60 day extension with non O

I don't think you have a visa if it's one year. Don't you already have a one year extension for wife/kid. I'm sure Joe will give you the right anwer. But I would be surprised if you can do an extension when you already have an extension............

Edited by bangkoklasse

A 60 day extension can be applied for at the end of any one year extension of stay.

There have been reports of an immigration office doing one at the end of 30 day tourist visa entry extension.

• Like 1

A 60 day extension can be applied for at the end of any one year extension of stay.

There have been reports of an immigration office doing one at the end of 30 day tourist visa entry extension.

Could you obtain a further 1-year extension at the end of the 60 days from your local immigration office? Or would you then need to start afresh with a new non-O visa obtained from Savannakhet, Vientiane, etc? Alternatively, could you convert your 60-day extension to a non-O at Chaengwattana Immigration?

• 2 months later...

Hi thaivisa smile.png

Quick introduction (forum rules ) :

Simon 35 years of age from France. Married since 2 years with a thai wife and has a 2 years old daughter born in Bangkok. (Both marriage and child birth registered in Thailand and France). We live in Hua Hin

- I'm holding a 3 month non O family visa issued in Monaco which will ends on June 22nd.

Based on this topic subject i think/hope i'm posting at the right place:

So my wife, my daughter and my will move back to France with soon (around September) and i dont want to go trough the long process of the 1year extension (thai family) as i will leave soon. However i need to extend my stay here for few months.

- According to this thread i'm eligible for a 60 days extension of stay. My question is where to get the extension ? Do i have to go to a border or can i get it at the Hua Hin immigration office? And both scenarios, what are the documents required to validate the extension ?

- Other option : leave the country and apply for a new 90 days non O family but i will only have 30 days more and takes more time and papers to complete... So i have another question in case i have to apply for a new non 0 instead : Is the Singkhorn pass border can now delivers a 90 days non O family (or non immigrant VISA in general ) my neighbor told me they don't and the closer from Hua Hin to do that is Kanchanaburi border... But i have read contradictory infos on other forums about Singkhorn pass and i look for a reliable infos about this border immigration office.

Thanks for your help and reply,

Simon

Edited by element555

You will also need a copy of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

They may also want proof of residence also.

You would have to go to an embassy or consulate to get another non-o visa.

You could do a border crossing re-enter and get a 30 day visa exempt entry that can be extended for 30 days or you could also get another 60 day extension with a new entry.

I have seen no reports yet of the Singkhorn crossing allowing a crossing for a new entry. Ban Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi does allow them.

Thanks UbonJoe ! i think i have all answers i was looking for, i will go for a simple 60 days extension at Hua Hin immigration center then i will do a trip out of the Kingdom to renew with a exempt 30 days+extension sounds like the best option for me/us. And thanks also for additional details about papers i will need to provide for immigration that was also helpful ! thumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...

Hi back, my visa expires in 2 days :

- I'm currently use the 60 days extension from my originally 90 days family NON-O Visa as parents and husband of thai citizen delivered in France. The 60 days extension was given in Hua Hin. $

- My plan was to leave tomorrow from Hua Hin with my wife and daughter, visit the waterfalls and make the road trip to Ban Phu Nam Ron to try to obtain another 90 days non immigrant O family (which would be the best for me).

Is it possible in my situation to apply to a new 90 days non immigrant 0 family (married) VISA and if yes, is the following check list is right :

This the list i have found for Vientiane on the forum (could not find for Ban Phu Nam Ron) :

For the purpose of accompanying spouse/family members, documents required are;
1. Copy of marriage certificate - provided with additional documentation of my wife's surname change to my own
2. Certified Copy of spouses ID card (in Thai) - my wife just signed and dated the doc to "certify"
3. Copy of house registration book (in Thailand) - aka "tabien ban"; your wife has one.
4. Copy of bank statement (in Thailand) - did not provide; no questions asked.
5. Other relevant document, for example, copy of childs birth certificate / ID card - I also provided a letter from my wife requesting my visa, at the suggestion of some people in this forum, however the letter was returned to me during the submission process.
Edited by element555

You will only get a 30 day visa exempt entry at the border.

If you want another non-o visa you will have to go to an embassy or consulate. Savannakhet Laos will do a multiple entry non-o visa.based upon marriage with no financial proof.

• 1 year later...

Hi Ubonjoe/et al

can the 60 day extension only be applied for when the non o visa based on marriage approaches expiry, or could I extend any of the 90 day entries throughout the year that the visa is valid for? Eg visa expires next january, current 90 day entry expires next week.

many thanks

Edited by tdm
accuracy

26 minutes ago, tdm said:

Hi Ubonjoe/et al

can the 60 day extension only be applied for when the non o visa based on marriage approaches expiry, or could I extend any of the 90 day entries throughout the year that the visa is valid for? Eg visa expires next january, current 90 day entry expires next week.

many thanks

You can apply for a 60 day extension for any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

You can get a  new 90 day entry up to the enter before date on your visa. The enter before is just that it does limit the amount of time you be in the country. You can get almost 15 months of total stay from your visa and get a 60 day extension of the last entry that makes it almost 17 months.

thanks very much indeed!

One final question on this to clarify, can you do this only once per non o visa validity ie only one of the multiple entries or is it once per entry eg two of the 90 day entries could be extended within the validity of the non o visa?

2 minutes ago, tdm said:

thanks very much indeed!

One final question on this to clarify, can you do this only once per non o visa validity ie only one of the multiple entries or is it once per entry eg two of the 90 day entries could be extended within the validity of the non o visa?

You could do a 60 day extension for every entry from your visa if you wanted to. 

Your visas validity means nothing once you are in the country. As I wrote before you can do an entry on or before the enter before date on your visa and get another 90 day entry.

• 9 months later...

I am nearing the end of my non-o multiple (thai wife) and am going to do the 60 day extension at immigration in CR. i didn't a few years ago but do not remember all the info needed. 

is there a form that needs to be filled out, if so which one?

other than that....

1900 baht

wifes tabien baan

wifes ID card

marriage certificate

passport photo?

anything else? no proof of finances for this 60-day extension, correct? I just need this additional time and then after this is up we will be leaving the country.

thanks.

Edited by bobbybo

7 minutes ago, bobbybo said:

I am nearing the end of my non-o multiple (thai wife) and am going to do the 60 day extension at immigration in CR. i didn't a few years ago but do not remember all the info needed. 

is there a form that needs to be filled out, if so which one?

other than that....

1900 baht

wifes tabien baan

wifes ID card

marriage certificate

passport photo?

anything else? no proof of finances for this 60-day extension, correct? I just need this additional time and then after this is up we will be leaving the country.

Your wife needs to be with you when you apply.

You need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. Download, complete and print 2 sided Fillable TM7 form.pdf

Copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Copies of everything you mentioned.

No financial proof needed.

Proof of residence unless living where your wife's house book is for. A rental agreement is normally asked for the proof of residence.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your wife needs to be with you when you apply.

You need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. Download, complete and print 2 sided Fillable TM7 form.pdf

Copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Copies of everything you mentioned.

No financial proof needed.

Proof of residence unless living where your wife's house book is for. A rental agreement is normally asked for the proof of residence.

thanks so much!