Bangkok bomb attacks: Interpol will be asked to arrest Manoon Sanfran

webfact

Interpol will be asked to arrest Manoon Sanfran

16-3-2558-14-45-32-wpcf_728x408.jpg

The National Police Office is coordinating with the Interpol to seek the arrest of Mr Manoon Chaichana, alias Manoon Sanfran, a key suspected wanted by the police for alleged involvement with a gang responsible for staging bomb attacks in Bangkok to cause public confusion and to discredit the government.

Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth Thavornsiri, spokesman of the NPO, told a press conference this morning that the police had asked the Anti-Money Laundering Office to trace the money trails of Mr Manoon so that his assets could be seized.

He disclosed that 14 suspects have been identified for alleged involvement in the recent bomb attacks in Bangkok, including the grenade explosion at the Criminal Court compound.

Of these, 12 have been arrested and two are still at large, including Mr Manoon and Mr Veerasak Towangjorn. Of the arrested suspects, five of them have been charged with involvement in an illegal organization and terrorism.

Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth said that there are still several others who were involved with the gang but he could not give any details about them.

However, he stressed that, so far, testimonies of the arrested suspects have not implicated former supreme commander General Chaisit Shinawatra and Pol Lt-Gen Kmaronwit Thoopkrachang, former commissioner of Metropolitan Police Bureau.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/interpol-will-be-asked-to-arrest-manoon-sanfran

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-16

• Like 1

Thai police to work with Interpol for the arrest of Criminal Court bombers overseas

BANGKOK, 16 March 2015 (NNT)-The Royal Thai Police is expected to seek cooperation from the Interpol for the arrest of Criminal Court bombing suspects believed to be overseas.

Royal Thai Police Spokesperson Police Lieutenant Colonel Prawut Thawornsiri said the exact whereabouts of the alleged bomb attack mastermind, Mr. Manoon Chaichana, is not known at present.

Mr. Manoon, the owner of a Thai restaurant in the United States, has been charged with terrorism. The Anti-Money Laundering Office will also be asked to track and identify sources of his money and other assets before seizing them.

As for another perpetrator, Mr. Weerasak Towangjorn, the police believe he is still hiding in the country. The Spokesperson cited the possibility of more people involved in the attack.

He cited intelligence as showing that any new attack in the near future was unlikely, neither would there be a movement by political opponents. The Police will continue to keep the situation under surveillance.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-16 footer_n.gif

Now if said person commits a crime in there area Then different game then it would be try, convict, serve time, then if you ask nicely maybe they will hold them till you pick them up.

Edited by Strangebrew

Interpol is an International cooperative agency, wherein police forces from many world countries act in force together.

As far as I understand it, what Prayuth has been saying for the last, coming up to a year I there add, is that Thailand does not need internationally democratic systems nor international help of any kind.

Sod off then. Go find him yourselves, Thai democrat experts. Two-faced irony at its best....in that for five minutes we don't need you and one minute we do, one week we don't need you then one day we do - as demonstrated by all the beurocratic generals of this modern concept of ... errrm... a new junta led democracy? facepalm.gif

Cannot express my feelings enough about this need and no need, then need and no need, repetitively spewed by this junta week in and week out.

10 months already & the only thing that has improved is his bank a/c

Interpol is an International cooperative agency, wherein police forces from many world countries act in force together.

As far as I understand it, what Prayuth has been saying for the last, coming up to a year I there add, is that Thailand does not need internationally democratic systems nor international help of any kind.

Sod off then. Go find him yourselves, Thai democrat experts. Two-faced irony at its best....in that for five minutes we don't need you and one minute we do, one week we don't need you then one day we do - as demonstrated by all the beurocratic generals of this modern concept of ... errrm... a new junta led democracy? facepalm.gif

Cannot express my feelings enough about this need and no need, then need and no need, repetitively spewed by this junta week in and week out.

Try and be a little mature.

The RTP have executed numerous warrants for other police forces since the Junta took over. Interpol is all about co-operation and reciprocity. The existence of extradition treaties, if any, and the laws of the country where the target is, in this case the USA, will then have to be taken account by their legal process before extradition.

• Like 1

Ah, but not like that grand fantastic 450% growth in family fortunes achieved by Shin Family plc whilst PTP were in office. And they achieved that without even one Bruce'y Bonus.

(The intended pun here is reference to a one time popular British TV quiz show hosted by Bruce Forsyth - my apologies to all non Brits who probably don't know of it).

