Tenth bomb suspect sought by police

Lite Beer

Tenth bomb suspect sought by police

10518976_904937012876800_110110974981678

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri said today that police investigators have now sought warrant from the court to arrest the 10th bomb suspect after an arrested suspect has implicated him.

The spokesman didn’t name the latest suspect involved in the bomb explosions at Erawan shrine and Sathorn pier but confirmed that a suspect arrested at the apartment in Nong Chok Mr Adem Karadag has named him to be an accomplice in the bombings after yesterday’s interrogation.

Adem Karadag was brought to the Minburi provincial court late this morning for extension of his detention period for 12 more days, after he has been detained for a week.

He said interrogation of Mr Karadag has been made via three interpretaters and the suspect confessed in Uighur language and named his accomplice.

But he said it remained not known if the court will agreed to the police’s request for the arrest warrant.

So far nine arrest warrants were issued but only three were arrested. The first was arrested in Bangkok, the second at Aranyaprathet border, and the third in Narathiwat province.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tenth-bomb-suspect-sought-by-police

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-05

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..looks like he is now singing like a canary ,and that he is an Uighur .

The only people singing seem to be the police. They knew the reward may loosen up the lips of those involved. Guess they didnt think it would be the authorities who started to talk!

"He said interrogation of Mr Karadag has been made via three interpretaters and the suspect confessed in Uighur language and named his accomplice."

And a new word enters the English language: interpretater - one who is both an interpreter and an interrogator.

Edited by awayego

Man I can't believe this place.1 sensible post and the rest complete childish nonsense.

Surely the important thing here is the police by whatever means possible catch every last one of these suspects and no one else suffers.

20 people died and all you can come up with is sick jokes about the police who seem to be doing a first class job.

If there's 12 or 12 dozen involved the more they lock up the better

Man I can't believe this place.1 sensible post and the rest complete childish nonsense.

Surely the important thing here is the police by whatever means possible catch every last one of these suspects and no one else suffers.

20 people died and all you can come up with is sick jokes about the police who seem to be doing a first class job.

"A first class job" ?

Your post will have to be included in the nonsense.

"A first class job" ?

Why??? He's right. How long does it take police in Western countries to catch people behind such acts. Usually months or longer.

Thai police have caught persons and more on the way.

But you and so many TV posters just want to deride Thais and anything Thai.

Its getting that so many of the posters on TV are basically just full of racism and hate.

Perhaps the NCPO should look to closing TV down, a cesspool of anti-Thai sentiment.

Credit to BIB this time - this is on the world wide stage ( just like the B2 where I think they <deleted> ) but let's see how many arrested and charged and see how quickly the "reward" is returned to the rightful people ( but won't hold my breath on that one - I can sense new cars already been ordered )

Yes, the Thai bashers are always lining up here on Thaivisa when there is news coming from the RTP. It doesnt matter if they did a good job or not. If they catched the right guys or not ,in their minds RTP is just something silly that we can't take seriously anymore so let's just make fun of them every time.

I admit that sometimes they deserve it, but try to give them credit a few times.

Edited by balo

"A first class job" ?

Why??? He's right. How long does it take police in Western countries to catch people behind such acts. Usually months or longer.

Its getting that so many of the posters on TV are basically just full of racism and hate.

Perhaps the NCPO should look to closing TV down, a cesspool of anti-Thai sentiment.

Wow! OK then. crazy.gif

"A first class job" ?

Wow! OK then. crazy.gif

Don't be too hard on the lad, every Thailand newbie goes through the same stage.

He'll learn, same as I did, same as you probably did.

Don't be too hard on the lad, every Thailand newbie goes through the same stage.

Some of us have been to Thai many times, some of us have lived in Thai extensively, some of us can speak read and write Thai and still keep our positives about the Thai people and culture. I agree with the original posters, keep the racism and the anti Thai anger and sentiment negatives to yourselves.

