Anyone know if a 12v car fridge avail in Thailand?

I have a Modern Cool 240/12v mini fridge front opening. Holds about 16 cans.

Was a freebee when I installed an air Con in house.

Have I ever used it well no, reason just as simple to get a good ice box put in what you want and stick in some Ice. Much more stable and you don't have to worry about blocking the exit fan heat coming out of the back.

I also have the perfect lump for it a Fortuner that has a ciggy lighter already in the back.

Sorry I didn't answer your question directly but if you go into your nearest large fridge/Aircon: shop they might be able to order for you.

Yeah I saw that one. Looking for something 40-50 liter with a compressor. Those thermo fan ones pretty ordinary and just pump hot air into Ur car. Thanks anyway. I've had a few problems with Lazada. On the surface look ok but their tracking and customer comms is rubbish. All they do is advertise other people's products then Ur at the mercy of that company

Be a good investment / buisiness opportunity for someone importing these

I don't see the business model to be honest.

a $1000 car fridge will have cost you atleast $1500 by the time you have it landed and instock.

a 40b white foam box with 10b of ice will do exactly the same, unless offcourse you are going camping for a few days well off the beaten track where no ice is available.

Bt48,000 buy a lot of ice and foam boxes.

Edited by Don Mega

True but only that price if imported from.Europe or Australia. China wud have something a lot cheaper for sure if the quality was ok. A lot of things here though import tax is the killer

True but only that price if imported from.Europe or Australia. China wud have something a lot cheaper for sure if the quality was ok. A lot of things here though import tax is the killer

The stuff sold in Europe or Australia is also mostly made in China. They just slap their own label on it and do a little better quality check.

Importing directly from China has 0% duties on most items under FTA with Thailand. But you need the correct paperwork, so might not be viable for single or small quantity purchases.

ARB have in Thailand and are expending their presence through retail outlets around - familiarise yourself with the logo and you may get lucky.

Unfortunately in most case the staff know diddly about the products.....so be prepared to explain yourself a few times......there's a good chance they'll think you want an ice box and a battery!

Toyota crowns have/had fridges. Try Toyota for new or a breakers for a secondhand.

My Granvia has a fridge, but it runs off the aircon circuit, you couldn't just take it out and install it easily in another car.

It is very cool though, in every sense of the word!

When used at the 4x4 club in US they run a 2nd battery ..... I got one in the US that could heat or cool but it's big/bulky and required constant power for the fan and the plate type don't work well....thought it would be good for travel as could also use A.C. power - more of a hassle than it was worth ... in the end found a nice between the front and back seat ice chest took it's place..... a handy size - can stand big bottles (plus could double as a seat when playing tourneys) I brought it here....Rubbermade model 1821.....works on trips for 4 people including some food if we want.....good all day with a small block of ice we freeze in the fridge over night.....

Edited by pgrahmm

• 2 months later...

Yeah I saw that one. Looking for something 40-50 liter with a compressor. Those thermo fan ones pretty ordinary and just pump hot air into Ur car. Thanks anyway. I've had a few problems with Lazada. On the surface look ok but their tracking and customer comms is rubbish. All they do is advertise other people's products then Ur at the mercy of that company

Shops with a good stock of marine equipment for yachts would have such, 12V and compressor.

Shops may be found in Phuket, far from Isaan though.

Two shops that I know in Pattaya/Jomtien/Sattahip may have, or at least can order through the shops:

ASAP Marine and Buzzcats Electrical. Both shops located in Ocean Marina (Na Jomtien/Sattahip).

There is a Lazida shop in Samuth Prakarn, might have, but usually they supply mostly low end equipment.

I followed it through and ARB agents in Thailand can supply a 37 litre fridge freezer for about 30k THB. Have stock Thailand too but need to order in provincial offices

1.3 cu ft for 30K Baht... wow.. I think I'll stick to regular ice top ups at a 7/11 ;)