How Much Can I Get Out Of A Double Entry Tourist Visa

Hi

I was wondering if someone could answer my question. I got a double entry tourist visa. I was reading some other forum about a triple entry tourist visa. The conversation on that page was something like you get the first 60 days, do an extention inside the country for 30 days then go out and come back in for another 60 days plus another 30 days. I'm having a hard time believing this is correct.

I was hoping that I'd get 60 days, exit come back in, get another 60 days then can extend for another 30 days. But I'm unsure if this is correct either. Can someone clarify my visa situation for me? I'd appreciate it. Thanks :o

60+30, exit/enter 60+30 can be done. You have to pay 1,900 baht for each 30 day extension.

I have done in the past (at Pattaya immigration):

60+30+15 exit/enter 60+30+15

which was 7 months for a double entry tourist visa with only one border run.

Immigration in BKK is happy to give you 3 extensions per entry so you can do this: 60+30+15+7 on one entry. Each of these are 1900 baht. But the key for multiple entry is you have to get back in Thailand before your visa expires to use the remaining entries. I have seen 2 entry tourist visas with just a 90 day validity so the best you could do in that case is 60+30, then come back and do 60+30+15+7. I never bother with the 15 or 7 because they are not cost effective. They is also a subtle difference--they are based from the time you apply where the 30 is from the time the 60 expires so you don't have to show up the last day to take full advantage.