Looking to buy a CBR150 or a scooter, where to start?

Currently using a scooter from a friend which I don't actually pay rent to, but it's dying [emoji30] and I really need one bike to go to work and get around town. Looking to buy a CBR150 or perhaps a CLICK, but don't know where to look[emoji29] . I am living in Phuket, can anyone please advise a good place to go to?

Thanks in advance! [emoji4]

Posted via Tapatalk using my Z30

I'd go for the Click, CBR150R is less practical and doesn't have power that excites. Even a MSX125 is more fun albeit a bit uncomfy for bigger guys.

And with the rain season coming up, you can't beat a scooter when it comes to riding in the rain as you might have to to commute to work.

If new, like papa said already go to one of the Honda showrooms, they are on every corner. It'll set you back a bit under 50k I think.

Be careful buying second hand, best luck usually through friends of friends. And repairing a scooter is usually not so expensive unless it's a full engine replacement or similar.

Send a Thai to the repair shop and you'll get a better price in most cases.

SCooters and this definitely include the Click handle badly. In one of my roadtests from Pattaya to Rayong I rented a practically new Click 125. On the highway at 80 or above the Click is damn scary. A Nouvo Elegance or Honda PCX isn't. Mechanically about the only major difference between such underbones (and these include a Honda Wave by he way) and so called "real motorcycles" is the "real ones have a gas tank between the driver's legs. A Click and its floor board scooter brethren is completely inferior when it comes to stability and good handling.

Besides researching the Thai websites I would suggest you go to each brand of dealer and sit on each bike and go through the controls.

If you are young then not much will bother you but if you are older or just like to be comfortable then riding position is important.

Start with the NEW to Thailand Yamaha "Exciter" 150cc, water cooled, 4 valve, 2 disc brake, upright riding position, mono rear shock, 5 gear with clutch, about 69,000 baht. Perfect. Been in Malaysia a while, and well loved.

Anyone knows if the Big Wing in Town is a good place to go? I don't see CBR elsewhere except that place. And also, I was told that R15 is good for value, because Yamaha doesn't charge check-ups, is that true?

I was looking at the MSX and loved it, but it's really small for me.

Anyone knows if the Big Wing in Town is a good place to go? I don't see CBR elsewhere except that place. And also, I was told that R15 is good for value, because Yamaha doesn't charge check-ups, is that true?

I was looking at the MSX and loved it, but it's really small for me.

Big Wing sells the bigger bikes, 500cc and up.

CBR150 and 300 are sold at regular Honda dealers.

R15 looks nice, similar pricing to CBR150. I don't have any experience with Yamaha service personally.

Actually "Bigwing" has also smaller bikes in their normal Honda shop across the road. Not really Bigwing but they are the same guys as they store their big bikes over there in the warehouse. The Bigwing showroom itself only has 500cc and up as stated.

But if I'd buy a smaller bike, I'd also go to that particular dealer as the Bigwing guys always did a top notch job.

mayojordan, what's your budget?

Actually "Bigwing" has also smaller bikes in their normal Honda shop across the road. Not really Bigwing but they are the same guys as they store their big bikes over there in the warehouse. The Bigwing showroom itself only has 500cc and up as stated.

But if I'd buy a smaller bike, I'd also go to that particular dealer as the Bigwing guys always did a top notch job.

mayojordan, what's your budget?

Ah, ok. I'm not familiar with the Phuket location, disregard my previous whatever.

I have ridden my Honda PCX in Vietnam for 4yrs with no problems. I first road tested it for a week in Patong 4yrs ago and the way it climbed Patong hill was enough to convince me to buy one.

Edited by seedy
poster unable to edit

I second, the comment about being safer, someone said they aren't exciting - true, but they do give you a little more power to get past the scooters and way better handling than a scooter.

Hell of a lot cheaper than an automatic. Great for zipping around town.