Police Visit Walking Street…again.

britmaveric

Police Visit Walking Street…Again.

31_08_2_3.jpg

It seems as though Walking Street has that special allure for almost everyone. On Wednesday night the Chonburi Police Deputy Commissioner Major General Somdet accompanied by Pattaya police commander Colonel Somnuk decided a night out in Walking Street with a clutch of their best men was in order.

The aim of the sojourn was to run a spot check on the various places of entertainment on the street and make sure the girls working in the bars were not under-age. The uniformed officers paid a visit to a number of go-go bars where they satisfied themselves the ladies of the chrome pole were wearing sufficient clothing to prevent them succumbing to pneumonia. :o

The police also brought along their brand new state of the art portable drug scanning machine which they set up to test customers in those bars they thought might have people who would indulge in the ingesting of illegal substances.

The check of the street is part of an ongoing operation that commenced in March this year with the aim of catching drug users. So far 143 arrests have netted 2,420 tablets of ya bah since the clean-up campaign began.

As it happened, the senior police were able to walk away with a satisfied smile on their faces as not one under-age girl could be found and all the revelers they tested with their nifty machine returned negative results.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 31st August 2006

That's about as useful as when they launch big swooping raids on people playing cards and gambling nickels, dimes, and quarters.

Meanwhile, gangs of youths are arming up with pistols getting ready to knock over the next 7-11, or some drunken tourist.

Pedophiles are paying for sex with underage boys and girls, who are being coerced, blackmailed and exploited.

Fugitives from other countries are hiding out here.

Mafias are pushing their weight around.

But the top priority for the boys in brown:

Make sure the girls have their bikinis on, make sure the tourists aren't taking party favorites, and make sure no one is betting less than a dollar on a game of cards.

Police Visit Walking Street…Again.

31_08_2_3.jpg

The police also brought along their brand new state of the art portable drug scanning machine which they set up to test customers in those bars they thought might have people who would indulge in the ingesting of illegal substances.

The check of the street is part of an ongoing operation that commenced in March this year with the aim of catching drug users. So far 143 arrests have netted 2,420 tablets of ya bah since the clean-up campaign began.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 31st August 2006

That will really encourage tourists to return. Imagine getting testing when you have never taken drugs in your life! I would love to know how they will select those who would fit the above profile.

Those bloody Thought Police again. :o

That's about as useful as when they launch big swooping raids on people playing cards and gambling nickels, dimes, and quarters.

Meanwhile, gangs of youths are arming up with pistols getting ready to knock over the next 7-11, or some drunken tourist.

Pedophiles are paying for sex with underage boys and girls, who are being coerced, blackmailed and exploited.

Fugitives from other countries are hiding out here.

Mafias are pushing their weight around.

But the top priority for the boys in brown:

Make sure the girls have their bikinis on, make sure the tourists aren't taking party favorites, and make sure no one is betting less than a dollar on a game of cards.

Ummmmm this is THAILAND .... no nickels dimes or quarters to be found!

and yes they are doing a job .....

Ummmmm this is THAILAND .... no nickels dimes or quarters to be found!

and yes they are doing a job .....

I was just expressing the equivalent of the amount that is gambled, for simplicity and emphasis.

You seriously thought I didn't know that there aren't nickels, dimes or quarters?

Because if you did, I have a hotel just outside Pattaya. If you send 500,000 baht to my anonymous bank account, I promise your money will be tripled in three months.

(better say I'm just joking, you might not even get this)

And yes, they are doing a job.

You thought I didn't know this?

You have to try to understand someone's message before commenting on it. I wish you luck in the future. However, I can't help but feel sorry for you now.

I don't know why this is news. Surely the police are present every night to some extent, particularly at the top end of the street near the B/W bar.

Go-Go bars and beer bars are randomly checked anyway.

Regarding the drug testing: Do foreign nationals have to provide urine samples? Surely Thai police are taking the p@@@.

I don't know why this is news. Surely the police are present every night to some extent, particularly at the top end of the street near the B/W bar.

Regarding the drug testing: Do foreign nationals have to provide urine samples? Surely Thai police are taking the p@@@.

On Wednesday night the Chonburi Police Deputy Commissioner Major General Somdet accompanied by Pattaya police commander Colonel Somnuk decided a night out in Walking Street with a clutch of their best men was in order

This was a visit by the Boss .... and yes they CAN urine test farang.

On Wednesday night the Chonburi Police Deputy Commissioner Major General Somdet accompanied by Pattaya police commander Colonel Somnuk decided a night out in Walking Street with a clutch of their best men was in order

This was a visit by the Boss .... and yes they CAN urine test farang.

I'd make something of this comment, but I think I'd be banned so I would better not :o