Are condo managers required to notify immigration of short term occupants

Out of interest, is that the unit owners or the Juristic Manager who has the responsibility/liability?

The owner or the agency he hires to let it out for him, I assume. How could a Juristic Person possibly know what's going on from day to day in a building, for example, that has 300 or more condos, some possibly being let out ranging from a single night to long term and everything in between.

• Like 1

Does my stay in a short-time hotel even it is only for an hour or two get/have to be reported as well? Just asking...gigglem.gif

An hour or two for a meeting......No.

If you stay overnight and they need your passport details.........then, Yes.

But it's not your worry or concern if they do or they don't.

The guy I rent my condo from lives in Israel, he moved back there some years ago, I deal directly with him, no agents or anything.

Not your problem, but if one was requested, you'd need a copy of his ID, and ownership.

You can complete the TM30 yourself if the owner lives abroad.

Does my stay in a short-time hotel even it is only for an hour or two get/have to be reported as well? Just asking...gigglem.gif

So naive, LOL i dont think you got the humour in what he was asking Paz

• Like 1

clap2.gif was just about to ask Paz what about if I fall asleep with exhaustion having "worked" so hard, will somebody knock on the door and ask for my passport details...cheesy.gif

• Like 1

"An hour or two for a meeting......No."

Is "meeting" a new euphemism?

"...in what he was asking Paz "

You may be confusing "Faz" with "Paz."

"An hour or two for a meeting......No."

Is "meeting" a new euphemism?

Reviewing a portfolio of some ones ample assets ?

The guy I rent my condo from lives in Israel, he moved back there some years ago, I deal directly with him, no agents or anything.

If you have a rental or lease agreement that makes you the possessor of the condo. According to the immigration act you could submit the TM30 yourself.

But you would have to submit the agreement and possibley a singed copy of the owners passport and house book or chanote.

• Like 1

Sorry, it went right over my head when I first read it facepalm.gif

Anyway, blame that Paz fella. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Immigration gave me the website that is used to report Aliens staying in hotel rooms or rented apartments.

http://113.53.245.227/Immigration/Hotel/InformAlien/AlienListName.aspx

They told me it wasn't necessary to trot down to Immigration - just open an account and input on line.

The website is in Thai but a translation tool might be helpful.

Got this when I tried that link.

Not Found

The requested URL /Immigration/Hotel/InformAlien/AlienListName.aspx was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.8 (Win32) PHP/5.2.6 Server at 113.53.245.227 Port 80

I would imagine this is the responsibility of the unit owners. How can the condo manager keep up with condos that are rented.

My condo management reports them and I'm pretty sure they do it online like hotels do.

At my condo a renter is required to check in with the management and provide a copy of passport and rental agreement. A renter at a condo, unlike an owner, could be refused entry if they failed to cooperate with the requirement.

• 3 weeks later...

I would imagine this is the responsibility of the unit owners. How can the condo manager keep up with condos that are rented.

My condo management reports them and I'm pretty sure they do it online like hotels do.

At my condo a renter is required to check in with the management and provide a copy of passport and rental agreement. A renter at a condo, unlike an owner, could be refused entry if they failed to cooperate with the requirement.

We just rented out one of our condominiums for three months to a foreign tenant.
Of course we do the TM 30, already sent out to the immigration.
Today our office called my wife that they need a copy of the passport of the tenant. Do they have the right to ask for a copy of the passport of the tenant? I would love to tell them: "none of your business. If you think there's a problem call the police or the immigration. As everything in our case is 100% legal I would not fear anything…"
Our management is highly corrupt and I do not trust them at all.

Here is what the immigration said (because I asked my wife to call the immigration by herself to get information from first-hand)

"Immigration said we don't have to give the passport because the tanent rent the room from us not from condo management" (from hotline 1111)

• 4 months later...

The Condominium juristic person manager has no legal

obligation to file the TM.30 for foreigners staying in condo units owned by other persons unless the condo owner himself requests and authorises the the manager to do it on his behalf.