Thai police protest giving officer position to former PCAD leader

webfact

Police Protest Giving Officer Position to Former PCAD Leader
By Khaosod English

14428156861442815816l.jpg
Chitpas Kridakon speaks at an anti-government protest in Bangkok on 19 May, 2014. Photo: Chitpas Kridakon/Facebook.

BANGKOK — A former leader of the group which organized anti-government protests preceding the 2014 coup is reconsidering her application for an officer position in the Royal Thai Police, a police official said, after her candidacy was criticized as political favoritism.

Chitpas “Tant” Kridakon, 30, is being considered for the position of deputy inspector in the force’s 191 emergency response unit, Royal Thai Police chief Somyot Pumpanmuang confirmed yesterday. Although Chitpas did not attend police academy, he said such applicants can be considered if they possess the “special talents and abilities” needed by relevant agencies.

“As the commander of the Royal Thai Police, let me assure my fellow police officers that I will exercise my power and duty in accordance with the laws to consider [this matter] carefully, and I will uphold the principle of appropriateness, regulations and laws,” Somyot said yesterday.

He insisted police are treating Chitpas’ application like any other.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1442815686

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-21

Harly surprising when she was one of the thugs planning to empty a sewage truck onto the the police during the riot at govt house. Her only claim to fame is being forced to change her name to save the family shame( and a backlash against the business) after she told the media that the uneducated shouldn't get a vote. Vile person

Edited by Prbkk

you have to see the funny side of this, how many cops are actually red shirts or red sympathizers, seems its ok for them but not when its the other side. Police should be neutral and favor neither side but being Thailand this will never happen as we see when the police refuse to do anything to the reds as per the march the other night. If they had done their job in 2010 instead of backing the reds a lot of people may not have died.

I am sure Chitpas Kridakon will never witness terrorist attacks and then state the attacks as "good news" to her supporters like a certain vile police chief did previously.

As long as she is natural in her role and supports justice and most importantly does not cheer nor condone terrorist attacks she will do just fine.

I wish her all the best.

I am sure Chitpas Kridakon will never witness terrorist attacks and then state the attacks as "good news" to her supporters like a certain vile police chief did previously.

As long as she is natural in her role and supports justice and most importantly does not cheer nor condone terrorist attacks she will do just fine.

I wish her all the best.

This is a woman who was forced by her father to change her name due to the shame and bad publicity she was bringing to him and his company.

This is a woman who threatened to empty a full garbage truck on cops.

This is a woman who rode in bulldozer to smash through the Red Shirts.

This is a woman who seriously advocates the anyone without a college degree should not be allowed to vote. (There goes about 90+% of the population)

She might do fine in your yellow elitist world, but she doesn't belong in the real world with people who's heads aren't filled with Suthep/Yellow elitist bull dung.

Regulations will determine if ex-PDRC can join 191: police
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Metropolitan Police Bureau will use regulations when deciding whether to appoint a former People's Democratic Reform Committee leader to a position within the Patrol and Special Operation Division, the police spokesman said.

Lt-General Prawut Thawornsiri Monday said Chitpas "Tan" Kridakorn's application to join the division, also known as 191, was being considered by the bureau and had not yet been forwarded to national police headquarters for approval.

He said anyone qualified for the post would be accepted in accordance with law.

Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan denied that Chitpas applied for the job because she had a close connection with him.

"I have no link [with her]. It is up to the police [to decide] what kind of personnel they want. Everyone has the right to apply for police posts,'' he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Regulations-will-determine-if-ex-PDRC-can-join-191-30269230.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-21

She couldn't even win a seat for the Democrats in Bangkok and then had to resign from her political advisor role after she handed out calendars with photos of virtually nude women, promoting a beer company, in the (hallowed) grounds of government house. She is unusually awful.

Harly surprising when she was one of the thugs planning to empty a sewage truck onto the the police during the riot at govt house. Her only claim to fame is being forced to change her name to save the family shame( and a backlash against the business) after she told the media that the uneducated shouldn't get a vote. Vile person

Not the sort of person you would want in the police.

But then neither are the openly red shirt police officers in Chiang Mai, including the officer caught supporting the bomb murder of children.

Sadly this is no a reflection of the professionalism of the Thai police, just confirmation of their "political" loyalty.

She couldn't even win a seat for the Democrats in Bangkok and then had to resign from her political advisor role after she handed out calendars with photos of virtually nude women, promoting a beer company, in the (hallowed) grounds of government house. She is unusually awful.