It gets so tiring to read all that anti Thai people stuff, made by so many posters here. First it was all about bitching how the Thai police would not catch the bombers, now its all about bitching they are catching too many? Can they do anything right in your minds?

If you do not like Thailand, the Thai people etc. Then why do you visit? Why do you live in Thailand? If it is such a terrible place, filled with such terrible people, then why not leave? Thailand will be a better place without you.

Peace : )) ...Venting over...(been saving that up for a few years)

Gerry

Some of us have been to Thai many times, some of us have lived in Thai extensively, some of us can speak read and write Thai and still keep our positives about the Thai people and culture. I agree with the original posters, keep the racism and the anti Thai anger and sentiment negatives to yourselves.

It gets so tiring to read all that anti Thai people stuff, made by so many posters here. First it was all about bitching how the Thai police would not catch the bombers, now its all about bitching they are catching too many? Can they do anything right in your minds?

If you do not like Thailand, the Thai people etc. Then why do you visit? Why do you live in Thailand? If it is such a terrible place, filled with such terrible people, then why not leave? Thailand will be a better place without you.

Gerry

Kinda makes you wonder why so many people feel negatively about Thais and why so few manage to keep feeling positive.

In my experience, there's usually a reason. I know what mine is, you doubtless know what yours is. I will not criticise your world view which is apparently where we differ. Life teaches us what it teaches us. Your view is your view, I can manage quite well without it thanks.

Somehow, this whole affair is a bit of mess don't you think? Sure, they've arrested some suspects, but they've also got quite some help from the outside/other countries giving them some clues (concerning the uighurs for instance), but rejected other help when this has been offered.

But, yes, they have achieved some good things, that's true, and I believe there must be some good cops doing a good job, but honestly, there seem to be lot's of sh.t going on as well

" a first class job" ?????

which country are you from that you can possibly believe that the farce we have been following over the last 3 weeks could be described as "a first class job" ?????

The RTP have a poor reputation for some very obvious reasons, no crime scene should have been so quickly washed and scrubbed clean the day after the event, they don'i appear to have a dedicated squad of forensic officers,that should be there to keep the crime scene,clear until all evidence is collected, and they seem to think that help from outside is some kind of slight on their abilities to cope.All the time they hold those views they will leave themselves open to ridicule, as previouse posts indicate.

Gerry

Kinda makes you wonder why so many people feel negatively about Thais and why so few manage to keep feeling positive.

In my experience, there's usually a reason. I know what mine is, you doubtless know what yours is. I will not criticise your world view which is apparently where we differ. Life teaches us what it teaches us. Your view is your view, I can manage quite well without it thanks.

Just seeing a copper around once in a while would boost my moral and my positivity towards them but alas no such luck. The only time I see them is when they are rounding up the kids that are driving motorbikes with no helmet. Easy pickings I guess like shooting fish in a barrel. The rest I see in the newspaper headlines pointing their figure at someone so they must exist.

Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri said today that police investigators have now sought a warrant from the court to arrest the 10th bomb suspect after an arrested suspect has dobbed him in courtesy of to quote "via three INTERPRETATORS". But in the penultimate paragraph he says that approval for that arrest has not been given. Which effectively means nothing achieved. Usual Thai megaphone broadcasting of no real achievement.

"He said interrogation of Mr Karadag has been made via three interpretaters and the suspect confessed in Uighur language and named his accomplice."

And a new word enters the English language: interpretater - one who is both an interpreter and an interrogator.

No thats someone who interprets potatoes

"A first class job" ?

"Perhaps the NCPO should look to closing TV down, a cesspool of anti-Thai sentiment."

Guess someone skipped class the day free speech was discussed in school. Or perhaps that's not even a principle wherever you're from.

Just so you know, I fully agree that there's too much gratuitous 'thai bashing' around here, and I've spoken against it many times myself, but the 'solution' is to call people out on it, not to stifle free speech. You should know better than that.

They'r all scumbags, hang'em high please.

"A first class job" ?

This guy is being sarcastic right?