More haze problems for North

Lite Beer

More haze problems for North
The Sunday Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- The northern haze situation has returned, with Chiang Rai province yesterday reporting a reading of particles of less than 10 micrometres (PM10) of 125 and 144 micrograms per cubic metre in its Muang and Mae Sai districts respectively.

The readings were taken at 1pm, while visibility in the areas was only one |kilometre in the morning.

Lampang's Muang district reported a PM10 reading of 127 micrograms yesterday, according to the Pollution Control Department.

Any PM10 reading above 120 micrograms is considered hazardous to health.

For details of the northern |region situation, go to http://air4thai.pcd.go.th/web/region.php?region=2

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/More-haze-problems-for-North-30257444.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-05

... and how would that be a problem? You got the magic wand now!!

Just get the >Central Haze Situation Monitoring Center, established by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, reporting directly to the Prime Minister< back operational swiftly - it worked allegedly perfect recently as just one day later they were able to report:

Northern haze continues to resolve (2015-03-23)

It's like turkeys gobbling. First one wisp of smoke, then three others spring up because they figure if one does it why not them. Then many. Also the corn fields are being burned off. I know because black corn husk ashes that have drifted in are all over my yard in the morning. We took the daughter with asthma to Hua Hin during the first bad bout. Expensive trip. Have the big Amway hepa filter for the night time. Looking out my window in Muang district Chiang Rai at 8AM now, visibility is definitely LESS than one mile.

• 2 weeks later...