Super large rats

SCARLETIBIS1

Well, I just moved in to a new complex and before I did I visited it 6 times. I saw few dogs. Unfortunately, right after I moved in (in the mountains) I soon encountered some very large rats that look surprisingly like dogs. My apartment building is a very small three story 9 unit building on quite a bit of land off the main street. There are two roads that lead in to the complex. These rats are now chasing me whenever I either leave or enter the complex. They roam the complex area and down the two streets on each side of the complex. One night I encountered about a dozen of them on the road.

So, I can see why they are there because the complex was a rehab and they just came from all over and no one ever chased them away etc etc. I complained to the manager and was told the government would take them away if they called them but the poor rats would then be exterminated. Well, I talked with the neighbors and none of them admit to owning any of these rats so I guess no one will miss them if they disappear.

So my question is where is the best place to buy rat poison for a rat the size of a dog? If anyone knows pls pm me. Thanks

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1

Rat poison is available at many mom and pop stores and seems surprisingly effective, even on rats the size of a dog wink.png

. My maid has it down to a fine art, mixing the poison with minced raw chicken works well; dead rats everywhere.

The question is do you know where the rats will go to die, and have you smelt a dead rat, or rats (especially those the size of dogs....) You may find it easier to live with the rats rather than the smell sick.gif

So my question is where is the best place to buy rat poison for a rat the size of a dog?

They will die quickly of lead poisoning.

.38 caliber lead.

Edited by NeverSure

At least it's some entertainment for the OP while he waits for True Visions to install his satellite.

Yep, called TV again Sunday. Guy promised to call me back and here we are Monday morning and no TV. They probably know the location are afraid of the dog sized rats here.

I don't where in the world anyone thinks I mean dogs. Where did I say dogs in my post? I love dogs. Especially the ones that stay up all night barking under my window. Beats listening to Classical music and its free.

Anyone know how to say rat poison in Thai?

Rat bait containing warfarin is effective. Big problem is that the rats go and hide to die. Could be under the floor as one member suggests. Neighbours usually hate the idea.

It seems that Asian folk are not worried about rats running over the place, and would rather have live and running rats than dead and smelly ones.

On my morning walks in a built up area near Kad Suan Keow, I often see rats scurrying around, and a good few which have been slower than the road traffic. With the amount of garbage thrown into vacant lots, it's not altogether surprising.

Maybe the City Fathers of Chiang Mai will organise rodent-proof bins and mechanised trucks to hoist them up, but the present search and scatter method from anything which passes for a bin will be with us for years to come.

Just another dog killer, ...why do the dogs chase you? are you really such a pussy?

Who said anything about dogs? I said rats the size of dogs. Do dogs chase people in Thailand. First I have heard that. And yes, I have a pussy.

I've seen what I'd consider to be "big" rats here but nothing like your exaggerated claims. If they're chasing you as you claim, how about a photo?

Yes, some dogs chase people, bikes, motorsy, cats, etc., just like dogs everywhere else.

As to your last comment, I didn't see that anybody asking about what anatomy you may possess .......although your mentioning it is some indication of the credibility level your post merits.

Just another dog killer, ...why do the dogs chase you? are you really such a pussy?

Who said anything about dogs? I said rats the size of dogs. Do dogs chase people in Thailand. First I have heard that. And yes, I have a pussy.

I've seen what I'd consider to be "big" rats here but nothing like your exaggerated claims. If they're chasing you as you claim, how about a photo?

Yes, some dogs chase people, bikes, motorsy, cats, etc., just like dogs everywhere else.

As to your last comment, I didn't see that anybody asking about what anatomy you may possess .......although your mentioning it is some indication of the credibility level your post merits.

Well, then you need to re read the posts. Obviously you missed it.

So, you don't want the 'poor rats' exterminated by the government, but your okay with letting them bleed to death internally by feeding them warfarin (rat poison)?

No, actually I would be ecstatic if the government would come and pick them up and/or exterminate them. Anyone know their phone number. Perhaps some rat humane society would come pick them up. Please forward any phone numbers for these services. Thank you.

Can you please confirm that the type of rats you are seeing are of the physiognomy as the one up there? I am from a secret division of the US biological warfare department. We believe extraterrestrials are sending these "rats" as vanguards taking probes to see if they can use human matter as fuel for their UFOs. PM me, please.

rat-hunter-gi-joe.jpg

NO PRISONERS TAKEN.

Edited by No1

To the nutjob who called me a "pussy" I don't need you or any other nutjob to tell me I am a dog killer. 30 years ago while on the first day of a 10 day hiking trip with my gf one hour out of the airport we were traveling thru a desert area and stopped to take a photo. A baby dog that fit in my shoe was several hundred yards out in the desert. Closest village was 7 miles away. No mama dog. Probably thrown out of a car or wandered off an Indian village.We coaxed it with chicken and water. Took 30 minutes for it to come to us. We played it for an hour and finally decided we had to leave. We were sad but what could we do? The damn dog followed us back to the rental car and as I turned around to look at it I saw it next to me. I picked it up and put it on my gf's lap. Next day took it to the vet. It was sick, malnutritioned, had fleas and bad teeth. Cost me $100.

We kept the dog for 10 days and at the end we could not give it away. We loved it. I had to fly home on a different airline. Cost $500 plus another vet visit for pills and buy a cage. Spent two or three months daily training that dog. After that I never had a leash on it for 17 years until it died in my hands. Cried like a baby for months. Never got another dog.

These are not dogs in Thailand. They are pests. They are vermin. They chase, piss and shit all over your bikes, cars and yards. They do not have shots or tags. The owners don't give a sheeet about them. The owners do not care about privacy, common sense or rights of others. Dogs run amok everywhere here. The noise alone can drive people to move out.

So I don't need a lecture from any Thai or anyone else about being a dog killer. I saved the life of that dog. Again, these are not dogs.

I will say this. It isn't the fault of the dogs. It's the fault of the owners, the police and society in general. Who the hell wants a dog chasing a kid or anyone else? I am amazed at the total lack of common sense or decency or other people's rights when it comes to dogs.

What is it about Thais that they think it is ok if a dog chases you or bites you or pisses on you or barks the whole flucking night long depriving you of sleep or runs all over your yard?

Then again I did not mention dogs in my post. I was referring to rats.

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1

And to the highly intelligent bloke who suggested I take photos next time they are chasing me I shall ask them to please stop and pose for a photo. I am sure they understand English.

Unfortunately, the fact that I even replied to your post totally negates the "highly intelligent" suggestion.

And like other comments made by others whooshing over your head (in plain English that means you simply didn't understand what was meant), my comment about taking a photo was a semi-polite way of saying I don't believe your "dog-sized" comments for a nanosecond.

And to the highly intelligent bloke who suggested I take photos next time they are chasing me I shall ask them to please stop and pose for a photo. I am sure they understand English.

Unfortunately, the fact that I even replied to your post totally negates the "highly intelligent" suggestion.

And like other comments made by others whooshing over your head (in plain English that means you simply didn't understand what was meant), my comment about taking a photo was a semi-polite way of saying I don't believe your "dog-sized" comments for a nanosecond.

hehehe. Your comment only shows A) you don't understand sarcasm, cool.pngcool.png you have no sense of humor. My compliments to those that do. Such as those who posted photos NONE of which were Photoshopped. LOL

Trust me, so far there hasn't been a single comment that has been over my head. But a few of mine have been been way over your head.

Edited by SCARLETIBIS1