Hyena Bangkok Taxi

whistling.gif I can remember times when I arrived in Bangkok at 2:30 a.m. and the only taxi wanted 1200 Baht to go to downtown Bangkok.

The last time I arrived in Bangkok was in July.

It was 9 p.m. and I went downstairs to the airport train level.

I caught a meter taxi from the queue outside and it cost me 200 Baht on the meter.

It was in the middle of a thunderstorm, so I also gave him 70 Baht for the expressway from the airport as the streets were flooded and traffic was basically stalled by water on the streets.

Taking the expressway was the best thing to do.

It's a world of difference now from the old days.

whistling.gif

Arriving at the airport midnight, (hyena) taxi wants to charge +400 to +500 out of meter premium. This is illegal.

If I take video of refusing taxis and such hyenas, where can I bring it to prosecution of these drivers?

------------------------------

That's funny.

Taxi drivers like that have a "friend" in the AOT that runs the airport taxis.

You can't touch them because of their "friends".

Why don't you forget litigation and head to the official taxi rank, tell the girl where you want to go, she'll give you a price and write it on a card for you and give it to your driver and off you go. Life is simple and sweet!

Why don't you forget litigation and head to the official taxi rank, tell the girl where you want to go, she'll give you a price and write it on a card for you and give it to your driver and off you go. Life is simple and sweet!

Because he thinks he can take on the taxi company & win with his arms & legs still attached to his torso

Another classic case of disengaging brain in home country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk