder!

And what do you call those that cut off the heads of suspected VC or incinerated innocent civilians with napalm or bayoneted pregnant women and children or threw people out of helicopters? All done by "one nation under God"

Edited by phuketandsee
  • Like 1

For many years in the UK i had to deal with mainly Muslim people , i can honestly say that there was not one i would trust ,one even told me that as a non muslim i really meant nothing . their religion is certainly not one of love and peace .

Not my experience with Thai Muslims when I lived in East Pattaya for four years. Nearly all were honest, hard working & good people.

It's just a pity that they need to indoctrinate their children with archaic myth and beliefs that can easily be used to induce them to violence.

Religion is a mental disease you catch from your parents.

The true evil here is propaganda, we need to ask exactly who is in control of our minds.

Many of us remember the cold war, I thought the Russians were from another planet and all their women were ugly babushkas, well have a look at their tennis players and, eh hm, some of their other entertainers.

So many lies, there is good and evil all around and I don't believe for a moment it is exclusive to any one group.

Not my experience with Thai Muslims when I lived in East Pattaya for four years. Nearly all were honest, hard working & good people.

It's just a pity that they need to indoctrinate their children with archaic myth and beliefs that can easily be used to induce them to violence.

Religion is a mental disease you catch from your parents.

I would suggest it is the Imams mainly self appointed and those who are legit in the Muslim world who encourage matters such as violent extremism. It's off topic, but a great pity that politicians have been slow to enact legislation to either deport or imprison those residing in the Western world. There is hope there is change afoot to address those who reject Western standards of ethics and morality as governments catch up with legislation and enforcement.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Lebanon-News/2015/Mar-06/289869-australia-jails-lebanese-man-10-years-for-marrying-12-year-old.ashx

Again from my experience living amongst the Muslism community in East Pattaya I never picked up attitudes encouraging Islamic violence. As far as I'm aware radical Islam is not the norm within the Thai Muslim community and do not identify themselves to the conflicts in the Arab world.

I did know a few Thai Muslims who had relocated from the deep South to raise their families to escape the violence and lack of opportunity. You will know that out of the 1.4m million Muslim community in the deep South 'only' 10k - 20k have been estimated to be members of the insurgency; the majority of deaths attributable to the conflict are Muslim civilians. Again you would know a number of the killings are put down to eradicating Muslim informers, so IMO the mime of Thai Muslims generally supporting Islamic violence doesn't add up.

Edited by simple1