discusting behaviour of farang against a girl in bkk

I recently indicated to a guy , when he finally came out of his drug induced fit of violence against a girl for a few seconds (little boy sat on a motor bike watching) that I had filmed him. I hadn't. However he decided to set on me and running after me enabled the girl to CRAWL away from the scene, abandoning the kid. Maybe she didn't like having the shit kicked and punched out of her although she did get a few good ones in. I had a wife and kid in the car so wasn't going to get involved in that. In the future there will be a machete under my seat as a deterrent. Certainly not a gun.

This kind of stuff erupts so suddenly that most people don't know how to react. Nor do I really but I do react.

(image removed)

Don't carry a weapon, learn how to fight.

Queensbury rules? No such thing as a "fair fight".

Many martial arts, including the old European ones, train with weapons for a good reason. Using those weapons is fighting. Mr. Colt and his friends Smith and Wesson took it to a whole new level.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, people don't get involved. Why? I don't understand.

If I had seen that, there is absolutely no doubt I would have put that guy on his ass.

What a pathetic piece of shit he is.

Because what goes on between a man and his wife is no one's business but theirs.

If she ASKS for help, that's another matter entirely but I've seen more than a few people intervene only to get a kicking from the guy AND his ostensibly battered wife.

My first instinct would have been to ask the woman if she wanted/needed help.

If she said "no, it's ok", that's it; none of my business after that

That one should not get involved in so socially retarded it saddens that others agree with you. There most certainly is a place where private behavior displayed in the public domain becomes the moral imperative of others at the extreme, and minimally their "business" if they choose to act. You beat a woman in public space for which I am present and you invite my participation, or apathy. But the choice is mine, not some ridiculous primal self preservation instinct asserted above.This post gives voice to the bystanders in the video- they too would likely have agreed with you. However, it most certainly becomes my business when I am forced to observe and by extension, participate and condone it. When you make me complicit, it is no longer in your control. This video clearly rises to "imminent threat" to her.

...how... ignorant... the earth fills with the blood of women and children and innocents because of the perverse reasoning "what goes on between a man and his wife is no one's business but theirs." She also lacks the authority to say "ok" once she is getting her ass beat in front of others.

If I had seen that, there is absolutely no doubt I would have put that guy on his ass.

Because what goes on between a man and his wife is no one's business but theirs.

If she ASKS for help, that's another matter entirely but I've seen more than a few people intervene only to get a kicking from the guy AND his ostensibly battered wife.

That one should not get involved in so socially retarded it saddens that others agree with you. There most certainly is a place where private behavior displayed in the public domain becomes the moral imperative of others at the extreme, and minimally their "business" if they choose to act. You beat a woman in public space for which I am present and you invite my participation, or apathy. But the choice is mine, not some ridiculous primal self preservation instinct asserted above.This post gives voice to the bystanders in the video- they too would likely have agreed with you. However, it most certainly becomes my business when I am forced to observe and by extension, participate and condone it. When you make me complicit, it is no longer in your control. This video clearly rises to "imminent threat" to her.

...how... ignorant... the earth fills with the blood of women and children and innocents because of the perverse reasoning "what goes on between a man and his wife is no one's business but theirs." She also lacks the authority to say "ok" once she is getting her ass beat in front of others.

I take it reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours and that you've never actually found yourself in close proximity to a situation like that depicted in the video. I have and my way avoids being rounded on by the fighting couple.

READ what I wrote and THEN talk out of your backside.

Pay particular attention to the part that says

. . . . to ask the woman if she wanted/needed help.

What's wrong with asking if she needs help?

Edited by Cypress Hill

I take it reading comprehension is not a strong suit of yours and that you've never actually found yourself in close proximity to a situation like that depicted in the video. I have and my way avoids being rounded on by the fighting couple.

READ what I wrote and THEN talk out of your backside.

Pay particular attention to the part that says

. . . . to ask the woman if she wanted/needed help.

What's wrong with asking if she needs help?

I'm confident TV posters do not suspect I have a reading comprehension problem. Our difference can be summed easily, and better enable "comprehension:" I dont agree that the prerogative solely rests with her as to whether someone could or should be involved; period. There is nothing wrong with asking is assistance is needed. Please dont beg or barter out of the remainder of your post, it was only IMO... disagreeable.

PS: The two points your post rests upon are diametrically opposed- not get involved and only potential involvement upon request. My assertion is they lose the none of your business authority when this enters the public space. I am pretty sure accepted modern ethics concurs.

I should have made my post more general; it was not intended to insult you but re reading it I see I did. I would have written it less personally had I to do it again. Your point of view is not unique; I just cant abide it.

Spent a little time in Doncaster city centre a lifetime ago and witnessed some very violent "ladies" getting it on with men, women and believe me I would not have wanted to tangle with them and I have always been a "handy" sort of person both boxing and freestyle wrestling in my younger days, talk about hard cases and dirty fighters.

