Problem with XXX Computer - warranty fraud

DisainaM

I bought several d-Link IP Cams at XXX,

with 2 of them I had a warranty claim.

I gave the 2 cams at Pattaya tuckom XXX branch for warranty repair, they told me, they will send them to Bangkok.

After a couple of month, they gave me 2 IP Cams of the same model,

they told me, both of them had a change of the power supply,

the first cam was actually my ip cam, with a differrent power supply, that was working,

but the ip cam had the same defect, as before.

The second cam was a used cam of another person,

the serial MAC number of the back of the cam, was covered by a new sticker "22338/SOPPI 2011",

so, the XXX shop pretended, that this should be my ip cam,

but at home, at the setup, I could verfiy the different MAC number,

and the fact, that this ip cam was also defect.

The fact, that the are pretending, to give back my camera,

but manipulating the cam, that the customer is not rejecting the cam at the counter, because it has a different Serial number,

this is, what I would call warranty fraud,

beside of the fact, that both cams are defect (impossible to enter the setup).

Edited by Crossy
Removed identifying data

It's possible that the D-Link repair centre actually did the things that you describe, and not XXX at all. XXX are unlikely to even attempt to make repairs themselves, though they might swap a power supply.

Swapping out faulty units for factory reconditioned ones is extremely common practice with many manufacturers, including some of the best.

If you cant enter the setup menu on either of the cams, are you sure that you are following the instructions precisely?

If so I would just return them direct to the D-Link service centre: http://www.dlink.co.th/support/center.asp

I've removed identifying marks from the OP and Post 1 as it crosses the line for Name-and-Shame which, for legal reasons, Thaivisa does not permit.

Of course one could PM the OP for details.

I'm not closing the thread as discussion of warranty, and the means that are sometimes used to perform it, is legitimate, but please bear in mind Thailand's draconian libel and defamation laws.

It's possible that the D-Link repair centre actually did the things that you describe, and not XXX at all. XXX are unlikely to even attempt to make repairs themselves, though they might swap a power supply.

Swapping out faulty units for factory reconditioned ones is extremely common practice with many manufacturers, including some of the best.

If you cant enter the setup menu on either of the cams, are you sure that you are following the instructions precisely?

If so I would just return them direct to the D-Link service centre: http://www.dlink.co.th/support/center.asp

I don`t think, that the cams ever shown up at the d-link center,

because of the repair report, that was placed on the package of each box,

is linked with the company label.

ok, I don`t understand thai that, but I don`t think, they had been at d-link center,

because the seal of every cam is unbroken, so they never opend the case, to try a repair.

(to tribute the post from crossy, I blocked the name of the company on the picture,

as well, as my name with telephone no.)

Image removed due to visibility of dealer ID (sorry)

When I made the warranty claim, the XXX Computer Group told me, the could only accept the product, if I have the original package, ok, I thought, how luckey I am, because I had it.

The package on the left was the one, where they put another cam with a different serial number inside,

covering the MAC no. with a new sticker.

2090370639fc2cc3eb42be3aa532b0c6ecc10342

and yes, I did following the instructions precisely.

If I would contact the d-link center direct, now, I have only 1 cam the the right package and bill, cause the serial of the second cam didn`t match to the bill nor the package.

I would still go direct to D-Link, they may make a charge, but at least you'll end up with working cameras.

Thanks for removing the identification, please could you scale/crop the piccies too next time :)

I think it's highly unlikely this is the work of the vendor. They will have bought through official channels, and will have sent them to the distributor for the warranty claim. Why would they take on the expense and risk of servicing the warranty themselves? it makes no sense.

As Crossy says, contact the D-Link distributor direct - after all, they are ultimately responsible for the products claims and warranties.

• 4 months later...

well,

to close the story,

based on the fact, that to this time, the warranty was already finished,

I decided, to go again to the xxx computer group in tukkom,

because I needed some documentation, that I made my first warranty claim inside of the warranty period.

The trip to rayong, without this documentation wouldn be quiete effective, so I tried my my best in the tukkum again.

Well, the situation developed very emotionaly, starting from - no, we will not give you anything -, to ...

After this meeting, I drove directly to the tourist police.

The woman made a phone call and spoke with the owner of the shop,

and after some time, she told me, that I should go again to the shop,

that everything will be done.

So, after a day, I drove again to the tukkom, they took the 2 cams, made a new warranty claim document,

gave me every documentation, I ask for, (dates of the first warranty claim, taking back the defect products pp.)

and they told me, that the cams will be send to the headquarter to BKK.

After 3 month without a message, I went again to the tukkom, and they told me,

my cams are in bkk, I should speak with the responsible person in bkk, the case is out of their hands.

So, in july, I made my trip to bkk, an drove to the headquater of the xxx computer group, at the backside of Don Muang airport.

The contact was very friendly, after waiting about 30 minutes, they gave me 2 new cams sealed, both with a sticker, with my name, and a better (upgradet) product, than my old one,

(now, with H.264 instead of only mpeg stream).

So, in the end, - everything is ok.

Edited by DisainaM

I've removed identifying marks from the OP and Post 1 as it crosses the line for Name-and-Shame which, for legal reasons, Thaivisa does not permit.

Of course one could PM the OP for details.

I'm not closing the thread as discussion of warranty, and the means that are sometimes used to perform it, is legitimate, but please bear in mind Thailand's draconian libel and defamation laws.

Kudos to you, Crossy, for this sensible way of moderating !

I know other moderators would just have deleted the thread.