Motorists Advised To Beware Of Illegal Street Racers.

Lite Beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is an opportunity for someone to set up a drag strip for these kids, sell vendor spots, charge small entrance fees, etc etc.

Of course some wont go, because its the outlaw element that is attractive to them, still better than what it is now, cops chasing chickens around the roads

Recently a "street" drag strip for this type of racing was set up, exactly as you envisage, at Buriram Racetrack. It is very well managed, full medical cover etc, and is packed with these kids at every meeting. Whilst it will not help Bangkok, I am sure a similar facility could be replicated there.

Well there you go, well done in Buriram who ever set it up.

Thanks for passing that info on.

Dont forget the street racers on ekamai. I hear them racing every night on their super bikes as they leave Eakamai and Petchburi intersection. EVERYNIGHT! i doubt they want to pullover some rich kid, cause thats future compensation money for any dead person they may kill int he future. That like hitting the thai lottery.

Several hundreds of young street racers rounded up by police

8-9-2015-12-14-40-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan and provincial police today rounded up several hundreds of young motorcyclists as they mustered at several locations in Bangkok and adjacent provinces to drive to Nakhon Nayok's Wang Takrai waterfall.

Assistant commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri said Sunday that these young motorcyclists claimed they were planning to Wang Trakrai for visit but they intended to race along the way from Bangkok to Nakhon Nayok in defiance of the law.

They drove on the Vibhavadi Rangsit in large number abreast of all lanes, even on inbound lanes with no fear of the law and with no regard to the safety of other road users, he said.

More than a hundred of them were rounded up at bang Khen intersection in front of Bang Khen railway station.

At noon the police are still questioning them and are screening those who have no driving licences and their motorcycles to see if they were modified,

Pol Lt Gen Prawutnsaid these defiant racers started mustering at various places in the capital at 5 am, waiting for the police to lift their routine road checkpoints.

He said by noon today the police were still taking them and transporting their vehicles on trucks to the station.

“It’s really a waste of time to deal with these young racers, as the police still have other important things to do,'” he said.

He also said they and their parents could face charges if their motorcycles were found to be modified for racing, to drive with no licence.

Initially these youngsters will face charge for driving with no regard to the safety of others, he added.

Earlier in the morning their presences on several locations in the capital and on major highway which include Vibhavadi Rangsit and RangsitbNakgon Nayok turned traffic on these roads to chaos.

Hundreds of these young motorcyclists, under 18 years old, were intercepted and have all their vehicles checked as well as their driving licences.

The police later exercised power under Article 44 to confiscate all their motorcycles for check.

If they are found to be modified for racing they will be seized, and their parents will also face charges under the order earlier announce by the military junta.

Most of theses teenagers did not wear crash helmets and they drove in large groups of 50-100 abreast of the roads, and some also in the reversible lanes ignoring traffic law.

But several hundreds of these teenagers were able to avoid police road blocks and were making their way to Wang Trakrai waterfall.

Meanwhile Prachinburi police were also trying to intercept hundreds young street racers as they blocked all traffic lanes to race along a section of the road from Prachinburi to Nakhon Nayok.

Motorists have to stop to let these youngsters to race.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/several-hundreds-of-young-street-racers-rounded-up-by-police

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2015-08-09

The police should confiscate their bikes and crush them, not sell them, bale them. Problem solved in a couple of days. Invite the motor cyclist to watch their bikes being baled.

Where's the army when you really need them? blink.png

Every motor cyclist caught street racing should have their motor cycle confiscated and baled. The motor cyclist should be taken to watch while his bike is baled. Problem solved ion a couple of days. Reduce them to scrap metal, its the only way they will learn.

Dont forget the street racers on ekamai. I hear them racing every night on their super bikes as they leave Eakamai and Petchburi intersection. EVERYNIGHT! i doubt they want to pullover some rich kid, cause thats future compensation money for any dead person they may kill int he future. That like hitting the thai lottery.

I often hear them but have never seen them.

Don't forget that Ekamai belongs to Thong Lor police. Enough said?

Off topic: what about all the construction that goes on all night?

Edited by petedk

these young lads are the same the world over they don't give a damn about authority or the police the bikers in America are just the same the Harley Davidson mob hells angels have always defied authority .

I reckon their modified Honda Waves could go faster than the Harleys wink.png

I was out riding today and went from Prachinburi via Nakhon Nayok to Ayutthaya around 2 pm, and saw a lot of them on the road, and no cops - I think they gave up. Anyway, from what I saw most of them were wearing helmets, so that is a start, and they were just riding, nothing too crazy.

I say give them places they can race, cos you aren't going to stop them.

While riding to Chonburi a while back, I came across hundreds of them. Wearing helmets and not racing or pulling crazy stunts. Mixed in with them for a while. They ended up at Bang Sean behaving themselves and no sign of trouble or racing.

Some people on here need to get a life, or at least not interfere with younger people who still have a life to live, unlike themselves.