I make this comment on the basis that when a lady acts like a woman, then on occasions the gloves must come off for anyone whether man woman doesn't really matter when you are being viciously attacked by a person so drunk or angry that they are hard to stop. ( I mean that if a woman attacked you in this manner than she is not acting like a lady , is she?)

I remember with some nostalgia, around 1965 when I was at my fittest having a friendly wrestle with a 120 Kilo Ukrainian lady who didn't have much English but could swear like a goodun and I came worse off, she picked me up like I was a feather and I was 90K in those days and placed me unceremoniously on my bum.

Of course there is little comparison in my tale with what was happening in the video and the man must have been seriously provoked, (who knows) but his antics were far from justified and his action are what we must judge and in my opinion I would have wished that he could have met up with some of the ladies from Doncaster if not the Ukrainian lady.

The results would have been far different that what happened on this video I can assure you

The "man" no. you cannot call him a man, more just a BULLY who will, because of the publicity get what he deserves somewhere along the line.

Lets hope when He does get his comeuppance there will be someone with a video to record the incident and hope that no one intervenes, just like they didn't when he was giving it to the woman

I used to live in Doncaster and also saw some brutish women there.Knew one from Mexborough who would willingly take on 4 men. I certainly would't call her a lady.Scared the sh:t out of me.

You are right !

So many big mouth people sending messages here when they would just do nothing if they were on the spot...

Easy to talk on Internet right ?

Poor you all...

Its so common, and we wonder why thai hate farang so much..

You must move in different circles to me, as I have never previously come across Farangs beating up Thai females, although I have seen Thai females attacking Farang men. And if Thais do hate us Farangs,which I'm not sure is correct,it certainly has nothing to do with this subject.

At the start the chick starts the physical abuse. Golden rule is never to get involved in a domestic. 99% the chick turns on you. I don't advocate a man hitting a woman but I'm sure she had her part to play. It's a no win for anyone getting involved.

You are right !

So many big mouth people sending messages here when they would just do nothing if they were on the spot...

Easy to talk on Internet right ?

Poor you all...

I disagree. While the world is filled with cowards or people who would say more on the net then do in person there is a particular quality of man who travels the world, works abroad, sets up home in a strange land, or retires there. There are many men who work oil rigs, former military, etc/. that make Thailand their home now. I believe it quite likely that many people who have expressed that they would act likely would have. The problem, as evident by the westerners in the video who variously hesitated to act, is when to act. When does acting claim the problem as your own or end the conflict? When does acting resolve and when does it worsen the situation?

In retrospect we can choose the optimal points in the drama by watching the video and commenting. But in the moment it is quite difficult to see where or how to act without endangering yourself, others, or compounding the problem.

^^^^, the Thais have a saying, in that part of town you can hear it used in many bars,

"not my family, not my problem"

I wonder how many on here can actually say in Thai, do you need any help?

May well be the girl involved wanted no police involvment what so ever.

Clearly there were ample opportunities for others to intervene, and all backed away.

Even when she ran, no one cared, And to me, she acted and run like thief caught in the act and now escaping

She may have been well known on that street, adding to her woes

The guy may have been fat, but no one was taking him down with one blow, unless they broke his windpipe.

Easy for people to yap about it on the internet,

The guy ran pretty well for a fat guy and wasn't backing down from Anyone.

would be interesting to see how that ended as they ran into a crowd

Regarding her not flinching and accepting those blows,; maybe since she worked at Nana she has taken a few shots to the mouth/chin area before and has developed a bit of a calloused oral area?

Still a disturbing video on many levels.

Edited by HLover

That's a very interesting post, I wonder how Thailand or the BiB would react to a Farang getting involved

with another Farang.

Did it once 12 or so years ago and lost my dinner...

walking back from the fish n chip shop on 23 along sukhumvit encountered a farang fellow screaming at a Thai girl he was holding by the shoulders against the pedestrian bridge. I walked over and asked her if she wanted help getting home.

The farang threatened me with violence to which I said, you're fat, pissed and unfit, shut it, I'm not talking to you.

I turned back just in time to avoid a slap from the girl but she caught my bag which split and sent my chips flying! !

Left them to it and went home sorrowful with just cod

Never intervened since

....how strangely odd that you all respond with such disgust to the treatment of a woman and fail to see that many are treated the same "way" on this forum...it is no wonder why there are so many subscribers and so few few few posters.

....but you are all so clever, aye?

Difficult to know what to do unless the lady actually shouts for help.

Getting choked should qualify. Cuts off your airway for one thing. Makes it difficult or impossible to scream for help.

Running usiually sends a strong signal as well, esp when there's a huge guy chasing you.

Fact is, most people cant/wont intervene no matter how serious things are unless police are involved or they are in a group.