Chiang Mai Visa Company

KanomPang

I've been living in Chiang Mai for 3 years with my Thai wife and step daughter, but we may have to go back to UK to take care of ageing parents and give them chance to be part of my daughters life for a few years whilst she is still young.

Can anyone recommend a company that can give advice about this, explain process and costs.

I've been trawling 'Google' for companies and I know about ThaiVisaAssist but I think they look to be only good to help with visa's to stay here, so any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I can not vouch for them as I just had one contact and they told me to wait a little while. I will be going over there this week. I want to take the wife to the States.

Star Visa Service

Tel <removed per forum rules>

E mail <removed, use http://www.i-starvisa.com/contact_us.asp>

They are just down the street from the American council heading away from the river on the same side.

Edited by Tywais
e-mail and phone removed as per forum rules

To the OP:

I guess you mean taking your Thai wife and her daughter to the UK on a permanent basis.

First, need to know some details:

1. Are you officially married to your Thai wife?

2. If officially married, did you marry here or in the UK.

3. Have you officially adopted your Thai wife`s daughter and how old is the child?

4. Do you have an accommodation address in the UK and if so, is it suitable to accommodate yourself, wife and the child?

5. Do you have a full time permanent job waiting for you if and when you return to the UK?

I would recommend you contact the British Embassy in Bangkok

I am not sure a Chiang Mai based Visa company handles the UK Visas

It will be a draw out process

Just like it is to get a Australian Visa

A phone call to the Embassy will clarify all this

I would recommend you contact the British Embassy in Bangkok

I am not sure a Chiang Mai based Visa company handles the UK Visas

It will be a draw out process

Just like it is to get a Australian Visa

A phone call to the Embassy will clarify all this

Totally forgot your a Brit. Your probably be SOL and have to go Bangkok.

For sure your wife and you will be required to present yourselves at the Brit Embassy in Bangkok for interview. No agent can do that by remote control. Download the forms from embassy website. If your wife plans to settle in the Uk then she will need to pass some sort of spoken English test. I happen to know a couple who are in Bangkok right now trying to get his wife a long stay visa. They have been stuck there for 2 weeks now, and expect to be there at least another week.

Good luck wit your quest , I hope it all works out ok for you and your family. I am sure you may have seen the UK gov web site also uninteresting article from the beeb. Just noticed that the Immigration rules have changed on April 15.

Once again hope all goes well

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immigration-rules

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-31377750

I found when I was applying for visa,that thai visas blog on visa to another country was very helpful especially as you will find many real cases on there and helpful advise,applying for visa for uk can be done. need some research though,and its certinally not cheap these days.good luck with your quest.

I just got back from Star Visa. I have the ball rolling to get my wife a visa to the states. My plan was to try for a Canadian one over there in Seattle. As I have kids and friends in Vancouver 175 miles away. Star Visa told me that if and they think it will be no problem I get the states one they can do the paperwork for the Canadian one here and just mail it in. She would not have to go to Bangkok. I am a little doubtful on that. I do have a friend who did it by mail once. At any rate even if she had to go all the paper work would be done and it would be an in and out interview.

If they can do that I was wondering why they could not do it with a British one. A person would have to go in and see about that. For the life of me I can not understand why a person would have to just hang around Bangkok for three weeks if they have there paper work in order.

But I am aware of the fact that the British are not very helpful to their citizens when not at home in Merry old England.

I just got back from Star Visa. I have the ball rolling to get my wife a visa to the states. My plan was to try for a Canadian one over there in Seattle. As I have kids and friends in Vancouver 175 miles away. Star Visa told me that if and they think it will be no problem I get the states one they can do the paperwork for the Canadian one here and just mail it in. She would not have to go to Bangkok. I am a little doubtful on that. I do have a friend who did it by mail once. At any rate even if she had to go all the paper work would be done and it would be an in and out interview.

If they can do that I was wondering why they could not do it with a British one. A person would have to go in and see about that. For the life of me I can not understand why a person would have to just hang around Bangkok for three weeks if they have there paper work in order.

But I am aware of the fact that the British are not very helpful to their citizens when not at home in Merry old England.

I think you find that many countries have different criteria .

The Uk and Australia have strict rules

The USA might might have not so strict rules

Keep us informed if you were successful