All a waste of time and effort as the US is unlikely to extradite a suspect who is reported elsewhere as having been previously charged with LM... they just don't get it...

So what do you think the US attitude would be to extradition of someone financing a bombing campaign (assuming sufficient evidence is provided) if the LM charges are withdrawn?

Thailand has been more than co-operative in extraditing criminals to the US, including the dodgy case against Victor Bout.

• Like 1

Ah, but not like that grand fantastic 450% growth in family fortunes achieved by Shin Family plc whilst PTP were in office. And they achieved that without even one Bruce'y Bonus.

(The intended pun here is reference to a one time popular British TV quiz show hosted by Bruce Forsyth - my apologies to all non Brits who probably don't know of it).

Yawn! Why is everything compared to the Shins. There were more than a DOZEN coups before Thaksin was even in the reckoning. I assume in your eyes all was fine and dandy then too!!

Try and be a little mature.

The RTP have executed numerous warrants for other police forces since the Junta took over. Interpol is all about co-operation and reciprocity. The existence of extradition treaties, if any, and the laws of the country where the target is, in this case the USA, will then have to be taken account by their legal process before extradition.

Mature? I think you are missing a grand gesture, and amiable one at that. I understand the function of Interpol quite clearly. However, and along with your accurate precision in pointing out the laws of target countries to extradite people from, in due process, do you really think Thailand plays the game with a full-hand in reciprocating? Thailand doesn't ever go all-in, as a metaphor, when it comes to gambling with any inert fears of self. Based upon that, why should Interpol even consider responding to a request from a non or illegal player in the game which results in wins for all other international players?

Why he send CDC to Germany to study their election system and constitution for the Thai drafting ?

Do you still live 70 years back when german had no democracy ??

Do you know what political system , gvt Germany have now ??

I can't believe how many pro red shirts are posting,.....seems like they all forgot the almost daily bombing and the police never catching someone...!!! remember the guy that threw a hand grenade at the protesting crowd who was filmed so clearly and the police never found him...and so many people knew him...and recognised him....? ...nah you guys don't remember anything you were to drunk.....always bashing ....!!!...never anything intelligent....

I don't care that you going to send me insults, as I am a lot more happy the way Thailand is now. It is not perfect and needer are our countries....

just continue with your uneducated bashing.....!!

Best regards....

get in line to tear me apart....

Edited by off road pat
  • Like 2

Thailand to ask US for man accused of 'financing' grenade thrown at court
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Intent on prosecuting several citizens living abroad, Thailand will test the limits of reciprocal extradition agreements by asking U.S. officials to hand over a junta critic living in San Francisco.

A week after making good on a number of outstanding requests from foreign governments including the United States, the Thai government will ask American officials to extradite a man accused of lese majeste and “financing” two men who threw a grenade from a motorcycle into a court parking lot.

On Sunday officials said they’d prepare an extradition request for Manoon “Anek Sanfran” Chaichana who they accuse of providing the money used to hire the attackers. Manoon denies any knowledge of the plot and accuses the junta of using it as a pretext to go after its critics living in exile.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/17/thailand-ask-us-man-accused-financing-grenade-thrown-court

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-17

I can't believe how many pro red shirts are posting,.....seems like they all forgot the almost daily bombing and the police never catching someone...!!! remember the guy that threw a hand grenade at the protesting crowd who was filmed so clearly and the police never found him...and so many people knew him...and recognised him....? ...nah you guys don't remember anything you were to drunk.....always bashing ....!!!...never anything intelligent....

I don't care that you going to send me insults, as I am a lot more happy the way Thailand is now. It is not perfect and needer are our countries....

just continue with your uneducated bashing.....!!

Best regards....

get in line to tear me apart....

"Almost daily bombings"?

Hyperbole, much!?

• Like 1

Why he send CDC to Germany to study their election system and constitution for the Thai drafting ?

Do you still live 70 years back when german had no democracy ??

Do you know what political system , gvt Germany have now ??

What? Where on earth did I mention Germany or its democracy? blink.png

Yawn! Why is everything compared to the Shins. There were more than a DOZEN coups before Thaksin was even in the reckoning. I assume in your eyes all was fine and dandy then too!!

I fully understand you not wanting anything you attack to be compared to the Shin regime because anything compared to the Shins looks good ! whistling.gif

• Like 1