David Cameron: Travel outside of London, see the rest of UK

webfact

British PM: Travel outside of London, see the rest of UK

LONDON, England - Tourists will be encouraged to travel outside of London under a fresh drive to boost British tourism announced by David Cameron.

Visa reforms to make it easier to visit the UK, along with curbs on red tape and transport improvements, are among the plans outlined in a strategy to increase visitor numbers.

A ministerial taskforce, headed by Culture Secretary John Whittingdale, is being set up to drive through the changes.

On the second day of a visit to the South West, the Prime Minister said: "Millions of overseas tourists visit the UK every year and most take in the sights of London. But Britain has so much more to offer, from the Cornish Riviera to the Scottish Highlands and everything in between.

"For many areas tourism is a key industry bringing jobs, growth and security for working people. Tourism supports almost one in 10 jobs in the UK and we want to rebalance the economy to make sure this boost is felt right across the country."

Ministers from across government will sit on the committee overseeing the five-point plan, which focuses on better collaboration between organisations, boosting skills and jobs, "common sense" regulation, transport and improved border services.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/61534/british-pm-travel-outside-london-see-rest-uk

-- eTN 2015-07-17

Aye, Scunthorpe on a wet Wednesday is a treat not to be missed. whistling.gif

Seriously, so much of the UK is missed by tourists who only get to see London (and often ripped off).

Time Cameron and his clique appreciated there's a world outside Westminster and London.

What!

No fabricated numbers from the Tourist Authority of Britain on the billions of Pounds this will generate.

You have yet to ever provide any repeat ANY link --to say that numbers are fabricated anywhere-------but please don't let facts get in the way of a good slagging Thaddeus...................... coffee1.gif

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"--Mark Twain.

The last 3 reports from Mastercard etc----have put London as first in destination numbers...... BKK 2nd, I take it your willing to accept that's not a plot from the UK about the numbers---but it is from Thailand.

Go get some more tin foil for your hat Thaddeus........................

yeah, but the uk is expensive and most tourists likely have a short trip and don't want to spend it travelling all day. and if they are anything like my friend did in her recent trip, london was just another stop on a european tour. which i believe most tour packages will hit major cities. her's for example london paris and rome. But outside of that, of the people I do know that did visit the north country or scotland or ireland, it was always someone exploring their roots.

Aye, Scunthorpe on a wet Wednesday is a treat not to be missed. whistling.gif

Seriously, so much of the UK is missed by tourists who only get to see London (and often ripped off).

Time Cameron and his clique appreciated there's a world outside Westminster and London.

Ageed. One of the best nights I had when travelling the UK was in Cleethorpes.

What!

No fabricated numbers from the Tourist Authority of Britain on the billions of Pounds this will generate.

You have yet to ever provide any repeat ANY link --to say that numbers are fabricated anywhere-------but please don't let facts get in the way of a good slagging Thaddeus...................... coffee1.gif

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"--Mark Twain.

The last 3 reports from Mastercard etc----have put London as first in destination numbers...... BKK 2nd, I take it your willing to accept that's not a plot from the UK about the numbers---but it is from Thailand.

Go get some more tin foil for your hat Thaddeus........................

Either lighten up, or get help, seriously.

Ageed. One of the best nights I had when travelling the UK was in Cleethorpes.

The place is a shit tip now all the life blood has been sucked out of the place by bloody Yorkshire, Its about time this Government looked at the locals, Why

is North Lincolnshire Run from Yorkshire, Why is my post code 80 miles from my home, while the capital of my County is 30 miles away.