Airport safety in Thailand raised to level 3

webfact

Airport safety in Thailand raised to level 3

BANGKOK, 18 August 2015 (NNT)-The Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) has raised airport safety levels to level 3 for its 28 airports across the country, following the bomb attack in the heart of Bangkok last night.

According to DCA Director General Parichart Kotcharat, a high level of security at 28 airports is now being carried out rigorously to assure safety for passengers and those visiting the airport.

Stricter passenger and luggage search for any forbidden items and weapons as well as a thorough x-ray scan within the airport terminal have already been enforced.

Level 3, out of 4, is said to have been the highest level of safety ever implemented at the airport. Airport officials are expected to be monitoring surveillance cameras around the clock for any suspicious people or activities.

Soldiers and police have been coordinated to safeguard the airports.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-18 footer_n.gif

I'm not worried. There are enough retired police officers (with concealed firearms) that are flying these days out of Thailand, that I'll be protected from criminals in the event something happens in the airport's "security" areas.

Edited by DirtyDan

Stress all over the place soon. Fighting those bombing freaks will take a huge coordinated effort. But it can be done. The Red Armee Faction in Germany, The Red Brigades, IRA, ETA. They all lost the fight. One of the very few agreements Hamas made with Israel had the main condition that Israel would stop targetting the Hamas leadership.

Conclusion: If intelligence shows who are behind it, target the leaders. Only brute force will root out the rats. Their numbers always are small and grow less when the chance of getting caught grows.

I made a school boy error when booking this flight , got hot seat to see if I could win a gold in the immigration chase. Only to realise its the last one in from Singapore that night , meaning a half an hour Taxi round the Runway to very near Pathum Thani then a 3 hour drive back to the terminal. in an AA bus. Through past experience I have managed to determine which side of the bus to stand on to be on the side facing the terminal entrance but that is a very small advantage when considering the price of a hotseat

Stress all over the place soon. Fighting those bombing freaks will take a huge coordinated effort. But it can be done. The Red Armee Faction in Germany, The Red Brigades, IRA, ETA. They all lost the fight. One of the very few agreements Hamas made with Israel had the main condition that Israel would stop targetting the Hamas leadership.

Conclusion: If intelligence shows who are behind it, target the leaders. Only brute force will root out the rats. Their numbers always are small and grow less when the chance of getting caught grows.

I wouldn't say the IRA lost. The original IRA eventually secured an independent Ireland apart from Northern Ireland. The Provisional IRA are now, through their political wing, part of the power sharing government of NI. Many ex IRA personnel have avoided any prosecution and some are now in powerful political positions.

ETA are still active, AFAIK.

The Red Brigades and similar are minority group terrorists with very small memberships who pushed an extreme and not popularly supported political ideology, which they may not of really believed themselves and just been criminals.

The IRA, ETA and Hamas are seen by large sections of their communities as freedom fighters and legitimate organizations.

The British government knew who many of the IRA leaders were. Targeting them could have been done easily, but was not an acceptable way forward and they would have quickly been replaced.