3BB connection problems in Jomtien

GaryB1263

3BB has started having problems again

I live in View Talay 5

My connection keeps dropping out. I have been using USTV Now.

Is there anything I can do to improve my connection reliability??

Why can't I get a better service in VT 5? Does anyone know what internet services are available to this building??????

Call 3BB to report the fault. They will check and repair outside the building, and they will let you know if the problem is inside the building. If it is inside the building then your building management should arrange for their technician to replace/repair the phone cable to your unit. The 3BB technician will normally be able to tell them to within a metre or so exactly how far from your unit the fault is.

The 3BB technician will not be allowed to work directly on the cables in your building.

Call 3BB to report the fault. They will check and repair outside the building, and they will let you know if the problem is inside the building. If it is inside the building then your building management should arrange for their technician to replace/repair the phone cable to your unit. The 3BB technician will normally be able to tell them to within a metre or so exactly how far from your unit the fault is.

The 3BB technician will not be allowed to work directly on the cables in your building.

How much is it going to cost. I want a pro to check my connection.

3BB is free. On the rare occasions I have had trouble they have always managed to sort it out for me, usually without coming to my building.

Once my building did have to replace a cable which they did for free (as I had previously paid the installation fee).

Yes. I started having problems with my 3BB connection. Their technicians assured me the fault was inside the building. I was skeptical, but purchased the needed new cable to reach me on the 15th floor and the building employee who deals with telephones and Internet installed the new cable. Since then no problems and far better speeds. 3BB had it right.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not lucky with 3BB, line is frequently slow and many disconnections happen. The last report from the 3BB assistance is that I have to change the router, they say is better to buy a new router at Tukom because the router marked 3BB is not reliable.

When I started the contract I asked to put my own router but they said is better to use the 3BB and now the engineer have new opinion.

Anyone experienced suggestion from 3BB to change the router for intermittent disconnection?

I have no problem with their router, apart from the limited radio-range. Always when it's possible, you should prefer a wired connection. I stay also in Jomtien and can't complain about my internet connection from 3bb.

I'm not lucky with 3BB, line is frequently slow and many disconnections happen. The last report from the 3BB assistance is that I have to change the router, they say is better to buy a new router at Tukom because the router marked 3BB is not reliable.

When I started the contract I asked to put my own router but they said is better to use the 3BB and now the engineer have new opinion.

Anyone experienced suggestion from 3BB to change the router for intermittent disconnection?

I might try a new router if I knew which one to buy.

I have no problem with their router, apart from the limited radio-range. Always when it's possible, you should prefer a wired connection. I stay also in Jomtien and can't complain about my internet connection from 3bb.

My connection in Jomtien ran for a long time with limited problems. Now it seems to be worse.

No problems with the connections , it's the speed out of Thailand that is the big problem with 3BB , Try to watch any streamed content before midnight and you're lucky if you can watch 10 minutes without it slowing down and freeze.

Edited by balo