New changes coming next week on visas extensions?

I read in another forum immigration is now giving only 1 month extensions in ALL visas. Only if you are married AND have a thai child you get 3 months.

My visa agent just called me now telling me to give him my passport tomorrow to extend my ED visa ASAP even if I have more than 1 month left. He said there will be some change in the visa extensions next week because of the bombings. Anyone else has seen any tightening on the visa rules?

I don't deny the possibility of Immigration taking "emergency" measures that make no sense.

But if you think about, workers, married, retired, and even the big payers VIP card holder, all these (some hundred thousands ?) are normally entitled to 1 years stay. changing that three months would be pulling the rope a bit too much and cause people to leave for good, leaving Thailand without the related money as well a lot of unhappy Thais.

So possibly what they would do is to place all extensions "under evaluation" for a given time, until their internal feud is resolved. after which things will go back as they where before.

Interesting, Where did you get this info? what forum? and what is the web site called?

I don't have access to rumours but if you read the news that are prominent since yesterday I think you would conclude that urgent immigration measures are not just possible but very likely. Any government or bureaucracy of the world would do the same after a bloody event involving foreigners.

Edited by paz

Interesting, Where did you get this info? what forum? and what is the web site called?

I don't have access to rumours but ff you read the news that are prominent since yesterday I think you you would conclude that urgent immigration measures are not just possible but likely. Any government or bureaucracy of the world would do the same after a bloody event involving foreigners.

Hi thanks for your comment. We all know that!! I was asking the op.Or are you another one with two screen names??

Hi thanks for your comment. We all know that!! I was asking the op.Or are you another one with two screen names??

I do have one screen name and one approach of willing to help others. if your intelligence exceeds that more power to you and good luck jumping forums.

• Like 1

I do have one screen name and one approach of willing to help others. if your intelligence exceeds that more power to you and good luck jumping forums.

Point noted. But my the post is still waiting to be answered by the OP As I have a strong feeling he is a troll.

• Like 1

Absolute RUBBISH suggestion from the OP.

YES tragic event, let's hope the terrorists are caught.

As for chocking the already flagging tourist numbers...

Give me a break. Thaivisa is becoming more and more a rumor mongering forum. Don't post without evidence.

Yes I agree TROLL

• Like 2

Give me a break. Thaivisa is becoming more and more a rumor mongering forum. Don't post without evidence.

Yes I agree TROLL

I certainly wish nothing will happen that impacts law-abiding foreigners but when the news since yesterday is the following

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/thai-police-chief-asks-pm-prayut-to-clean-up-the-immigration-police-bureau/113881/

I have no problem believing Immigration will place a clampdown on pretty much anything.

paz ....I really respect your posts often read them and they give me sound advice. Enough said.

However if Thai immigration was to do something this stupid it would raise the inept level.

It seems so far that the accused entered with false passports and bribes.

The many many guests here from retired farang to ed visa and B ...doing their reporting and renewal and jumping through the hoops.....is not the threat to Thailand.

It is in within. But I have digressed from topic.

Extensions will not change.

Yes I agree TROLL

I certainly wish nothing will happen that impacts law-abiding foreigners but when the news since yesterday is the following

http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/thai-police-chief-asks-pm-prayut-to-clean-up-the-immigration-police-bureau/113881/

I have no problem believing Immigration will place a clampdown on pretty much anything.

Well good for you. I am sure everyone has read your Yesterdays news. I am still waiting an answer from the OP to my questions.

You must admit that TV has become a rumor sxxx stirring forum. Its hard to believe anything that is posted these days.

well honestly I am not concerned whether or not u think I am troll. My visa agent called me at 6pm this afternoon telling me to bring him my passport tomorrow to get an extension before the new changes come into effect. Up to you to my your own conclusions

• Like 1