Xiaomi Phones

chuang

I saw a shop next to the Imobile store in Airport Plaza selling Xiaomi Cameras. Somebody started a thread a few months ago asking the same question and at the time i don't think you could buy any Xiaomi phones or cameras in CM. The cameras are here now maybe the phones are?

I just bought a Xiaomi Mi4 from Lazada at a great price. If you read Chinese - no problem. But beware. The phone is shipped with no instructions in English and a ROM that is targeted at the Chinese market. So no Google apps. It took me hours of research on the internet to learn how to load the "global" ROM to the phone so that I could get the Google apps and other English-language apps. Now, that I have everything working, I Iike the phone very much.

If you buy the phone in India (or from an Indian website) or in Malaysia or Singapore you'll get the "global" ROM pre-installed. Xiaomi has not officially targeted Thailand as yet.

I got a the Xiaomi Yi camera. Very cheap compared to a Gopro and takes great video and photos. It took awhile for Xiaomi to release an english language app for it which is essential . Then their download links don't work for awhile. Xiaomi release firmware upgrades just click on the link and your camera may never work again! Google it and the world is full of people who did the Xiaomi firmware upgrade off the Xiaomi official app and the camera is now junk. Bricked is the tech term i believe. Xiaomi aim to be the new Apple.

I just bought a Xiaomi Mi4 from Lazada at a great price. If you read Chinese - no problem. But beware. The phone is shipped with no instructions in English and a ROM that is targeted at the Chinese market. So no Google apps. It took me hours of research on the internet to learn how to load the "global" ROM to the phone so that I could get the Google apps and other English-language apps. Now, that I have everything working, I Iike the phone very much.

If you buy the phone in India (or from an Indian website) or in Malaysia or Singapore you'll get the "global" ROM pre-installed. Xiaomi has not officially targeted Thailand as yet.

yes they are in Thailand. they kicked off at a large event in Bangkok about 2 months ago. they are indeed available. my friend bought one in Bangkok while she was here and i have to say i was so impressed with it.

stay away from Lazada as they do not offer a guarantee on a large percentage of the products.

One thing I did like about buying the phone from Lazada (along with the low price) was that they allowed for a free COD delivery which meant that I didn't pay anything until the delivery man showed up at my door and I was able to inspect the contents for any damage. Overall, I was pleased with the transaction, except for Xiaomi's failure to include English-language instructions. None of the cellphone shops at Central Festival in Chiang Mai carry the Xiaomi line, as of today, although there were other Chinese phones available.