She has all the rights to be aligned with any political faction and have her own political beliefs but when you disparage your own people and involved with physical altercation with the police, she crossed the line. A lot of people hate her for this even from her university when she was chosen as commencement speaker. Fortunately that didn't happen and Inope her withdrawal from her police officer application is true. But she has a godfather in a very high position which could change the situation. If that really happen, we have cronyism at its worst.

I wish her all the best.

But was she not the one that organised protests in which police were shot. By the way it was yesterday reported in BKK post that she with drew her application.

She has since withdrawn her name from further consideration, given that "...her candidacy was criticized as political favoritism".

Not the first time for this one though! At the beginning of the year, it was reported in the media that the then Natural Resources and Environment Minister, Dapong Ratanasuwan admitted he officially appointed Ms Kridakon to his working team in 2014, sparking sharp criticism and condemnation from PDRC opponents.

According to Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan today, "Everyone has the right to apply for police posts"

Whilst this may be true, one has to question why so many wealthy people seem to aspire to become officers in the RTP when we are told that salaries are notoriously low.

Do they do this out of some earnest desire to enforce the law, or is their motive somewhat less altruistic?

She has all the rights to be aligned with any political faction and have her own political beliefs but when you disparage your own people and involved with physical altercation with the police, she crossed the line. A lot of people hate her for this even from her university when she was chosen as commencement speaker. Fortunately that didn't happen and Inope her withdrawal from her police officer application is true. But she has a godfather in a very high position which could change the situation. If that really happen, we have cronyism at its worst.

Off course some will see her anti-red support as a vindication of their own pro-red position. Poppycock off course. This girl is a maverick, shouldn't be in the police force, has an inflated view of her own value and if she wasn't doing this would be snuggling up to some farang in order to rip him off later. She should be marginalized.

wonder where she got her degree?

See http://chitpas.com/english-version/

She used to do the PDRC briefings on YouTube. She makes Elizabeth 2 sound like a scruff. Don't think they were all that popular..the last one I watched had 11 views. Not blaming her for sounding posh, just her fanatical opinions. Looking for reconciliation, she is the last person on earth you would give a job through nepotism

You do have a short and selective memory, to say the least......

I wish her all the best.

This is a woman who was forced by her father to change her name due to the shame and bad publicity she was bringing to him and his company.

This is a woman who seriously advocates the anyone without a college degree should not be allowed to vote. (There goes about 90+% of the population)

She might do fine in your yellow elitist world, but she doesn't belong in the real world with people who's heads aren't filled with Suthep/Yellow elitist bull dung.

May I add, that she is not trained in police work, nor trained in the administration of an emergency call and dispatch center.

This is pure favourtism, appointing an unqualified person to the job.

I wish her all the best.

a new low for you

I wish her all the best.

May I add, that she is not trained in police work, nor trained in the administration of an emergency call and dispatch center.

This is pure favourtism, appointing an unqualified person to the job.

Very true. But, on the other hand, isn't that about par for the course in Thailand? whistling.gif

I don't remember hearing about any protests when politicians son got the job of police marksmanship coach (or something like that) after he shot a cop in the face point blank in front of dozens of witnesses, fled the country until all of the witnesses could be intimidated into not testifying, then returning to no charges.

I wonder what the difference in these two situations is????

POLITICS
Regulations will determine if Chitpas can join 191: police

THE NATION

30269278-01_big.jpg
Chitpas

BANGKOK: -- THE Metropolitan Police Bureau will use regulations when deciding whether to appoint a former People's Democratic Reform Committee leader to a position within the Patrol and Special Operation Division, the police spokesman said.

Lt-General Prawut Thawornsiri said yesterday that Chitpas "Tan" Kridakorn's application to join the division, also known as 191, was being considered by the bureau and had not been forwarded yet to national police headquarters for approval.

He said anyone qualified for the post would be accepted in accordance with the law.

Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan denied that Chitpas applied for the job because she had a close connection with him.

"I have no link [with her]. It is up to the police [to decide] what kind of personnel they want. Everyone has the right to apply for police posts,'' he said.

Some police are reportedly upset about Chitpas' move to secure the position. As a result, she reportedly wants to withdraw her application.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Regulations-will-determine-if-Chitpas-can-join-191-30269278.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-22

I wish her all the best.

No condoning terrorist attacks in that list I see.

I wish her all the best.

No condoning terrorist attacks in that list I see.

Seriously Djjamie, you really are taking the p*ss,aren't you? TROLL.

Anyone with half the brains of a wombat can see this is not a person that should hold this position.

There are many many police displaying black ribbons on their radio's, cars, and wrist bands, arm bands in protest of this, and not just BIB but many civilians also supporting this protest by police.