Roadstone tires. Any good?

ClareQuilty

I just had two Roadstones put on my Honda Civic at B-Quick, just 1,450 each for 175/70R13s. Has anyone had any experience with this brand? I tried very hard to get a cheap tire that was not made in China, and these appear to be labelled 'made in Korea' (whether that means they were actually made there, I can't say).

Also, I tried to persuade the B-Quick chaps to put the new tires on the back (anyway it was the back tires which needed replacing), because I had read online that you should keep your better tires on the back. The Michelins I had on the front are still extremely good, but the B-Quicksters insisted on putting the new Roadstones on the front and shifting the Michelins to the back. Is this anything to bother about?

I would say have the better tyres on the front, especially if it's front wheel drive. That's where most of the power and brake forces occur. I don't know much about roadstone but tyres on sedans seem good only for about two years anyway.

No, no worries. CQ ...you, lostinisann and cheerable what can I say ...................just love your postings whistling.gif

Why not go for the real ones? Bridgestone. Or try some stones from Stonehenge, would be the same as you do not seem to drive very often,....

Please see image, they last forever. No problems with air pressure either. thumbsup.gif

P.S. You should always have the better ones in front. A flat front tire isn't what your oldie needs now. Keep them coming. Is the door fixed?

post-158336-0-64445100-1441441372_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

Lostinisaan - yeah I got that door fixed months ago: there was a whole thread about it including pictures. Since then I bought & rebuilt an old Honda Civic, and now I've progressed to a 30,000 baht Peugeot 405.

Edited by ClareQuilty

Lostinisaan - yeah I got that door fixed months ago: there was a whole thread about it including pictures. Since then I bought & rebuilt an old Honda Civic, and now I've progressed to a 30,000 baht Peugeot 405.

No idea how you're doing that. I'd just spent around 20 K for parts. How the hell could you get Peugeot parts here?

When will somebody hit the door and when will the cylinder head gasket give up? Please keep us informed.

It's always nice and relaxing to read your stories. Keep them coming. thumbsup.gif