Employed In Chiangrai

hey there guys, i have a close friend, resident of CR town, that happens to own a nail-printing shop and a cybercafe.

i've seen the cybercafe it's located near the big C and it's often crowded.

I have been contemplating going to CR town to live long term and is baffled by the limited job a foreigner could even get (except teaching)

well here's the deal but im not sure if it's ok. my friend could offer me a job to work in the cybercafe, paying me a small fee for helping him out, would that be able to be eligible for a work permit or some kind? as much as i need abit of income while staying here, i wouldnt want to get my friend in trouble working illegally.

Alternatively i could go into partnership with him and own 49% of the shop.

which is better?

For a variety of reasons to do with issues of share capital, percentage of the company owned by farang v thai shareholders, the number of work permits a company is allowed to have in relation to thai employees and share capital and, i suspect, the low income you would receive as an employee . . . . . .neither of these options sounds viable.

But, I'm no expert on this kind of thing.

hey there guys, i have a close friend, resident of CR town, that happens to own a nail-printing shop and a cybercafe.

i've seen the cybercafe it's located near the big C and it's often crowded.

I have been contemplating going to CR town to live long term and is baffled by the limited job a foreigner could even get (except teaching)

well here's the deal but im not sure if it's ok. my friend could offer me a job to work in the cybercafe, paying me a small fee for helping him out, would that be able to be eligible for a work permit or some kind? as much as i need abit of income while staying here, i wouldnt want to get my friend in trouble working illegally.

Alternatively i could go into partnership with him and own 49% of the shop.

which is better?

Not possible on both options, go and check on other thread ppl starts here.