Royal Thai Consulate

I may have to go to Birmingham at some point over the next two weeks, and as my O visa needs renewing I thought I might kill two birds with one stone.

Does anyone know if they accept applications at the office, if so do I need to make an appointment in advance.. ?

Please keep answers relevent to the Birmingham office..

thanks

totster :o

I may have to go to Birmingham at some point over the next two weeks, and as my O visa needs renewing I thought I might kill two birds with one stone.

Does anyone know if they accept applications at the office, if so do I need to make an appointment in advance.. ?

thanks

The Royal Thai Cosulate is in an office block about 50 meters from Birmingham New Street Station main entrance. If you have the completed forms and photos plus 95 quid it will take about 10 minutes to get your visa.

Cheers Holidaybob

Totster, Yes they do except applications at their office. I can say unequivocally they provide an efficient and prompt service. It is best to ring in advance and let then know you are coming. They have forms in reception (their office is located on a higher floor). If you have not prepared the forms in advance you can do that in reception, they have them there.

They will then come down and collect your completed forms and passport. I then normally go to the McDonalds a couple of doors up for my daily fix of junk food and return in 30 minutes and everything is ready. Reception will ring up to the Consulate and they will bring your passport back duly stamped with your visa.

thanks

I got a non-immigrant B multiple there about 2 weeks ago.

Phoned guy to get script of busines letter, printed off forms from web site & received new visa after a 10 minute wait in reception.

Frankly had not expected it to be so simple in light of current situation.

Halfway up the ramp going into Old Bullring shopping centre, HSBC Bank building. Phone inside to ring him. As previous, ring beforehand to check and have everything ready.

Actually the Consulate has recently moved from the HSBC building.

It is now in a modern building - One Victoria Square - at the top of New Street, opposite the Town Hall.

Halfway up the ramp going into Old Bullring shopping centre, HSBC Bank building. Phone inside to ring him. As previous, ring beforehand to check and have everything ready.

Actually the Consulate has recently moved from the HSBC building.

It is now in a modern building - One Victoria Square - at the top of New Street, opposite the Town Hall.

Correct. they moved earlier this year

From their Web site

http://www.thailand-visa.com/thai-visa.application

Royal Thai Consulate

One Victoria Square

Birmingham

B1 1BD

Telephone : +44 (0) 121 643 9481

Facsimile: +44 (0) 121 643 9485

Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 8.00am until 11.30am

The Consulate is closed at weekends and on all UK National Holidays.

In the event of an emergency please phone +44 (0) 787 067 3079

(Not to be used for Visa Application Forms – These can be down loaded from this web site)

How to find us:

Travel by train

Birmingham New Street is approximately a 3 minute walk away while Snow Hill Station is 10 minutes on foot.

Travel by Car

From M6: Come off at Junction 6. Take the A38(M) towards Birmingham City Centre. Stay on the A38 going over the flyover and go under St Chads Queensway. Upon exiting the tunnel filter left on to Great Charles Street. Straight over the traffic lights then take the first left at Paradise Circus Island into Suffolk Street. Keep in the left hand lane , take the first turning on the left and then left again. One Victoria Square is on your left hand side at the end of the road. There are plenty of NCP parking sites within the area, just follow the signs.

From M5: Join M6 Southbound signposted Birmingham & NEC and follow the directions as per M6.