Honda Africa Twin 2015?

BBJ

Will it come?

I've been holding off buying a new bike just to see what develops with the adventure side. I was originally considering 800GS but when I heard a year ago Triumph were possibly reducing prices I held off, but it appears deliveries aren't going as promised for many. I spoke to Honda about 5 months ago and asked them about the Africa Twin but the spokesperson at the time couldn't give me an answer, however he was confident Honda's intention was to hit the adventure side.

So, as anyone heard anything positive?

Edited by BBJ

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I spoke to Honda the other day but they couldn't confirm when in 2016 it would be available. Price they said 500-600 and they couldn't confirm the version. I assumed it would be the DCT. Anyway, I will be there on the 1st December so hopefully I can get some answers because I want one!

I spoke to Honda the other day but they couldn't confirm when in 2016 it would be available. Price they said 500-600 and they couldn't confirm the version. I assumed it would be the DCT. Anyway, I will be there on the 1st December so hopefully I can get some answers because I want one!

Motor Expo starts 2nd of December.

Motor Expo starts 2nd of December.

Press day is 1st of December.

Just got back from the press launch but I am still no wiser on the details. Unfortunately the revealing was 10 minutes before I needed to leave for another appointment and the main guys were in the middle of interviews. here are a few pictures but the one on display wasn't the DCT version!

Honda1.jpg

honda2.jpg

IMG_9256.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

IMG_9268.jpg

IMG_9282.jpg

IMG_9290.jpg

IMG_9291.jpg

IMG_9288.jpg

hondadash.jpg

Edited by BBJ

Just spoke to my colleagues at Autospinn who managed to stay there longer than I did.

The official official release will be mid 2016 with a price more than 500k. So I guess getting your hands on one is likely August 2016 onward. However, he didn't get confirmation on the whether it would be dct or manual.