What time do you need to submit the visa application in Savannakhet?

i am applying for a multiple entry O visa in Savannakhet next month. What time do I need to be at the Embassy the latest to submit the application and pick it up the next day? I plan on flying to Ubon from Bangkok in the morning and then drive to Mukdahan but I'm not sure if I will have enough time.

If you take the first Ubon flight in the morning, and use a private car or taxi direct from Ubon airport to the Friendship bridge, you should have enough time.

It may be worthwhile to have the Lao visa on arrival application form filled out ahead of time. This could save you a few minutes.

Edited by BritTim

If you are driving yourself to the the bridge you should have enough time get the application done by 11 am if you flight arrives early enough.

You pickup your passport at 2 pm the next day.

And if you are early, Thai Immigration at the bridge opens at 8 and the Thai consulate at 9 so if you are there at 8 you'll get to the consulate at about a quarter till 9 with a very short line.

That was my experience at the end of May this year.

The PloyPalace Hotel in Mukdahan has a shuttle bus service from the airport. Driving time would be about 2.5 hours and that's pushing it. Saves hiring a car or taxi and from memory would cost 300 baht. Worth a phone call perhaps.

My wife has used it many times from Loengnoktha to Ubon, agrees a pickup point, if they have room no problem.

If going from BKK then tour bus actually works out quicker & easier overall as arrival times for crossing the bridge are perfect & you at consulate before 9am even being casual & walking from savannakhet bus station to the consulate. It a perfect transition with hardly any downtime or need to shuttle locations.

• Like 1

Hello,

Is it true that Nok air flights arrive too late ?

They say 10am at Mukdahan, but then it's not possible to be at the consultate before 11am ?

Thanks.

The Nok Air minibus actually gets to the bridge before going on to Ploy Palace Hotel Mukdahan, on average perhaps about 9:50. On a good day (and especially if you filled out the Lao Visa on Arrival form in advance, and have a photocopy of your passport identification page) you might be lucky and make it in time. I have previously asked if anyone knows of a taxi service that could meet you at the Thai side of the bridge and take you across (so you do not need to wait for the bus). No one responded. I still think a taxi should be possible. If so, if Nok Air is on time (or close) which is likely early morning, you will almost certainly be in time.

• Like 1

You can find taxi guys on the Thai side in the car park, they have all the documents required and will do all the running around for you. Probably will cost you 1,000 - I have used them in the past and most recently on the 6th of this month.

• Like 1

If you arrive alive, yes ! But no more bus for me thank you <3

If going from BKK then tour bus actually works out quicker & easier overall as arrival times for crossing the bridge are perfect & you at consulate before 9am even being casual & walking from savannakhet bus station to the consulate. It a perfect transition with hardly any downtime or need to shuttle locations.

^ VIP bus from saphon tours to mukdahan is about one of best I ever had, coach is in good order & driving good too. I not fan of buses or mini vans, mini vans being the real danger but the saphon tours changed my mind & I have used it a fair few times so was not a one off. short flights on low cost airlines is not without risk lol ...

Edited by BuckBee