Riding to Nong Bua Lamphu

Badrabbit

I'm thinking of driving to Nong Bua Lamphu from Prachaup Khiri khan on the 17th of this month, I'm worried about Bangkok with all its restrictions, is it possible to avoid Bangkok all together? I will look at a map but thought I would ask here first as first hand experience is far better than no experience at all, I would rather not get involved with the BIB so hoping I can avoid Bangkok and have a stress free drive! Thanks in anticipation.

Are you driving or riding? If driving, then no restrictions anywhere

I will be riding the bike!

Like Shurup said, no tolls on AH2

http://goo.gl/maps/qnOvH

Be aware though that there are usually quite a few speed traps along the way, though they don't seem to care too much about big bikes (else, I would have had to pay and arm and a leg in speeding fines on the recent trip to Buriram!)

Also, if I remember correctly, there are some sections with roadworks as well, between Saraburi and Korat.

Ride safe.

Are you driving or riding? If driving, then no restrictions anywhere

I will be riding the bike!

Like Shurup said, no tolls on AH2

http://goo.gl/maps/qnOvH

Be aware though that there are usually quite a few speed traps along the way, though they don't seem to care too much about big bikes (else, I would have had to pay and arm and a leg in speeding fines on the recent trip to Buriram!)

Also, if I remember correctly, there are some sections with roadworks as well, between Saraburi and Korat.

Ride safe.

Cheers, much appreciated!

Yes, AH2. Heed all road signs very carefully. What looks like a straight line on the map often takes abrupt 90 degree turns that don't seem to be correct, but they are! The signs going from north headed to the south are very bad. I don't know what to say to help with that problem except get a GPS. My brain may well be fading, but I couldn't follow the map headed south. Going north OK.

Just use a good map or ideally get a date package for your phone or tablet & d/l google maps/earth. I rode from Ko Samui to Chaiyaphum avoiding Bangkok with not much problem using google earth