gas Oven

duanebigsby

I've been wanting a free standing gas oven/burners on top type stove and I've seen some as low as 9k baht.

Obviously less quality than the 35k baht ones in Powerbuy, but has anyone bought one of these cheap units and been happy with it for bread, meatloaf etc>

Having had various types over the years, my personal recommendation would be to use the Gas for just the burners.

If you want a decent oven use the Microwave size/design type that sit on the work service, more energy efficient as heating a smaller space.

Capable of handling most domestic size items and generally easier to use being at a higher operating level, easier to clean etc.

I also found these to be more accurate in terms of temperature etc.

Only my opinion based on my experience.

6k baht in Makro, reduced from 9k

post-109645-0-21368500-1441286310_thumb.

House Worth a professional oven 60 liter model HW-EO07 (ideal for bakery, restaurant).

Code: 229 448

Product characteristics : Oven

Brand : House Worth

Details :

• 60 liter capacity
  • Controlled heater on - lower.
  • Adjustable temperature 100-250 degrees Celsius.
  • Set the timer for 60 minutes with alarm.
  • Built for easy cleaning
  • Indicators
  • A double glass door design adds more security.
  • Accessories: General grill, grill French fries.
  • Trays and trays of food tongs

Having had various types over the years, my personal recommendation would be to use the Gas for just the burners.

If you want a decent oven use the Microwave size/design type that sit on the work service, more energy efficient as heating a smaller space.

Capable of handling most domestic size items and generally easier to use being at a higher operating level, easier to clean etc.

attachicon.gifmakro-oven.jpg

House Worth a professional oven 60 liter model HW-EO07 (ideal for bakery, restaurant).

Details :

• 60 liter capacity
  • Indicators

We have the same the wife bakes every week Cakes cookies bread. I do roasts and ribs. Have not tried a chicken or turkey yet. I was surprised how well it works.

I bought a 5,000 baht gas oven from Powerbuy several years ago. Not worth it. Gas hob is fine but the oven is basically a tin box with a burner at the bottom, zero insulation. The one I got had no base to it so any fat that spat while cooking ended up in a pool on the kitchen floor.

Details :

• 60 liter capacity
  • Indicators

Thats the same as the one I bought but it only cost 4,900B at DoHome in Korat, so it pays to shop around for price.

The only down side is the timer only good for one hour.

I am very happy with it, I have done bread, cakes, Roast pork, lamb & beef.

coffee1.gif

What ever you buy just make sure your gas supply is done properly preferably keeping the bottle out side

And also make sure you have the correct regulator. The counter-top hobs differ from the full cooker/oven ones in that they require a greater flow rate.

Details :

• 60 liter capacity
  • Indicators

Do I understand this an electric appliance?

Details :

• 60 liter capacity
  • Indicators

Do I understand this an electric appliance?

Yes.

Buy a turbo oven, glass bowl with heat and fan on the top with dial with temp and time. Something like http://tinyurl.com/owgtem8 under 1000 baht from tesco or makro etc.

I use my turbo oven (Also called halogen Oven) almost every day. Great for small roasts (1 1/2-2kg) , pizza, chicken legs, breasts or a whole bird, meat loaf, meat pies, ribs and baked fish. Amazingly versatile really with little residual heat. Mine has a stainless steel bowl rather than glass. Nice for making gravies in the bowl not to mention that I tend to drop things.

I've never tried bread but can not see why not; many recipes on the net.

Edited by dddave

I bake great bread, do full roasts and even very decent thin crust pizza (with the aid of a pizza stone and a mid cook switch to only the bottom element) in a kitchen top electric Zanussi oven bought for about 4,000 baht. Won't even bother with a full oven when we fit a kitchen in our new house given my experience with it.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd